Chapter 01

Welcome to Angel Care!

At the young age of 25, Choi Jonghyun believed that his life was perfect. He had gotten married to the love of his life, Yoo Changhyun, when they were just 23 years old. They were young, but they were surely in love. However, after a year of marriage, they both felt something was missing. In their small apartment, it was strangely quiet, like something was definitely absent. That’s when Changhyun brought up the idea of adopting a child.

Even with all the scientific advances in the world, it would be impossible for Jonghyun and Changhyun to have a child of their own. They spent months discussing with each other and with the adoption agency about how adoption works. Fortunately, just months ago, they had finally adopted a child.

The young boy’s name was Hwanhee and he had just turned two years old. Of course, Jonghyun was incredibly nervous about raising a child, but at the same time, he felt thrilled to hear Hwanhee call him “dada.” Changhyun, on the other hand, was called “papa”.

After the new addition to the family, the young couple made the decision to move to a bigger apartment. Since both Jonghyun and Changhyun worked in the city, they tried their best to find an apartment that would accommodate them in terms of living space and traveling time.

However, there was one important thing that they forgot to make sure of.

“You forgot to check for a daycare?!” Changhyun cried, his eyes widening as he stared at his husband.

Jonghyun laughed nervously, pretending to be preoccupied with the box he was carrying into their new apartment.

The new apartment was spacious for the entire family. There were two rooms and a kitchen that was just the right size. The building that they had moved into was peaceful and quiet.

Hwanhee watched from his crib as his parents continued to carry boxes into the apartment. He babbled quietly to himself, not minding that no one was paying attention to him.

“I forgot! But I’m sure that we’ll be able to find one somewhere close by. Don’t worry.” Jonghyun placed a box down on the kitchen counter before wrapping his arms around Changhyun, trying to calm him down. Changhyun had a tendency to overreact when it came to their son.

“You better find one soon, Choi Jonghyun. We both have work on weekdays.” Changhyun replied, blushing as he felt Jonghyun’s lips against his forehead.

“I’ll start checking later.” Jonghyun smiled and Changhyun swore he felt his insides melting. Jonghyun could be such a heart throb sometimes.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, causing the young couple to pull away from each other. Jonghyun quickly went to check who it was and was surprised when he saw the face of a young man waiting outside their door.

“Who’s that?” Changhyun asked, peeking at the monitor. Jonghyun didn’t reply, but went to go answer the door instead.

As he opened the door, Jonghyun was greeted by a man who was a bit shorter than him. He had light brown hair and a smile they seemed a bit too friendly. Jonghyun could see that the young man was holding a gift bag with him.

“Hello! Welcome to the neighbourhood! I’m Lee Chanhee and I live next door.”

Jonghyun let out a sigh of relief when he realized it was just the neighbour. He smiled in return and invited Chanhee into the somewhat messy apartment.

“I’m Choi Jonghyun and this is my husband, Yoo Changhyun.” Jonghyun watched carefully for any reaction from Chanhee when introducing him to Changhyun. He wanted to make sure their neighbour was okay with their relationship.

“Hello! I’m Lee Chanhee.” Chanhee bowed as he met Changhyun and his smile never faltered.

“Ah, nice to meet you! You’re the first one to greet us.” Changhyun smiled and bowed in return before going over to the crib to pick up Hwanhee.

“This is Hwanhee, our son. He turned two a few months ago.”

Hwanhee stared at Chanhee, who was still smiling. The toddler quickly tried to hide his face from the new stranger, whining softly.

“He seems to be a bit shy.” Chanhee chuckled and held up the gift bag in his hands.

“Here’s my welcoming present! You guys just moved here today, so I’m guessing you don’t have any food in the fridge yet.”

As Chanhee gave the bag over to Jonghyun, he couldn’t help but notice how happy the young man was. He was probably hungry after moving boxes all day.

“You’re a lifesaver! Thank you so much.” Jonghyun took the bag into the kitchen and started taking out the food, placing them in the fridge.

Chanhee smiled and turned his attention back to the toddler in Changhyun’s arms. He tried making several silly faces in order for Hwanhee to smile. Unfortunately, the boy never reacted.

“That’s strange. When I make these faces to the other kids at the daycare, they usually love it.” Chanhee mumbled, causing Changhyun to gasp.

“Did you say daycare?!” Changhyun asked, leaning in closer towards Chanhee.

“Yeah. My mother owns a daycare, but she retired last month. I’m the one taking care of it right now. It’s not a popular daycare though, because many of the kids these days go to daycare that seems like a prep school. I just try to make the kids happy.” Chanhee shrugged, pinching one of Hwanhee’s cheeks.

“How many kids are currently enrolled in your daycare?”

“I have six kids, right now. Our youngest is six months, but our oldest is about five years old. They’re a handful, but they’re all amazing kids.” Chanhee smiled as he started talking about the children in his daycare. They were his weakness. He treated them as if they were his own.

“Is there any special process for you to accept a child?” Jonghyun asked as he walked over to Changhyun, taking Hwanhee from his arms.

“No. Just fill out a few forms and then you’re good to go! You can always visit whenever you want.” Chanhee said, taking his phone out of his pocket. He searched through a few pictures before showing the young couple a photo of his daycare.

It was a small building that would probably be overlooked on a regular day. However, in the windows, there were many paintings for the world to see. It was obvious that these were done by children. The building was painted a bright yellow color and the room was sky blue. It was very cute, in Changhyun’s opinion.

“Since we’re new here, we’ve been looking for a daycare suitable for Hwanhee. We both have jobs that require us to be in the city in the mornings.” Changhyun mumbled, staring at Hwanhee for a moment.

“Well, you’re in luck. It’s a good thing I came over to greet you today.” Chanhee grinned, placing his phone back in his pocket.

“What’s the name of your daycare? We’ll check it out.” Jonghyun replied. Even though he had just met Chanhee minutes ago, he could already tell that the young man was trustworthy. There was something about him that reminded him of a sunbae he used to know during high school.

“It’s called Angel Care.”

--

And the first chapter is done! I hope that you guys like this one. Sorry for any grammar mistakes or misspellings!~

I’ll be focusing on ChangRick as the main couple, for now. And also expect cameos of UP10TION members, both as children and adults! I’m honestly not sure why I chose Hwanhee to be ChangRick’s son. He’ll be more important soon!

This story will be mainly into cute and family fun. I am still working on both Ephemeral and Insurrection, but I wanted to write another story that was mainly just fluff.

Thanks for reading!