Chapter 03

Welcome to Angel Care!

Jonghyun watched as Changhyun scurried around the kitchen, preparing Hwanhee's lunch for the day. It was Hwanhee's first full day at Angel Care, so Changhyun wanted to make sure that his baby had enough to eat. 

"Changhyun, you're making enough food for all of the kids to eat. I bet Chanhee hyung will have to finish Hwanhee's leftovers." Jonghyun tried to tease his husband, but didn't get any response from him. 

Changhyun was ignoring him. 

"At least talk to me before I have to leave for work! You know I didn't mean to do that." Jonghyun pouted as he approached Changhyun, keeping the smaller one trapped between his body and the kitchen counter. Changhyun looked down at the floor, avoiding Jonghyun's gaze. 

"Look. I'm sorry for doing that to you. Sometimes I can't control what happens." Jonghyun kissed Changhyun's forehead softly and smiled a bit when Changhyun finally looked up at him. 

"You left such a big mark this time! Everyone will notice this!" Changhyun cried out as he pointed at his neck which was now marked. Jonghyun chuckled nervously, staring at Changhyun's neck.

"I got carried away! It wasn't my fault. Besides, you totally liked it." Jonghyun smirked when he noticed his husband blushing deeply, confirming his statement. However, a soft cry from their room broke the young couple apart.

"Wait Hwanhee~ Dada will give you a bath." Jonghyun pressed a soft kiss to Changhyun's lips before leaving the kitchen. Changhyun let out a soft sigh of relief when he was finally alone. 

"Everyone at work is going to see this mark." Changhyun tried to mentally prepare himself for the teasing that would happen at his work. He worked in an office that specialized in taking orders of different materials. He would often visit many factories to inspect the materials that the company would purchase. Unfortunately, his job required him to meet many people throughout the day and there was a possibility that these people would notice the mark that Jonghyun had left on him. It was about one inch wide and Changhyun couldn't hide it with anything. 

Changhyun's thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell rang. He quickly washed his hands and checked the monitor to see who it was. Changhyun smiled when he noticed that it was Chanhee waiting at the door. 

"Good morning!" Changhyun greeted as he opened the door. Chanhee smiled for a short moment, pausing once his eyes spotted the mark on Changhyun's neck. 

"Wow. That's a big one." Chanhee smirked and took off his shoes at the entrance, letting himself into the apartment. Changhyun groaned loudly at the daycare owner's teasing. 

"I know. I can't hide this though! I'm not allowed to wear a scarf or turtleneck at work, so I just have to show this off to everyone. I'm going to kill Jonghyun later." Chanhee laughed at the younger adult's problem before suddenly letting out a gasp. 

"I have an idea! Wait, I'll just go back to my place." 

Chanhee didn't even bother putting his shoes back on when he left the couple's apartment. Changhyun stood by the front door, waiting for him to return. 

A few minutes later, Chanhee returned carrying a small black bag with him. He was smiling widely as he placed the bag on the kitchen counter. 

"This will solve all your problem. Just grab a chair and take a seat, I'll be sure to hide that mark of yours."

Changhyun nodded and grabbed a chair, sitting in front of Chanhee quietly. He watched as Chanhee opened the bag and his eyes widened in surprise when he noticed what was in the bag. 

"Why do you own makeup?" Changhyun asked as Chanhee forced him to tilt his head to the side, exposing the mark even more. 

"Let's just say that it comes in handy sometimes." Chanhee chuckled and started to apply makeup to Changhyun's mark, humming softly. The two of them were quiet until Jonghyun reappeared, holding Hwanhee in his arms. 

"Good morning Chanhee hyung!" Jonghyun smiled as he watched Chanhee cover the mark on Changhyun's neck. 

"Next time you leave a mark, Jonghyun, make sure it's somewhere no one else will see." Chanhee said, slightly scolding the taller adult. Jonghyun chuckled softly, but nodded his head. 

"Chunji!" Hwanhee waved his hands at Chanhee, trying to get the daycare owner's attention. 

"Is that the nickname Bitto gave you?" Changhyun asked as Chanhee placed the finishing touches on the cover up. 

"Yeah, I don't know how he came up with that nickname though. But I like it a lot more than Byunghun's nickname." Chanhee laughed and clapped his hands once his work was done. Changhyun quickly checked his neck in the nearest mirror, a loud sigh of relief escaping his lips. 

"It looks perfect! Thank you so much, hyung!" 

Chanhee just smiled and put the makeup back in the black bag before reaching his arms out to Hwanhee. Jonghyun passed the toddler into Chanhee's arms.

"Hwanhee! You're going to have a super fun day today. Niel is going to come by, which means you'll have another person to play with." 

"Niel is that other employee, right?" Jonghyun asked as he put his coat on. It was almost time for him to leave for work. 

