03. old friends

Dreamers.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Waking up in the other world, you felt energized. Although your chest was slowly sinking and caving in fear for what was about to come, you decided it was about time for them to set you free. After all, they couldn't baby you for the rest of your life.

 You wanted friends, real friends to have experiences with not having to rely on the deities in your dreams to hold you up on your own two feet. Speaking of feet, you rised onto them from the weed-covered marble porch as you did many times before.

 Hearing faint voices in the direction where the main garden was, your breath hitched and you immediatley began hyperventilating. Your bones were stiff in fear, and your eyes could only stare blankly down the walkway which lead to the garden. 

 Maybe I can't do this.. 

 You gave a sigh out of exasperation, lowering your bosom to sit back on the porch when you heard a voice.

 "Oi! Aegi-ah!" Your head snapped up to find Seohyun at the other end of the walkway, waving her hands like a mad woman. You clenched your teeth to keep a smile from breaking out, and you refused to move.

 Seohyun, in mild annoyance, stomped her foot on the ground like she was a child. "Come on, aegi-ah, we've been waiting for you!" She continued to call, and in response you continued to ignore her. 

 Giving out a huff, Seohyun made her way over to you. "You're making me look like the childish one now!" She chided as her frame came closer and closer to you. You once again had to clench your teeth to keep a comeback from coming out. 

 When she was within three inches of you, you instinctively took a step back. Seohyun furrowed her eyes in confusion, this had never happened before. Seohyun paused for a moment, then took another step forward. You took a step back. 

 Seohyun shook her head. "You're acting so weird today, aegi.." She pouted. In one swift movement she caught one of your wrists and dragged your body closer to hers, managing to maneuver her arm around your own. 

 "Let's go, we've been waiting for you." She chirped, pulling you along with her down the walkway. You awkwardly stumbled behind the overly-eager woman. The two of you took a turn into the main garden, where Taeyeon and Tiffany lounged on the stone benches by the marble-crafted fountain. 

 At the sound of your footsteps, their eyes shot over to the two of you. They momentarily stopped their conversation of greet you. Tiffany was the first to jump up and come to your side, locking arms with you on the side opposite to Seohyun. 

 "Welcome back, aegi-ah~!" The eyesmile goddess sang, she di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter