chapter 10

Second Chance

Taemin woke up the next day and got ready for school. He waited by the gate like always. He yawned. 

 

Key showed up smiling happily. "Hi Taemin!"

 

Taemin smiled. "Hey. You're really happy today. What happened between you and Mr. Kim?" He asked with a smirk. 

 

 

 

Key blushed. "It's a secret."

 

Taemin pouted. "What? But I tell you everything...why is it a secret?" 

 

"Jonghyun said I couldn't tell or he could get in trouble."

 

"So you two are dating then? You can trust me." Taemin frowned. 

 

Key nodded. "Yeah! We had too!"

 

 

 

Taemin smiled. "Isn't it amazing?! I want to do it more...but Minho needs to heal. I can't ask him anymore." 

 

Key nodded. "I love him so much."

 

Taemin smiled. "I'm glad. I love Minho too. He makes me so happy!" 

 

"Taemin... Can I hang out with you after school?"

 

"Sure." Taemin said. 

 

Key smiled. Minho showed up. They went to class. 

 

 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "Okay, class. We're going to work on our projects the whole class time. Use your time wisely." 

 

 

 

The students got with their partners. Taemin smiled. "We're almost done with ours." 

 

Minho nodded. 

 

Taemin smiled. "Should we call each other yobo now?" 

 

Minho smiled. "Okay!"

 

Taemin giggled. "Yay!" 

 

Key sat next to Jonghyun as they worked on the project. Jonghyun noticed he had a lot of mistakes. 

 

Jonghyun frowned. "Key, are you still confused on this project?" 

 

"I don't know." Key frowned. "I think I have it..."

 

Jonghyun explained what he did wrong, then explained and helped him to understand better. 

 

Key was getting upset. He was so overwhelmed. "I'm never going to understand..."

 

 

 

"You will." Jonghyun said. "You just need more practice." 

 

Key sighed. "I have to if I want to graduate."

 

Jonghyun smiled. "I'll help you at home." 

 

Key nodded. "Thank you."

 

"Anything for you." Jonghyun smiled. He continued to help Key. 

 

Key started to understand. 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "See? Now you're getting it." 

 

Key smiled. "Yay!"

 

Jonghyun chuckled. He wanted to kiss Key, but he knew he couldn't. 

 

 

 

Soon class ended. Jonghyun waited for all the students to leave before he hugged Key. "You're so cute." He kissed his cheek and smiled. "Have fun in your other classes." 

 

"Okay, Bye Jonghyun." Key blushed. "Can I come in during lunch?"

 

"Of course." Jonghyun smiled. 

 

Key smiled. He went to his next class. 

 

Jonghyun smiled and waited for lunch. 

 

 

At lunch Key came in. "Jonghyun!" 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "Hey." He pulled a chair next to him. "How was your other classes?" 

 

"It was really good!" Key smiled. 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "That's good." 

 

Key smiled. He kissed him. 

 

Jonghyun kissed back. "I love you, cutie." 

 

"I love you too!" Key giggled.

 

Jonghyun smiled and fed him. 

 

Key ate happily. 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "You're so cute. Okay, so I think I found a way for you to get better at your English. If you want me to make you feel good, you have to speak in English. You must ask, moan in English and so on. I'll make you feel good every time you say something correctly. Maybe that can help...if it's not too weird..." 

 

Key blushed. "O-Okay...."

 

Jonghyun smiled. "Good. We can try that tonight." 

 

"O-Okay...." Key blushed. 

 

Jonghyun chuckled and kissed his cheek again. 

 

Key kissed his cheek. 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "I love you so much, Key. You make me so happy." 

 

"I love you too!"

 

Jonghyun smiled. The bell rang. "It's time for you next class." 

 

"Okay, Bye Jonghyun."

 

Jonghyun smiled and kissed him. "Bye. See you after school." 

 

"See you after school!" Key smiled as he left. 

 

Jonghyun smiled. 

 

 

 

Taemin went to the dance room to see if he made the team during lunch. He smiled and met up with Minho at their table. "I made the team!" 

 

"Awesome. I knew you would!" 

 

 

 

Taemin giggled happily. "I'm so excited!" 

 

Minho kissed him. "You're going to be the best one ever!"

 

Taemin kissed back. "Thank you!" He frowned. "I hope you get better." 

 

"It's okay. I'll cheer you on." Minho said. 

 

Taemin sighed. "Okay..." 

 

Minho kissed his cheek. "Let's go out to celebrate after school!"

 

Taemin smiled. "Okay, but Key wanted to hang out today, so he'll have to join us." 

 

"Okay! I'm sure he'll want to celebrate after school." 

 

 

 

Taemin nodded. He smiled at Minho. "You're the perfect boyfriend. I can't believe I let you go so easily." 

 

 "No I shouldn't have let you go. You're the perfect Yobo."

 

 

 

Taemin smiled, then looked at his hands. "You had too. You cared so much about me...that you didn't want to hurt me. I was being selfish back then. I shouldn't have gotten so angry. I should have known you loved me. It would have been hard to contact you and I would be so depressed, waiting for a call by you." 

