Chapter 04

Welcome to Angel Care!

“Hyung, the clouds look really scary.” Jinhoo pouted as he stared out of the window. He lay awake after the storm interrupted his precious nap. The other children were still asleep, however it was inevitable that they would wake up soon. 

“The weather report on the news this morning said there would be clear skies all day. I guess they were mistaken.” Niel yawned as he sat up from the mat he was sleeping on. He stretched his arm up and covered Kogyeol with a blanket, knowing that the young one got easily cold. 

“Niel, can you set up the projector and the screen? We can just watch a movie until all the kids come back.” Chanhee smiled down at his nephew who was being carried in his arms. Wooshin was known for being very calm, even in the middle of a storm. Chanhee wasn't quite sure where Wooshin got his calm genes from. 

“Can we watch an action movie? I want to watch a superhero!” Jinhoo asked, grinning at his caretaker who nodded in reply.

“Sure, that's a good idea. Why don't you start eating your lunch now, Jinhoo? I doubt you'll be able to go back to sleep anyway.” Chanhee watched as Jinhoo nodded his head. The young boy then walked over to a small picnic table that was set up in the corner of the room. Chanhee had already prepared everyone’s lunches and they all had a specific place to sit.

“A new family moved into the apartment next to mine. I think Mama and Papa told them about this daycare. They have a four year old! I think their kid is named Yein. That's what I heard from Mama.”Jinhoo struggled wth his chopsticks for a moment before giving up and using his spoon. His daily battle with his Pororo chopsticks had resulted in defeat.

“I’ll help you with your chopsticks next time, Jinhoo.” Chanhee pat Jinhoo’s head gently before setting Wooshin down in his high chair that was next to the five year old’s chair. 

Wooshin clapped his hands and squealed loudly when he realized it was time for his lunch. Chanhee smiled and grabbed the bowl of baby food that was on the table. 

“So what ultra healthy meal is Wooshin having today?” Niel said as he started to eat his own lunch. He passed a piece of his kimbap over to Jinhoo to share.

“My brother mashed up some bananas and apples today. He really wants Wooshin to eat fruits.” Chanhee tasted the baby food and cringed at the bland flavor. Wooshin whined when he noticed he wasn't getting any food, causing both adults to laugh. 

As Chanhee started to feed his nephew, the other children began to wake up. The storm was still raging outside, but Chanhee closed all of the blinds and made sure the lights were all on. The children couldn't tell that there was a storm going on outside.
 
“Okay kids! Everyone as to finish the food they brought today. I’ll cut you some apples for dessert. We can't go outside today, so instead we’re going to watch superhero movies!” The children all rejoiced except for Bitto. The toddler was still a bit dazed after his nap.

Wei poked at his food with his fork before finally taking a bite. Niel was trying to convince Kogyeol to eat the vegetables he hated.

“Please eat your carrots, Kogyeol! Your mom is going to be sad again because you haven't touched your vegetables.” Niel was holding a carrot with a fork and the three year old just sighed and opened his mouth, waiting to be fed. 

Chanhee glanced over at the two youngest children and just chuckled when he saw them. Xiao and Hwanhee were currently sitting next to each other and they were also sharing each other’s food. The two were already inseparable after just a few short hours.

Lunch time went on without much trouble. Luckily, Bitto didn't try to start another food fight and Kogyeol actually ate his carrots. After the children finished eating, they all stood in a line to wash their hands at the sink while Niel and Chanhee put away their plates and lunch boxes.

“What movie to watch?” Xiao asked as he tugged on Jinhoo’s sleeve. The five year old grinned at pointed his fingers out.

“We're gonna watch Spider-Man! And then Superman! And then Batman!” Jinhoo cheered loudly, running over to sit n front of the projector once he was done washing his hands. The other children followed his lead and also took a seat by the screen. 

“I want all of you to be good during the movie. I’ll be making popcorn later for all of us to share.” Niel said as he set up the projector. The children clapped their hands as the screen started to play the beginning of the movie they were looking forward to. 

As the children were watching the movie, Chanhee spent most of his time cleaning up around the daycare. The rain was starting to pour harder, but the children were too distracted by the movie to notice. Chanhee jumped in surprise as a flash of lightning struck and a roll of thunder roared. Suddenly, the screen turned black and all of the lights were off. The children screamed at the sudden darkness that enclosed the daycare. Because of the blinds covering the windows, there was barely any light shining through. 

“Looks like the power went out because of the storm. Niel, there are some flashlights in the storage room. Can you go get them?” Chanhee asked as he took his phone out of his pocket, hoping to use it a a light for the meantime.

“No problem, I'll just be right back.” Niel hurried off to the storage room, leaving the daycare silent except for the sound of occasional thunder.

The children all huddled together on the floor, staring up at Chanhee. They weren't sure what to do in this kind of situation, so they remained quiet. 

Suddenly, the front door of the daycare burst open, revealing two drenched figures. They were both wearing hats with their hoods up, and they seemed unrecognizable. All of the children screamed when they stared at the two figures blocking the door.

“Who are you guys?!” Chanhee yelled, standing in front of the children to protect them. He wasn't able to see their faces because of their hoods. The two just laughed at closed the door behind them before removing their hoods. 

“It’s the Green Goblin!” Bitto yelled as he pointed at one of the figures. He growled out and threw a pillow at one of the figures. All of the children followed his example as well and started to throw their pillows at them. 

“Wait, it's just us!”

The two figures fixed their hair and revealed their faces. The children stopped their attack before finally realizing who the figures were.

“Minsoo hyung! Byunghun hyung!” 
--
An update after nearly 6 months! Or has it already been 7 months? Sorry about the long wait! I've been going through some things and I wasn't able to update my fics for a while. But now I'm back and ready to rolllllll~
Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes! Also, thank you for commenting and subscribing!

Follow me on Twitter @093LINE !