Friendship

Soulmate

Sorry that it took me so long to upload this chapter, school is killing me. >.<

Opps I lied, this part was longer than I expected so new seventeen character would be in the next chapter sorry :P

 

 

 

 

Two years later~~~~~~

“Danbi!!! there’s a new patient coming in” Jeonghan hang up the phone and go to alert other nurses that are needed for the case. “He will need room 20” Jeonghan rush past Danbi to around the small hallway with two other nurses follow behind him, clearing the way to the emergency room.

“I’m on it” Danbi put down the chair that she carrying at the desk before quickly pick up some cleaning equipment to clean room 20 since the patient just left half an hour ago. Danbi is glad that the room is not too dirty, she sanitize the counter tops and wipes down everything. Danbi replace the dirty sheets with the fresh and warm ones that she just grab from the laundry. Voices can be heard down the hall, Danbi put her equipment back into the janitor closet.

Danbi hear the siren from afar and wash her hands thoroughly, running to the emergency door to help out. Jeonghan, Amber and Jiyeon are standing by the door waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Danbi get to help with physical and small matters here and there since she does not have any license or any education about the medical field.

“Male patient, around 35, involved a in car crash. The trunk driver that also involved is fine” Danbi hears some info from Jiyeon as she whisper to Jeonghan, Jeonghan is seriously listening to her with a thinking face. Only this time when you can see a serious Jeonghan. Danbi pull up her sleeves, ready to help with the physical work that may require. The ambulance sound is right around the corner now, it pulls up right next to them and the back door open revealing a bloody patient. Danbi help pushing the patient’s bed to the surgery room, she couldn’t stay so she have to leave the room. As soon as Danbi the door open a lady grab her arms, kneeling and crying on the floor.

“Please save him, he’s my soul mate. Please I can’t live without I will pay anything I will do anything” a older lady, crying and begging Danbi. Danbi know that the lady did not know that Danbi is not even part of the surgery team. She feel sad for not being much help.

“Madam Dr. Choi will try his best to save your husband. He’s the best doctor in town, please calm down” Danbi try to help her up, she can feel the lady shaking as she cry even harder. Danbi sit her down on the blue bench and pat her back, hoping that will calm her down even just a little. It must be tough for her to see her soulmate in pain. For the past two years, Danbi seen many soul mates coming in and out of the hospital together and sometimes one soul mate have to walk out without their other half. Danbi pray that the ahjussi will fight through this one.

“Danbi, you’re needed in the cafeteria” Amber calls, rushing to the blood room. They probably need more blood, the lady is now sniffling, but a lot calmer than earlier. Danbi notice that the lady is the only person here, no other family members are around. Maybe they will arrive soon, Danbi mind recall that she have to go to the cafeteria.

Danbi had to pull away from the lady, she still have a job to do or else she will get in trouble again. “It’s okay, he will be fine. It will hurt him to see you crying” Danbi pat her hands before walking to the cafeteria, half jogging to the trouble that awaits for her. The moment Danbi walk through the glass doors, she see the mess on the floor and next to it is none other than Jun and Minghao smiling at each other.

“Jun, it’s you again? Seriously” Danbi sigh at him, surprisingly he shake his head and point at Minghao. Danbi stare at Minghao, he point back at Jun. These kids, only know how to make Danbi’s life harder. They both have to break something a day to live or something. The broken vase mixed with cafeteria food on the floor, last time they broke the restroom sink, somehow they smashed it into small pieces and Danbi never found the weapon that they smashed the sink with.  

“Alright, I don’t care who did it. Step away so you don’t get hurt” Danbi give up on trying to interrogate them because they will never confess anything, Minghao always listen to Jun and his leadership. Danbi go to the custodian room to grab the equipment to clean up the mess. Jun and Minghao sit on the chairs as they watch her clean. Danbi feel their stares and occasionally they would laugh at her and talk in Chinese.

“What? Haven’t seen a person cleaning before? I always clean after your mess everyday” Danbi couldn't focus on cleaning with the two brats watching her like a hawk. Minghao was a good kid until Jun came along with all the pranks and troubles. Danbi does notice that Jun family almost never visit him at the hospital, maybe because she work the night shift. Danbi asked Jeonghan about it and he does agree that it’s odd that the family never visit, maybe because they are not here in Korea or something. Danbi think the same thing, maybe Jun is in Korea alone. Some of Minghao cousin when he just admitted but now they aren't come anymore.