 

Minho hugged him. "That'll never happen again."

 

Taemin smiled and hugged back. "I hope not." 

 

Minho nodded. "Let's go to class."

 

Taemin nodded and they went to class. 

 

 

 

After school, they met up with Key. "I made the dance team!" 

 

Key smiled. "Awesome!" 

 

"Yeah, Minho wants to celebrate it. Should we all get ice cream?" Taemin smiled. 

 

"Okay, I'm going to tell Jonghyun!" Key said. 

 

Taemin nodded. "Okay." 

 

"I'll meet you by the gate." Key said and went to Jonghyun's classroom. 

 

 

 

Jonghyun smiled at him. "Hey." 

 

"Hey, I'm going to go out with Taemin. I can take Hana with me if you want." Key said. 

 

"No, I can watch her today. Go have fun with your friend." Jonghyun smiled. 

 

"Okay! Thank you!" Key smiled and hugged him. He ran out and to the gate. "Let's go!"

 

Taemin nodded and they went to an ice cream shop. 

 

 

 

They sat down and ate their ice creams. Taemin fed Minho his. 

 

Key smiled and ate his. 

 

Taemin finished feeding Minho's and ate his. He got ice cream on his nose. 

 

Minho chuckled. "You're so cute!"

 

Taemin frowned. "How? I'm just eating ice cream?" He didn't realize he had some on his nose. 

 

Minho his nose. 

 

Taemin's face turned completely red. "Y-yah!" 

 

Minho chuckled. 

 

Taemin pouted. 

 

Minho kissed him. "I love you."

 

Taemin kissed back. "I love you too!" 

 

Key was quietly eating his Ice-cream. He was thinking about what he was going to tell Taemin. He knew he had to tell him everything. He had been keeping it a secret for so long. 

 

 

 

Taemin noticed something was bothering Key. He frowned. 

 

They finished their Ice-cream. 

 

 

 

Taemin looked at Key. "Is something bothering you?" 

 

"N-No," Key said. "Is Minho going to join us at your house?"

 

 

 

Taemin looked at Minho. "Yobo, would you mind if we hung at my house alone?" 

 

"Of course not." Minho said. "I'm going to go home and rest." 

 

Taemin nodded. "I'll walk you home." They took Minho home. Taemin kissed him goodbye then they went to Taemin's place. They went upstairs to his room. Taemin looked at him. "What's wrong?" 

 

Key looked at his hands. "I-I... I've been keeping a secret from you..."

 

Taemin frowned. "What secret?" 

 

Key told him all about his uncle leaving and him struggling to take care of them both. 

 

Taemin frowned. "Key! Why didn't you tell me this before?! I could have helped you!" 

 

"I couldn't risk losing Hana. But now Jonghyun is taking care of us. He promised he'll take care of us."

 

"You don't trust me?" Taemin frowned. 

 

"I was scared you would tell your mom...."

 

 

 

"I would...but she would have let you stay with us. Key, you're my friend and you know I'd never let you and Hana separate." Taemin said. 

 

"I was just so scared. He left before I met you and when I met you. When I knew I could trust you it had already been so long and I thought your mom couldn't get involved...."

 

 

 

Taemin sighed. "As long as you're okay now." 

 

Key looked at his hands. 

 

"You're okay now, right?" Taemin asked. 

 

Key nodded. "Yes, we are."

 

"Okay." Taemin said. 

 

"I'm sorry..." Key frowned. 

 

"It's okay." Taemin said. 

 

Taemin's mom knocked on the door. "Dinner."

 

 

 

"Okay!" Taemin said. He led Key downstairs and they ate. Taemin smiled. "Umma, I made the school's dance team!"

 

 

 

"That's awesome!" She smiled as they ate. "Key are you sleeping over?" 

 

Taemin looked at him. "Do you want too?" 

 

"Sure." Key said. 

 

 

 

"Where's Hana?" Mrs. Lee asked. 

 

 

 

"We're staying with a friend of my uncles while he's away with work. Mr. Kim is watching her today."

 

Taemin smiled. "Let's go up to my room." 

 

"Okay but I have to ask Mr. Kim first." Key said. "Can I use your phone?"

 

 

 

Taemin nodded and gave him his phone. 

 

Key called Jonghyun. 

 

Jonghyun answered. "Hello?" 

 

"Hey Jonghyun, I wanted to know if I could sleep over at Taemin's tonight. Tomorrow is our day off."

 

 

 

"Sure. I'm glad you're hanging out with him. Just call me in the morning, okay? I love you." 

 

Key blushed. "Okay, love you too."

 

"Sweet dreams." Jonghyun said and hung up. 

 

Key smiled. He gave Taemin his phone back. 

 

 

 

Taemin smiled and they went back to his room. 

 

Key was smiling to himself. 

 

Taemin smirked. "Did Mr. Kim say something to you?" 

 

"He said 'I love you!'. He's so sweet and good to me!"

 

 

 

Taemin smiled. "I'm glad. But, don't you feel weird, dating our teacher?" 

 

Key shrugged. "Not really..."

