Chapter 3

Second Chance

Taemin heart ached. He looked down at his notes. 'No... he can't be here! Why is he here?!' 

 The guidance counselor parked Minho next to Taemin. "He's going to need help getting from class to class. He has the same schedule as you Taemin so I hope you'll help him out." 

 

Taemin nodded slowly. "Yes Mr. Lee...." He didn't like the idea, but he couldn't say no to his counselor. 

 

"Thank you Taemin." Mr. lee smiled. 

 

Taemin didn't look at Minho the rest of the class period. He refused to. So many emotions were going through him. Anger, hatred, sadness, and more. 

Minho was quiet. At the end of class, he looked at Taemin. "Hey Taemin."

Taemin got up and gathered his stuff. "Don't talk to me. I'm just helping you get to your classes. I'm not your friend." He looked at Key. "I'll see you tomorrow?" 

"Bye." Key said. He got all his stuff and left. 

 

Minho gathered his stuff. "I'm sorry Taemin."

"Didn't I tell you to not talk to me?" Taemin said harshly. 

Minho frowned. He was quiet. 

Taemin took him to their next class. He had Minho sit next to him again. 

"You look great." Minho said. 

Taemin glared at him. "Do you not understand Korean anymore?" 

Minho frowned. "I'm sorry..." 

"I won't forgive you. You really hurt me, Minho." Taemin said. "I know I didn't mean anything to you, so just drop it." 

"You meant everything to me."

"Did I? Then why did you break up with me? Because it would have been too hard? Was our relationship not that important to where you would fight for it? I guess not." Taemin said. 

"Taemin...." Minho frowned. 

"Just stop talking. I'm trying to pay attention to the lesson." Taemin said. 

Minho frowned. He looked at his hands. 

Taemin continued taking notes. 

 

After the school day ended, Taemin led Minho to the gate. "Where do you live?" 

"My mom is picking me up." Minho said. 

"Okay. Bye." Taemin started to walk off. 

"Bye.” Minho sighed. 

Taemin went back to his house. He stormed in. 

 

His mother frowned. "What's wrong, agi?" 

 

"Nothing. I'm going to study." Taemin stormed upstairs to his room. He threw his bag and flopped onto his bed. 'I meant everything to him?! Yeah right! He's so sorry! Ugh! Why do I have to help him?!' He did his homework and went to bed early, without eating. 

 

Key picked up Hana and took her to Mr. Kim's classroom. "Mr. Kim? Can I talk with you?"

Mr. Kim smiled. "Of course and Key. You can call me Jonghyun. I'm the cool teacher, remember? Everyone else calls me Jonghyun except you and Taemin." 

"I was wondering if you would tutor me?" Key asked. "I really need to pass this class." 

"Of course. What are you having trouble with?" Jonghyun pulled a chair over to his desk and signaled Key to sit next to him. 

Key sat Hana down in the floor and sat down. "I'm not good at pronunciation."

"Okay. I'll help you. A...pp...l" Jonghyun said, pointing to the word, Apple. 

"A..pu...

"No no, A...pp..lll. There's an L not U." Jonghyun said. 

A...pp..lu?"

"Close, but no u. Try again but don't say the u." 

"Apple"

"Perfect! See? I knew you could do it!" Jonghyun smiled and patted his back. 

Key blushed. He got a weird feeling. "T-Thanks."

"Okay, next word. Air....pl...ane..." 

"Air-pain..."

"Close. Air...plllane. There's an L." 

"Air-plane."

"Good job!" Jonghyun ruffled Key's hair. "You're getting it!" 

Key felt his heart start rushing. "Y-You're a good teacher."

"Thank you." Jonghyun smiled at him. 

Key blushed. "I need to go. I have to get Hana home."

Jonghyun nodded. "Is she your little sister?" 

Key nodded. "Yes," 

"You're a good big brother. See you tomorrow in class." Jonghyun smiled. "You're very strong for what you had to go through. You're still so young." 

"See you tomorrow, Mr. Kim." Key smiled weakly. He didn't like to remember. He picked Hana up and left. 

Jonghyun sighed. He felt sorry for Key.