“No, you missed a spot” Jun point to the spot where Danbi totally missed, she want to yell at him, but he is right so she can’t. The evil vibe is here, Danbi doesn’t feel bad for him anymore, or just not at the moment. Danbi rub the spot angrily, it’s so hard to clean it off because it’s dried up somehow.

“You clean so slow” Minghao rest his hands on his chin and cross his right leg over his left one. He act as if Danbi is his servant cleaning the ground for him to walk. Danbi also take back the words of how she thought he was the nice one, maybe he was just waiting for the right time.

“If you have a problem with me cleaning then don’t break anything and don’t make a mess” Danbi wipe the floor sparkingly clean before standing up to stretch her back. She feel like an old woman, her bones been hurting more often. Danbi collect her equipment while glaring at the two brats, they are giggling and whispering to each other.  

“Go back to your room , it’s time for your medicines” angel Jeonghan to the rescue, he take one look at the two and then Danbi and her equipment. “What did you two break this time?” Jeonghan cross his arm, looking annoy. The two look at each other and panic, the only person that the two are scare of the most is Jeonghan. They both took off running and pushing each other without answering Jeonghan.

“Jeonghan, how is the surgery going?” Danbi remember the crying lady in front of the emergency room.

“It’s going really great, he’s not in a critical state anymore” Jeonghan help Danbi dumping the trash and carry all the equipment for Danbi as they both heading to the janitor closet.

“I’m glad, his wife won’t be crying anymore” Danbi is relief to hear the good news. There's no more crying sound anymore, the hall is quiet once again.

“I will go check on my patients for today, don’t work too hard and call me when those two little rascals act up again.” Jeonghan waves, speed walking to the patient room. He must have a tight schedule, but still help Danbi with carrying her equipment. Danbi is almost done with with her shift for today so she walk to see whether each room is sparkle clean.

“Excuse me, I seem to spilled something” a soft voice calls to her, Danbi poke her head into room number 17 to see a kind looking lady, she seem feeling bad for the spilled orange juice on the floor next to the bed. “I spilled the orange juice, sorry”

“Oh it’s not a problem madam, I will be back” Danbi grab the mop and the soap and water bucket. Danbi make sure that she didn’t spill anything on the way. The bucket is a bit too full so Danbi had to be extra careful. Danbi ignore Minghao and Jun jumping on their bed trying to touch the ceiling or just trying to break the bed. Jeonghan will find them soon enough and do the yelling. They never listen to her either way, brats.

Danbi open the door with her foot, the patient is leaning over the spill and cleaning it with a tissue. “Oh please don't touch it. I will clean it”

“Sorry I didn't want to bother you, but I don't want ants to gather either” the older lady  is holding the tissue in her hand still wiping the orange juice with it, trying to clean away the stickiness.

“It's my job so no worries. You should rest” Danbi help her on the bed before taking the mop from the bucket and began mopping. The spill is pretty small, but Danbi have to make sure to clean it properly. The nice lady sitting on the bed looking guilty as Danbi clean the mess.

“It's a nice here. The air is fresh too, way better than Seoul” the lady start a conversation while Danbi is waiting for the spot to dry since the sign for wet floor was broken because of the two brats. Danbi have to see Siwon later to ask for permission to buy a new warning sign for wet floor.

“Oh I didn't know you're from Seoul” Danbi lean on the wall, she have always heard of the big city called Seoul, but never know anyone that from there. Danbi heard that it’s a beautiful city and very crowded.

“The doctors said fresh air is better for my health so I'm here, my husband and son insisted” she smile lovingly at the mention of her family, showing Danbi the messages that she got from her husband and son on her phone. Danbi walk over to the bedside to glance at the phone, her son send her heart and bunch of emojis when he convince her about how beautiful the countryside is. It’s cute how he sends her many pictures of Jeju to convince her to come for treatment. Her husband on the other hand was serious, but very caring.

“They must love you a lot, I have never been to Seoul” Danbi smile at the cute messages that her son sent to her. The lady also send very cute faces to her son, they must be so close. The name S.Coupie with three hearts after it, that’s a very unique name.

“Oh my, let me tell you everything. It's a wonderful place, so many lights at night that it's like day time.” her eyes sparkled as she talk about her favorite places, she even told Danbi about her friends back in high school and everything. She have so many interesting stories and details that Danbi didn't want to leave. Danbi shift is about over , but she stay and listen to the lady story about the place called Seoul and her life when she was little. It must a wonderful place for her to look so happy, Danbi wonder about it. The big city where everyone go to fulfill their dreams.