 

"As long as you love each other." Taemin smiled. "I'm glad Minho came back. I love him so much and he makes me so happy." 

 

"I'm glad. We both deserve to be happy!" Key smiled. 

 

Taemin nodded. "Yeah!" 

 

Key smiled. "Let play video games!"

 

Taemin smiled. "Okay! But I must warn you, I always win!" 

 

"Because you cheat!" Key teased. 

 

Taemin frowned. "I do not!" 

 

"Yes you do!" Key said. 

 

Taemin frowned. "No! I'm just better than you at the game!" He stuck his tongue out. 

 

Key tackled him. "No you're not."

 

 

 

Taemin giggled. "Yes I am!" He wrestled with Key. 

 

They wrestled, laughing. 

 

 

 

Taemin giggled. "Okay! Okay! You win! Get off of me!" 

 

Key got off of him. "Of course I won!"

 

Taemin pouted. "Whatever. Let's just get to the game." 

 

Key nodded and they started playing. 

 

Taemin won the game twice. He smiled and stuck his tongue out at Key. 

 

Key pouted. 

 

Taemin smiled. "See? I am better at the game." 

 

"Rematch!" Key said. 

 

"I beat you twice already!" Taemin smiled. 

 

"I'll beat you this time!"

 

Taemin giggled and they played again. Taemin still won. 

 

Key frowned. 

 

Taemin giggled. "I win again!" 

 

Key pouted. "It's not fair. Why can't I win?" 

 

Taemin giggled. "I learned a few tricks from Minho." 

 

Key pouted. "It's getting late."

 

Taemin nodded. "Let's go to sleep." 

 

"Okay." Key said. 

 

Taemin got ready for bed and laid down in his bed. Key and him shared his bed. "Night." 

 

Key laid down. "Night."

 

Taemin fell asleep. 

 

Key struggled to fall asleep. He soon fell asleep. 

 

 

 

Hana was play on the floor while Jonghyun was grading papers. 

 

 Jonghyun smiled at her. "You're such a good girl." 

 

Hana smiled. Jonghyun went back to grading. When he looked up again he noticed she wasn't there anymore. 

 

 

 

Jonghyun frowned. "Hana! Where did you here?" 

 

He heard giggling from the kitchen. 

 

Jonghyun frowned and went to the kitchen. "Agi, it's not safe to play in the kitchen." 

 

Hana had gotten into the freezer and pulled out the Ice-cream. She was eating it with her hands and had gotten it all over her. 

 

Jonghyun chuckled. "Agi!" He picked her up and kissed her cheek. "You little trouble maker. Now you need a bath." 

 

Hana giggled. "Yummy!" 

 

Jonghyun put the ice cream back and took Hana to the bathroom. He sat her in the bath and washed her. 

 

Hana played with the bubbles giggling. 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "Agi, do you know how to count?" 

 

"One, two, tree!" Hana giggled. 

 

"That's good. Can you count to ten?" Jonghyun asked. 

 

Two, one, eat, four, sick, tree, ten!"

 

Jonghyun chuckled. "Close." He took her hands and counted them for her slowly. He counted them three times. "Now you try." 

 

One, two, tree, four, sick, ate, Ten!"

 

"Close." Jonghyun counted again, this time going slower. 

 

One, two, tree, four, fi, sick, sefin, ate, nin, ten!"

 

"Good job!" Jonghyun smiled. 

 

Hana splashed around happily. 

 

 

 

Jonghyun smiled. Once he finished cleaning her, he tucked her in and read her a story. 

 

"Oppa?"

 

"Oppa went to a friend's house. He'll be back tomorrow." Jonghyun said. 

 

Hana pouted. 

 

 

 

"It's time for bed, agi. Night." Jonghyun tucked her in and kissed her forehead. 

 

Hana soon fell asleep. 

 

Jonghyun laid down and fell asleep. 

 

 

 

 

Key woke up screaming. 

 

Taemin woke up and frowned. "Key? Are you okay?" 

 

Key started crying. "I need Hana." 

 

Taemin frowned. "Did you have a nightmare?" He pulled Key into his arms and hugged him. "You're at my house..." 

 

"I need Hana.... I've never been away from her!" Key cried. 

 

Taemin frowned. "Okay..." He woke up his mom and they took Key home. 

 

 

 

Jonghyun frowned as he opened the door. "Key? What's wrong?" 

 

Key was quiet. He looked at his hands. 

 

"Thank you for taking him home." Jonghyun said and closed the door. He led Key to the living room. "What's wrong? Why are you home so early?" 

 

"I got scared.... I've never been away from Hana...."

 

Jonghyun frowned. "I'm sorry. She's asleep right now." 

 

"Can I see her?" Key asked. 

 

Jonghyun nodded. "Don't wake her up though." 

 

Key went to her room. 

 

Jonghyun followed. 

 

Key hugged him. "I'm sorry for making you get up."

 

"No, it's okay." Jonghyun said. 

 

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

 

"Of course." Jonghyun said, leading him to his bedroom and laid down with him. 

 

Key curled up to him and fell back to sleep quickly. 

 

Jonghyun held him close and fell asleep.