"Yeah, he's on schedule today so I won't be alone with the kids today. I'm also planning on taking them to the park that's close to the daycare center." Chanhee made a silly face at Hwanhee, making the young child laugh. 

"I'm running late. I have another design to send in to headquarters today, so I'm going ahead. I'll see you guys later." Jonghyun kissed Hwanhee's forehead and Changhyun's cheek before running out the door.

"What's Jonghyun's job?" Chanhee asked curiously as he let the toddler pull at his hair. He was already used to this kind of treatment.

"He's into architecture. Whenever a new building goes up in the city, Jonghyun is usually one of the designers for the structure. That's actually how we met." Changhyun said as he finished making Hwanhee's lunch. The young toddler didn't eat much, but Changhyun wanted to give his son a wide variety of food to eat. 

"I'm guessing he designed the building you work in." Chanhee smiled at the young couple's love story. He felt a bit jealous at the fact that they had found each other when they were so young, but he was willing to wait to find the love of his life.

"What about you hyung?" Changhyun washed his hands and glanced over at the daycare owner. 

"Let's just say it's complicated. I have feelings for someone, but this person never seems to understand my advances towards him. I'm just taking it slow for now." 

The two chatted for a few more minutes until it was time for both of them to leave. Chanhee had volunteered to take Hwanhee to the daycare so that Changhyun wouldn't be late to work. 

"What about your nephew? Are you going to pick him up as well?" Changhyun asked as they walked into the elevator. Hwanhee had fallen asleep in Chanhee's arms while waiting for the two adults to finish their small talk. 

"My brother will be dropping Wooshin off later." Chanhee smiled and stepped out of the elevator once it finally reached the garage level. Changhyun kissed Hwanhee's head before bowing slightly towards Chanhee. 

"I leave my son in your care. I'll stop by later to pick him up." Changhyun waved goodbye and started walking in the direction of his parked car. 

It was going to be a long day without his baby.

x

"Kogyeol, leave Niel alone. He's trying to feed Wooshin."

Chanhee sighed as he tried to pull Kogyeol away from Niel, who was just laughing at how cute the young boy was. 

"But I want to play with Niel! He likes Minsoo!" Kogyeol cried as he continued to reach his arms out.

"He likes Bang Minsoo! You're Go Minsoo." 

Niel had started the nickname for Kogyeol because the young child's name reminded him of his boyfriend, Bang Minsoo. No one seemed to mind and in fact, Kogyeol really liked the unique nickname. 

This was a typical day at the daycare. All of the children were playing with each other and the adults had their hands full with trying to make sure everything was going fine. 

"Hyung, have you ever thought about hiring another person?" Niel asked as he started to burp Wooshin, who has just finished one bottle of milk. 

"It hasn't really crossed my mind before, but I'll ask my mother and see what she thinks. There was another family that talked to me the other day and they have a son that they might enroll here." 

"You know, I wonder why we don't have any girls here." 

Chanhee paused for a moment once he heard Niel's statement. His eyes scanned the children and the only thing he could do was laugh. Every child at this daycare was male. 

"Kids, it's time for nap time. Go to your mats and lay down." Chanhee called out, watching as the the children reluctantly pulled themselves away from the toys. He noticed that Xiao was holding Hwanhee's hand, leading him over to the mats that were set up for nap time. The toddlers seemed to get along well. 

"Those two will be best friends." Niel said as he passed Wooshin over to Chanhee. The baby babbled quietly as he reached a hand up to smack his uncle's cheek. 

"Hwanhee adjusted quickly. Its a good thing Xiao is so friendly." 

The children eventually fell asleep after a few minutes because they were so exhausted from playing. Chanhee prepared their lunches so that after the children woke up, they would all go out and eat at the park. The weather was perfect for a walk. 

At least, that's what Chanhee thought. 

The daycare was quiet as the children were asleep. Even Niel was laying besides the children, taking a nap as well. Only Wooshin and Chanhee were left awake. 

Clouds started to quickly gather in the sky, making everything dark and gray. The wind was blowing strongly, creating a very loud noise. Eventually, Jinhoo woke up from his nap because of the disturbance. 

"Hyung, do we still get to go outside today?" Jinhoo asked as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. Chanhee sighed sadly as rain drops began to fall from the clouds above. 

"Sorry kid, I guess we have to go out next time. Let's watch a movie instead once everyone wakes up."

Chanhee stared out of the window, watching as dark clouds appeared in the sky. The rain was becoming heavy and the wind was becoming much stronger. If it were to continue at this pace, then there was a possibility that there would be a power failure at the daycare. 

Chanhee could only hope that the children would remain calm as the storm carried on.

--

Hooray for another update! Minsoo and Byunghun will be appearing in the next chapter and things are about to get interesting!

Sorry for any spelling errors or grammar mistakes! Again, I used my phone to type this chapter. 

Follow me on Twitter @093LINE! 

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!