“Danbi why are you still here?” Jeonghan question when he come in to check on his patient, he take the clip board and check the chart. “I see you met my friend Mrs. Choi and no she’s not related to Dr. Choi” Jeonghan cut Danbi off before she can even say anything.

“I didn't even ask” Danbi pout and said stubbornly, she definitely was about to ask about it. Jeonghan didn’t even look at her as he check the monitor.

“Well you were thinking of it. Mrs. Choi how are you feeling?” Jeonghan walk over to check on Mrs. Choi temperature and everything, Danbi always surprise to see how serious Jeonghan is about his job. She hardly see how he treat his patients since she only clean and leaves.

“As usual, good” Mrs. Choi smiles at Jeonghan, he smile back looking at the temperature and it must be normal because he check it and move on from the chart. Danbi watch as he scribble something down for a bit more while conversing to Mrs. Choi. Jeonghan had always been an attentive person, he remember everything that a person tells him.

“That's great. Come on Danbi it's 7:30, let's go eat chicken” Jeonghan check off the list and put the chart back to where it was. Jeonghan takes the bucket and the mop for Danbi, he kept his words from two years ago, he never let Danbi do any hard work. He doesn’t let her carry anything that he consider as heavy around here.

“Please excuse me, I will see you tomorrow” Danbi smile and wave, running after Jeonghan. Mrs. Choi seem so kind, but there's something about her that make Danbi feel sad. Mrs. Choi didn’t seem happy to be here, Danbi wonder if she have a reason for the sadness in her eyes.

“Does her family visit her a lot?” Danbi ask, walking beside Jeonghan while they both are walking to the janitor closet.  

“You work at night that's why you don't see them. Her husband and her son visit every morning till lunch” Jeonghan always see the family talking and laughing, “they are a very happy family”. Danbi didn’t ask anything anymore since she know that Jeonghan must be tired and the last thing she want is to talk to him about work after work hours. Danbi wait outside of the resident room that is now her room, Jeonghan is changing back into his casual clothes inside. He then complain about how Danbi really need to clean up once in awhile, he is such a clean freak.

Jeonghan park in the parking spot with his name on it, he click the button and the doors unlock. Danbi settle herself in the passenger seat and put on her seatbelt for safety. Jeonghan throw his stuff to the back seat and it landed perfectly on the seat. The car is like how Jeonghan is; so clean and sparkle looking, except something seem so out of place. Danbi lean closer to see a bright red bag of chips that is super familiar to her. “Oh this is from a week ago” Danbi found her empty chip bag stuffed in the pocket on the side of the car door.

“You and Seungkwan only know how to trash my car” Jeonghan sigh, giving her the trash bag for her to throw it in. He always tell them that he have a trash bag, but they somehow still trash everything on the floor or in some corners.

“Sorry” Danbi smile, knowing that she always get away with it. Jeonghan just shake his head as he start the car. The engine make a loud noise before slowly calm down a bit. Jeonghan pull out of the driveway and head toward Seungkwan mom’s restaurant. When they arrive at the restaurant, Seungkwan isn't there because he's studying for exam since it's going to be exam seasons soon. Danbi send him a text of encouragement and he send back emojis of food so they both drop off some food before Jeonghan take Danbi back to the hospital. Danbi listened to Jeonghan advice and clean up the floor a bit before falling asleep on the still messy bed.

“Good evening” Mrs. Choi wave to Danbi the moment Danbi start her shift around 5 P.M. Everything is calm and peaceful for night so there's nothing much to do. Jeonghan is taking a nap on one of the bed in the hallway.

“Good evening to you too Mrs. Choi” Danbi greet, putting away the trash bags. Danbi is organizing the closet because she somehow messed up the place and it hard to find stuff. It’s a calm day so Danbi thought she should clean it up a little to make her life better on those crazy days.

“I only see you at night” Mrs. Choi is taking her midnight troll when she see Danbi standing at the janitor closet.

“My usual shift is 5 pm to 5 am, sometimes I cover in the morning shift if needed to” Danbi closes the door of the janitor room, she done with the clean up for now. It’s too messy to go back, Danbi don’t even know how it get that way, it was sparkly cleaned before.

