Silent

Soulmate

As Jin wash the dishes, she couldn't help to feel something is a bit odd. Jin have a weird feeling, her stomach is twisting and turning. Jin feel like something bad is going to happen. The night is so still, the only sound at this late at night being the waves crashing along the shore. Jin was so focus on thinking about it that she did not notice the figure creeping to the window.

 

“Jin!!!” Wonwoo shout from outside the window, making Jin jump and curse at him. “Ha! you potty mouth. Come out here for a few minutes” Wonwoo smile did not reach his eyes, Jin slowly wash her hands and head outside the cold air. She does not feel good about Wonwoo showing up at three in the morning.

 

“Took you long enough” Wonwoo smile as he stand up from the squatting position. Wonwoo is wearing all black and cover from head to toe. Jin did not miss the big black handbag on the ground. Jin know that it’s only the matter of time before Wonwoo make up his mind, but she didn’t think it was this soon. Jin grip the bottom of her shirt, trying to not panic.

 

“I figured that I can’t wait for my birthday any longer. I’m leaving” Wonwoo press his lips together forming a thin line, Jin did the same to stop herself from crying. Jin didn’t do too good as Wonwoo hesitantly turn away from her, snifting also.

 

Jin wipes away her tears and clear , “Good luck and take care” those are the only words Jin can say out loud at the moment. The rest of the things she want to tell him are her feelings and how she does not want him to leave her. How she wish that she can be his soulmate and how much she want to share half of his  pain so she can see his smile everyday. Those are the words that Jin will have to seal away until the day she die.

 

“Thanks and you don’t have to worry about me. See all these muscles?” Wonwoo tease, flexing his arms.  Everyone in town know that Wonwoo only have bones on his body, he even lost to Jin in arm wrestle once. Jin bite her lips and force a smile, even in this situation he want to make Jin smile. There is no way she can smile when her chest feel like so tight and she can barely breath.

 

“I wish you all the best Wonwoo” Jin words are from the bottom of her heart, she want him to be happy. Even though Jin want to be with Wonwoo, but she know that she can’t make him happy. Jin give herself a imaginary pat as she holding it in pretty well, only a few drops of tears fell earlier.

 

“When the time is right, I will come back to visit you” Wonwoo grab his bag from the floor, the bag is almost way too small. Jin bite her lips harder to keep herself alert to respond to Wonwoo, forcing her mind and soul to be here in this place where the man that she love is saying goodbye.

 

“Uhm” Jin nod and that was all Jin can say without breaking down, she smile at him. The last thing she want is for Wonwoo to see her as a crying mess before he leaves. She want him to leave with a good impression of her.

 

“You take care. You will be okay, you’re much stronger than I am” Wonwoo pats Jin’s head, smiling down at her. Jin try her best to look happy and encouraging. Wonwoo suddenly pull her into a hug, Jin burry her face into Wonwoo’s leather jacket, pressing her nose to his chest. Instinctively, Jin’s arms tighten around Wonwoo for a split second before she came to her senses and releasing him just as quickly, she had no right to hold him back; instead, Jin took a deep breath, taking in his sweet scent for probably the last time instead.

 

“I will miss you” Wonwoo whisper, holding onto Jin even tighter. Jin was the only person that accept Wonwoo as who he is, the one that spend time to break Wonwoo’s shell. She is the only reason that Wonwoo still together in one piece after all these years. Wonwoo does not bear to leave her behind, but there’s nothing else he can do.

 

Jin is now standing by the door, looking at the road where Wonwoo disappeared. He’s gone now, gone to somewhere that Jin can never reach. There’s no tears. Everything is silent and still, no sound can reach Jin. Not even the sound of the waves crashing, or the sound of the rooster. Jin didn’t realize that she was standing at the same place for hours till Lay ahjussi waves at her as he pass by on his tractor.

 

“Morning” Jin softly whisper after him, but he didn’t seem to catch it. Jin have to do something to distract her mind. Jin take out of the dishes and begin to wash them again. Sweeping the house and mop it from in every single corner. It’s about five in the morning now, Jin decided to jog to the market to buy something fresh for breakfast.

 

“Eomonie, how much is the squid?” Jin try to pick a fresh one, but they all look the same from to Jin. How do you even know which on is fresh?

 

“Aigoo, our pretty little Jin is here. For you and your grandma it’s free. Tell your grandma her pork noodle is the best in the country” the ahjumma take the plastic back and grab two biggest on for Jin.

 

“Thank you eomonie” Jin smile brightly at her looking for some vegetables on the next stall. The two stalls are close enough so Jin doesn’t have to move from her spot.

 

“Aigoo, become my daughter for reals. My son’s birthday is in few months and I’m praying that you name will appear.” she always like to tease Jin about becoming her daughter, her son is younger than Jin so that’s is a no for sure. Not to mention, he never help his mother out so he’s not Jin type at all.

 

“Eomonie stop teasing me, I’m going to run back to make breakfast before my grandma wake up now. It’s a surprise for her.” Jin wave and bow before running home full speed. Her grandma usually wake up around six so Jin have to have everything done before then.

