Bumping Into Angels

Painted Dot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just another usual day of sitting through Ms. Lee's boring history lesson, Hyuna, Sera, Sem, Erine, and Eunji were half paying attention while texting each other.

 

Sera

Did you guys hear about the new transfer we're going to get?

 

Eunji

Oh yeah, they're coming from the states, right?

 

Sem

Didn't you live in the states, Sera-yah?

 

Hyuna

Aish, you pabo. Sera-yah lived in Canada. Which is way cooler.

 

Erine

Eyy~ unnie doesn't sound too interested in this transfer student.

 

Sem

Yeah, you never know if you'll fall in love with this student~

 

Eunji

Unnie is the lonely cat lady in our group~

 

Hyuna

Yah! My Hoya and Moya are adorable~ And I'm not lonely, I'm happy being single.

 

Sera

That's because no one at the school's caught your fancy, unnie. Otherwise you'd be happily taken, too~

 

Hyuna

You guys are a bunch of lovey dovey pabos.

 

Erine

Don't be so sure, Hyuna unnie. You might be a lovey dovey pabo one day, too.

 

Hyuna

Hah, if that day ever comes, I'll buy you all hanwoo.

 

Eunji

Assa! Can't wait for that day!

 

Sem

Get ready for an empty wallet, unnie~

 

Sera

And don't try to hide it from us, we'll know it when we see you.

 

Their lesson soon ended, everyone packing their things and leaving the room. Hyuna caught a glimpse of Ms. Lee as she talked on her cellphone, smiling and laughing happily, as she left the classroom. Huh, whoever she was talking to must be really special to her, if she wasn't speaking with her usual dry tone.

"Hyunie-yah! Unnie misses you!" Ms. Lee said cutely into her phone. "Why can't you be here now?!"

"Unnie, I miss you too. I wish I could, but I promise I'll be in Korea this Friday, arasseo?"

"*sigh* Arasseo, unnie will wait patiently. I wish I could pick you up from the airport, though."

"Unnie, I know you have a class to teach. I don't want you calling off just to pick me up."

"I know, I would though. I wish I was teaching 1st year history, then I'd get to see Hyunie-yah every day!"

"That wouldn't do, unnie. How would you mess with the class if I were in it? You'd be too busy doting on me."

"That's true, I would. And I just love trolling these kids, pfft. It's not like I actually talk like a boring stick-in-the-mud."

"Nope! Yeonie unnie's the best sister to me!"

"Aigoo, unnie really did miss you, Hyunie-yah."

"I missed you too, 4 years was a long time away from my Yeonie unnie."

"It was, at least you're coming back soon."

"Gotta go, unnie. James oppa's taking me to Disneyland tonight."

"Okay, call me when you get back home. I don't care what time it is. And get me a souvenier."

"Gotcha, saranghae unnie. Tell the other unnies I said hi too. Bye."

"Nado saranghae, Hyunie-yah. Bye." Ms. Lee ended the call with a fond smile.

"There you are, Jooyeonie. It's lunchtime, c'mon. Jungah unnie, Kahi unnie, Soyoung unnie, Bekah-yah, Hyerin-ah, Jinah-yah, Sooyoung-ah, Yiyoung-ah, and Kaeun-ah are waiting for us." Ms. Kim said, coming into Ms. Lee's classroom. "Were you just on the phone?"

"Yeah, Hyunie-yah says hi, by the way."

"Jjinja?! Woah, we'll get to see little Hyunie soon. When is she getting here?"

"This Friday, you feel like going out to dinner with me and Hyunie-yah after the day is done? So that we can catch up with her?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter