Chapter 4

Second Chance

The next day, Taemin waited by the gate for Key and Minho. 

Key came first. "Taemin..."

Taemin frowned. "What's wrong?" 

"I don't know. Mr. Kim was helping me but I kept blushing and my heart was racing." 

Taemin smiled. "You like him!" He giggled. "You have a crush on Mr. Kim! You have a crush on Mr. Kim!" He sang. 

Key blushed. "I do not..."

"You so do! That's how I felt when I dated M...uh...my ex-boyfriend. You like him!" Taemin smiled. 

Key blushed harder. "He's a teacher..."

"I know. I'm sorry..." Taemin frowned. "That's tough love." 

Key sighed. A car pulled up and Minho’s mom helped him out of the car. 

 

"Oh hello Taemin." She smiled. 

Taemin smiled weakly at her. "Hi Mrs. Choi." 

"I didn't know you went here. I'm glad Minho won't be alone now. He's been so depressed since his injury. You always made him smile."

 

Taemin nodded. "We have all our classes together. I'm his helper. Well...we have to get to class now...bye..." 

"Of course. You boys have a good day." 

Taemin took Minho into the school. He was quiet as Key walked next to them. 

Minho was really quiet as well. They took their seats in class. 

"Okay class. I'm going to teach you simple sentences in English. Mr. Choi, you lived in England for two years. Can you please translate the sentence in your book?" Jonghyun asked. 

"Hello, how are you?" Minho read. 

"Very good! Now, my star pupil, Mr. Lee. Can you translate the next sentence?" Jonghyun asked. 

 

"I am good, how are you?" Taemin translated perfectly. 

Minho looked over at him. 

Taemin didn't look at him. 

 

Jonghyun smiled and continued teaching the class. 

Minho fell asleep in the middle of class. The medications he was on made him drowsy.  

Taemin frowned and shook him gently. "Wake up." 

Minho woke up confused.  

Taemin frowned. "You're in class, dummy. Don't fall asleep." 

Minho frowned. "S-Sorry..."

Taemin sighed. "You may be fluent in English but you still have to pay attention." 

Minho struggled to stay awake. 

Taemin sighed. "Mr. Kim. I'm taking Minho to the nurses' office." He got up and took Minho to the nurse. He had Minho lay down in one of the beds. "Sleep here." 

Minho nodded and fell asleep. 

Taemin sighed and watched him sleep. He still had feelings for Minho, but he still was mad at him for what he did. He looked at Minho. 'He hasn't changed. He's still muscular and handsome...' Taemin blushed. 'No! Don't think that! I can't forgive him or like him anymore! He hurt me!' He shook his head. 

"Why don't you go back to class." The nurse said. 

Taemin sighed. "I'm supposed to help him around." 

"I'll call for you when he wakes up."

Taemin nodded. "Okay." He got up and went back to class. 

Key was trying to read a sentence but was failing at it. 

Taemin sat down and helped him. 

Key was embarrassed and getting upset he couldn't get the word right.   

"It's okay, Key. It took me a while to understand English too. It's hard." Taemin said. 

"I'll never get it!"

"Well, at least you can get Mr. Kim to tutor you." Taemin smirked. 

Key blushed. 

Taemin giggled. "You do like him." 

 

"Like who?" Jonghyun asked, standing in front of Key. He smiled at him. "Are you doing okay?" 

Key blushed harder shaking his head. 

Jonghyun smiled. "Okay. What do you need help with?" He sat down on his knees and moved closer to Key. 

 

Taemin smirked at Key. 

"I can't translate this sentence. I don't understand it." 

 

Jonghyun smiled and explained the easiest way to translate. Once Key understood, he smiled. "Don't worry. English is the hardest language to learn." He ruffled Key's hair. 

Key blushed. "Can I stay after again today for tutoring?"

"Of course." Jonghyun smiled. 

Key smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem." Jonghyun got up and left. 

 

Taemin continued to smirk at Key. "You have a date with Mr. Kim." 

"Shut up, Taemin."

Key blushed. 

 

Taemin giggled. "Okay. It's fun to see you blush." 

Key blushed harder. 

 

The bell ring. 

 

"Oh, let's go to lunch." Taemin said. 

Key nodded. "Okay."

They went to the cafeteria. Taemin got two trays of food. "I'm going to go check on Minho. I need to make sure he eats too." 

Key nodded. He didn't get any food. He only had enough to get Hana food and even then it wasn't much. 

 

Taemin frowned. "You need to eat." 

"I'm fine." Key said. "Go check on your friend." 

Taemin frowned. He gave him his mashed potatoes again. "Eat this. Don't waste it or I'll be sad." 

"Okay," Key said. 

 

"Oh, and Minho's not my friend. I was told to help him." Taemin said before he left. He didn't want to see Minho, but he still needed to care for him. He shook Minho gently. "Wake up, Minho." 

Minho groaned and woke up. 

"I bought you lunch." Taemin said. 

Minho smiled weakly. The pain meds were wearing off. 

 

Taemin looked at him. "Are you in pain?" 

"A little." Minho said. 

"Did you bring your pain pills with you?" Taemin asked. 

Minho nodded. 

Taemin went through Minho bag and took out his meds. He opened up the juice he got from the cafeteria and have him the pills. 

Minho took them. 

"Now eat." Taemin said as he set the tray on his table next to him. "Do I need to fed you?" 

Minho shook his head and ate slowly. 

Taemin ate as well. "Minho...how did you get hurt?" 

 

"During a game...." Minho frowned.

"Are you able to play again?" Taemin asked. 

Minho shrugged. "I'm still getting all the tests done... I have three more surgeries as well."

"Why didn't you stay in England? Why did you come back here?" Taemin asked. 

"To have my surgeries. My mom wanted me to be home...." Minho said.  

 

"Oh..." Taemin looked at his hands. 

Minho looks at his hands. "I know you hate me. I'm really sorry." 

Taemin sighed. "How are you sorry? You hurt me. I wouldn't eat for weeks. Why did you want to break up? Were you tired of me? Was I annoying?" 

Minho looked at his hands. "I'm sorry."

"So that's it? You didn't like me anymore." Taemin stood up. "I'm going to class. I don't want to be late." He turned and headed out. 

"Taemin wait!"

Taemin stopped. "What?" He didn't look at Minho. He didn't want him to see him starting to cry. 

"I still love you."

Taemin shook his head. "If you did, you would have never given up on our relationship. You gave up so easily. It was so hard for me to get back onto my feet. I met Key and he helped me. He doesn't know about you. I refused to tell him. I refused to ever talk about you. It hurt so much. I don't love you anymore and I never will again." He lied. He still loved Minho. He wanted to run into his arms and cling to him, but he was afraid and angry. 

Minho looked at his hands. "I'm so sorry...."

Taemin shook his head. "Sorry won't work..." 

Minho sighed. 

"You didn't even run after me. You just left, not letting me get a proper goodbye." 

"You didn't want me to."

"I did I just never said it!" Taemin said, looking at him, tears falling down his cheeks. "I just thought you would..." 

"Taemin..." 

Taemin looked away, embarrassed that Minho had seen him crying. "I need to go to class. Have the nurse call me if you need anything..." 

"I'm really sorry."

"Stop saying that!" Taemin yelled. "I won't forgive you!" He ran out and ran into the boy’s bathroom. He sat in a stall and curled up, crying. 'Why does it hurt so much to see you?! Why can't I just forget you?!'