 

“Grandma you’re up early!!” Jin pause at the door and shock to find her grandma sitting on the chair, hands on her chest. “Are you okay?” she put the groceries at the door before walking toward her grandma.

 

“My chest hurt a lot” her expression doesn’t seem good, Jin panic. Her grandma is leaning over, she seem to be in a lot of pain.

 

“I will get my medicine” Jin run to her grandma room and grab all the medicine that are there. Jin doesn’t know which one she need so she take all of it.

 

“Which one is it grandma?”Jin ask with all kind of medicine in her hands. Jin walk out to find her grandma laying unconscious on the floor “GRANDMA!!!!!” Jin scream. Jin quickly calls the hospital, Jin’s hands are shaking like crazy. Jin does not know what to do, everything seem to happen so fast. Jin saw Lee ahjumma comes in screaming before running out to calls other people. One by one everyone gather at the house, trying to do something, but grandma is still laying there not moving a finger. Park ahjussi and Tae ahjussi help grandma off the cold concrete floor, some people are holding on to Jin.

 

Everyone is panicking and saying so many things, but Jin can’t hear a thing. What’s going on? Why is grandma looking so blue? Jin does not know why some people are holding on to her, Kim ahjumma, Lay ahjussi and Lee ahjumma, why don’t they help grandma, but hold on to her instead? “I’m fine” Jin repeat in her head, but nothing came out of . Jin try to scream this time, but still nothing is coming out. Jin version begin to blurry and the last thing she see is the floor.

 

~~~~~


 

Jin feel so weak and thirsty, is so dry that it’s hurting. Jin find it hard to open her eyes, there’s seem so be glue holding her eyelid close together. Jin feel warm towel on her eyes and after few minutes of gentle wipes, it’s easier to open her eyes now. Jin see a lady in white uniform, looking down at her, saying something. Jin squint her eyes to focus on the nurse, but still she hear nothing.

 

“Jin” someone softly calls her name, someone she love the most in this world. Jin turn to the beautiful sound, there’s a bed to her left and someone is lying on it .

 

“Grandma?” Jin feel the tears forming and falls on her cheeks once again, she couldn't believe it. Her grandma is laying on the bed to her left with her head turn toward Jin. her grandma looks green, almost like she does not have enough blood flowing in her body.

 

“I’m sorry that I scared you” it was hard to hear grandma with the green thing that cover her nose and mouth. Everything she breath there is some mist in there, Jin figured it help her with breathing.

 

“Grandma are you okay?” Jin sit up slowly, her muscles feel so weak, but she still manage to go to her grandma. Jin sit on the edge of the bed holding her grandma small hands in her own, crying her eyes out.  

 

“Jin listen to me closely. I want you be to happy, I also want the two of us to stay together as we are now, but I’m afraid that it will be hard” these are the words that she didn’t think she will say to Jin one day,  but she must because she know that there is now a limit on her time with Jin. She watch as Jin continue to cry by her bedside, her one and only granddaughter.

 

“Don’t say that, it has always been us two and forever will” Jin shake her head, refuse to let those thoughts near her mind. It’s just a cold or a fever, grandma will get better eventually.

 

“I’m glad to hear that, but you can’t take of yourself when….I’m gone” Jin never notice how her grandma voice is soft, she never notice how fragile her grandma is. Her eyes are looks so tired, Jin realize how soft her hand is and how wrinkles it is. Why does it all hit now that she her grandma is old and all? it’s not fair, she hasn't done anything for her grandma.

 

“Grandma you’re not going anywhere” even though she said that tears are streaming down Jin’s face. She had never imagine a day without her grandma, it’s just impossible.

 

“My last wish is for you to be happy. If you’re sad you know that I will be sad too” Jin feel her grandma hands her head gently. Jin couldn’t stand it anymore and break down crying into the hospital bed sheet. “Please take care of yourself my little one” Jin feel grandma place a kiss on her right hand before the machine went off, alarming everyone.

 

“Grandma?” Jin voice crack, looking up to see her grandma with her eyes close, and the machine is in a straight line. No, it can’t “Grandma you can’t!!!” Suddenly all the nurse and doctors rush in, Jin realize that they are going to take her grandma away from her, she can’t let that happen.


“No, don’t touch her” Jin grab onto the bed, refusing to leave or let anyone touch her grandma.  The nurse are grabbing her hands and forcing her out of the room. “DON’T TOUCH MY GRANDMA!!!!!” Jin throw them off her as she run to the bed, she will protect her grandma from these people who are trying to take her to somewhere else. Jin see two big man about six feet come into the room with gloves on, their eyes are on Jin as they close in. Jin struggle from their grasp, Jin feel something sting at her right arm, suddenly all her energy left her. “Grandma” Jin mouth before falling lifelessly on to the floor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cried while typing this, T_T  I didn't really proof read that much so sorry about the grammar mistakes

Maybe it will be happier next chapter,  I don't know~~~~~~~

That was a long chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it ❤️ ❤️ ❤️