Making Friends

Painted Dot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To be honest, you're not even my style

I'm saying there wasn't a kid like you in my plans

But from some point on, I kept starting to care...

...several times a day

I didn't even care if you were here or not,

but now my head's full of you

What in the world is this?

 

Friday evening, Julie had dinner with her Yeonie unnie and all of her close friends, giving them the souveniers she bought them while she was at Disneyland. She had already given her Yeonie unnie her present the prior night.

"Thanks, Hyunie~" The ten off-duty teachers, who were close friends to Jooyeon ever since their high school days as After School (the nickname students had given their group as a whole), thanked their cute little dongsaeng. Yes, they found it funny how they ended up as teachers at the same school, not expecting to see each other again so soon after they seperated for college. They had still kept in contact, a few of them living together (Jungah and Kahi, Nana and Lizzy, Kaeun and E-Young). Their bonds followed them after school indeed.

"It was no problem unnies, really." Julie said modestly, rubbing the back of her head.

"Aigoo, my Hyunie-yah's the sweetest, isn't she?" Jooyeon cooed, bringing her little sister into a hug.

"Eyy~ unnie's exaggerating now." Julie replied modestly with a blush.

"She really isn't. Before we know it, our little Hyunie will be snatched up by someone." Raina commented, ruffling Julie's hair fondly.

"Never! Hyunie-yah's my baby!" Jooyeon exclaimed in horror, holding Julie closer. She couldn't fathom the thought of her beloved sister of dating someone and leaving her, she couldn't! She wouldn't!

"Don't be so sure, unnie." Lizzy quipped with a mischevious look in her eye. "Did you see anybody that caught your interest, Hyunie?" She then asked, making Jooyeon glare at her. Oh, if they weren't in a public restaurant right now...

"Not really, I just made some friends, that's all." Julie replied after some thought. She did think all of her new friends were really pretty, Hyuna unnie in particular, but that was it. "I don't think I'll be dating anytime soon, so Yeonie unnie can relax." Julie said, patting her clingy unnie on the arm.

"Ha! Take that Lizzy-ah!" Jooyeon meronged at her.

"Eh, we'll see, Jooyeon unnie. We'll see." Lizzy replied with a shrug. Sooner or later their Hyunie would charm someone with her natural aegyo and overall sweetness.

Julie spent the weekend having fun with all of her unnies as they showed her around her new home, and playing with her adopted adeuls, Choco and Leo. She just adored her new pet cats, making Jooyeon pout like a child at the lack of attention from her sister, who was away from her for 4 years. She wanted affection too~

Jooyeon offered to drive her sister to school, but Julie declined, wanting to walk to school. They didn't live too far anyway.

Ahead of Julie she saw a group of girls wearing the same school uniform. She saw one of the girl's books fall from her bag while some of her friends were messing around. They continued walking towards school, unaware of her fallen book. Julie lightly jogged to pick up the book, before running to catch up with the girls.

"Excuse me!"

The six girls turned around, Julie stopping in front of them to catch her breath.

"You dropped this." Julie showed them the book.

"Omo, I didn't know I dropped this! Thank you very much, miss." The girl bowed towards Julie in appreciation.

"It's no problem. Thanks for not walking too far." Julie replied modestly.

"I've never seen you around before. You go to our school?" The tallest one asked, noticing Julie wearing their same uniform with the first year emblem.

"Oh! Yes. I just transferred from the states last Friday." Julie replied.

"So you're the new transfer student everyone was talking about." The se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter