One

Hyung has a Secret

My mind flew from what he was saying and started focusing on his delicate features. His eyes were like the twinkling stars filled with mystery. As if they hold a million stories of unknown feelings. His luscious lips shaped like a heart complimented his flawless porcelain skin making him look like a doll. While his thick brows added a soft appearance to his already angelic face.

He's so beautiful. Like an angel that was banished from heaven for being too cute.

"Jonghyun."

"Jonghyun."

"Jonghyun!" He semi shouted and I snapped out from my trance.

"Ya! Were you even listening to me?" He pouted. I blushed and scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah hyung. I'm so sorry." He clicked his tongue and flashed a toothy smile.

"Its alright. And I think I shouted really loud considering all of these people looking at us right now."

I looked around and saw the students near our table throw some annoyed and puzzled looks.

"Is there something bothering you?" He asked.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"I'm not an idiot Jonghyun. It must so important that it pulled you away from studying a test you are so desperate to pass." He teased.

"You know I really hate math hyung."

He laughed and closed the book we, more like he was studying.

"You need to do this. And I won't get any pay from your parents if you don't pass. So take this seriously."

Changhyun is my senior and my one true love who my parents hired to teach me math. He's really good at logical subjects like what he's teaching me right now as well as science. He's also a university scholar and a student assistant. He's really industrious and hard working and that's only two of his great characteristics.

At first, I was really annoyed when my folks decided to get me a tutor. But when I knew it was my beloved tiny senior, I couldn't thank them even more. I jumped in joy thinking that I would be able to spend more time with him. I only see him in our English class which was the only subject that's congruent to our schedules.

"Alright hyung. But i'm only doing one last problem."

"Aish, this brat. You're lucky you passed that last exam so I will let you slide this time."

He opened the book once again and started babbling about numbers and I luckily was able to focus on this time.

 

-----

 

My phone rang when hyung was checking my work. I excused myself which he immediately understood .

"Hey."

"Hello there birthday boy. Ready to celebrate the first day of being legal?" Cap hyung excitedly chimed.

"I'm actually more nervous than excited since i'm going out with you." "Oh you're going to love it. It will relieve all those ual frustrations you're feeling with changhyun." He laughed.

"S-shut up. I'll just meet you guys later. I'm studying."

"Studying my ." He dropped the call.

I went back to Changhyun hyung and was welcomed by his comforting smile.

"You've done well this time student Choi Jonghyun." He ruffled my hair and blushed crimson red.

"S- stop it hyung. I'm not a kid anymore." I avoided his stares.

"So cute. By the way, happy birthday! You thought I forgot right? And I got you a cake!" He pulled out a small cupcake with a big candle. The candle was bigger than the tasty pastry.

I couldn't help but smile feeling happy that he remembered.

"Now make a wish before you blow it!" He excitedly said.

"But there's nothing to blow. Its not even lighted."

"Lighters aren't allowed inside the library, so just imagine one." I laughed and blew the candle.

He clapped like a seal and smiled like he was the birthday boy. I feel so happy. Seeing him smile is the best birthday gift in the whole world and there's nothing more that I could wish for. Except for dating him perhaps. I felt blood rush up my face.

"Thank you hyung."

"That's nothing. What was your wish?"

"Its a secret." "Ya, tell hyung!" He pushed. I shook my head as I melted seeing him pout.

"You're so unfair."

I was about to say something when his phone rang.

"Its just my alarm but I have to go now."

I dropped from cloud nine back to earth hearing that he already needs to leave.

"Study hard alright? And happy 18th birthday." He ruffled my hair once again and disappeared through the rows of compact book shelves.

I picked up his little cake and removed the huge candle before eating it. 

My only wish is to know him better.

I stood up and exited the library feeling elated and grateful.

 

 

-------

*hides behind a tree*