“That's a lot, how can a little girl like you can manage” Mrs. Choi haven't seen a girl her age work a job like this before. Back in Seoul, all the girls her age are studying in school or just stay home with their parents.

“I'm use to it, the work is not hard at all” Danbi smile, Jeonghan doesn't let her do any hard work at all. She needed a place to stay and Siwon is so kind that he even give her a place to live and pay her for little house chorus. Danbi don’t know how she will ever repays them.

“When are you on break?” Mrs. Choi ask, she seem to have something to ask of Danbi.

“I'm not busy at the moment” Danbi is done with all the rooms, she just have to check around later and clean more if needed.

“Good come help me picking a present for my son birthday” Mrs. Choi grab Danbi arm and they both head back to room #17. Mrs. Choi turn on her laptop and Danbi notice how many tabs have so tabs open on her laptop. The tabs become so small that Mrs. Choi should shout when she accidentally closes some of them while they are viewing.

Danbi try her best to give her opinions, but the two start to bicker moments later. Mrs. Choi wanted something bright for her son, but Danbi disagree because it can get dirty easily and it hard to wear clothes that go with it. Danbi held her ground because she did not like the light pink color that Mrs. Choi wanted to buy for her son.  After who knows how long, they both decided on a dark green windbreaker.

“Okay click purchase and done” Mrs. Choi high five Danbi. They both laugh at how childish they are they were bickering over some items and now laughing at each other. She had to do this last minute because her son birthday is in 5 days on August 8. Mrs. Choi is so excited that her son will turn 22 in 5 days, but sad that she couldn't throw a party like back in Seoul.

“Last year, we threw a pool party for him because he turned 21 and you now how kids look toward to that day their whole life. It was crazy because some drunk kid jumped into the chocolate fountain thinking it was the pool” Mrs. Choi laugh, holding her stomach. “He was a close friend with Cheolie so we even video tape him for a few minutes before pulling him out”

“He must be embarrassed after” Danbi imagine a guy swimming in chocolate and it’s so funny. Imagine that sticky feeling afterwards though.

“Oh he’s a very polite kid. He came over the next day with a fruit basket  to apologize and I told him that it was the highlight of the party” Mrs. Choi and Danbi continue to laugh when she try to search for the video on the internet or something because someone posted it. Danbi help Mrs. Choi scan the videos on Youtube that she did not notice Siwon presence in the room.

“Oh Danbi, I didn't expect to see you here” Siwon said as he knock on the door, he turns to Mrs. Choi while looking at her chart. He flip through many pages and nod to himself, he stare at the monitor which is off since Mrs. Choi took it off for her walk.

“Hi Siwon” Danbi waves trying to escape before he yells at her. She already get in trouble enough when Jeonghan and her take random breaks during their shift and now she was caught read handed.

“Not so fast, what were you doing?” Siwon ask, looking at Danbi suspiciously. Danbi and Jeonghan are very close so she might have picked up some bad habits from him. Jeonghan keeps on letting the patient eat greasy food and give them candies when they are not suppose to eat anything that is not on the chart.

“Oh I asked for her to help me pick out a present for my son. Come look, isn't it pretty?” Mrs. Choi smile brightly at Siwon, showing him the item that she recently purchase. The screen show that she just ordered it and it will guarantee to come in three days of shipping since she paid extra for it.

“Yes very, Danbi you can go back to work now” Siwon dismiss Danbi without any scolding, Danbi take that chance to escape fast.

“Bye Mrs. Choi, remember to save our option 2 if your son doesn't like that green jacket” Danbi pause at the door, she doesn't want to be blame if her son absolutely hate the jacket. She only chose based on her own feeling since she never even meet Mrs. Choi son.

“I will, have fun working” Mrs. Choi give Danbi a fighting pose and Danbi shout fighting back. Siwon watch the two interaction and take note of Mrs. Choi mood.

Danbi see that Jeonghan is still sleeping on the bed in the hallway so she grab a warm blanket for him. Jeonghan stir a bit, but then goes back to sleeping peacefully. He still looks like an angel when Danbi first meet him. She wonder what would happened to her if she didn’t meet Jeonghan, Siwon and Seungkwan. The past two years, Jeonghan and Seungkwan made her so happy and helped her back onto her feet. These two are her most precious friends people in this world.

 
 
 
 
 
Who would be in the next chapter?   I don't know~~~~~~~~     
hint***    a very hard working person