D-1

Soulmate

In the small village of Gosan-ri, where the population does not surpass 500. The small town where nothing ever happen, the safe town that contain no criminal. It is already past one when a lone figure walking toward the beach with her phone as flashlight. Jin kick random rocks on the walkway before taking off her shoes to walk on the cold sand. Jin can not sleep due to feeling nervous and anxious about her upcoming birthday.

 

At midnight of her 21st birthday is when she will have a mark in the back of her neck, the name of her soulmate. It’s a day that many wait upon, but Jin can only sigh as she think about it. The darkness is what Jin comfortable with. The only sound that can be hear is the sound the waves crashes onto the shore. The waves calm Jin down a bit, but the uneasiness feeling in her chest is still sitting there and it's just so heavy. Jin sit down onto the cold sand and just stare at the darkness and the crashing waves ahead.

 

"Jin?" the deep and husky voice that make Jin heart flutter, however the feeling of uneasiness is heavier than ever. Jin does not have to turn to see who that person is, but she want to see him. Just being with him make Jin feel a hundred times happier.

 

"Wonwoo" Jin like the sound of his name alot, he is the reason Jin does not want to know about her soul mate. Jin is madly in love with the man in front of her that she willing to not bother about her soul mate. He smile down with Jin, not knowing he's the reason for her pain. Jin does not intent to ever tell him...because he will also have a soul mate. This whole situation just give Jin a headache and chest pain.

 

"What are you doing here?" Wonwoo ask as he sit on next to Jin, staring at the ocean like how she was before he came. Jin admire his side profile, everything about him, Jin can stare at him all day and still find him interesting and so handsome.

 

"I couldn't sleep, you?" Jin ask even though Jin know what's on his mind.

 

"Stuff" Wonwoo fake a smile at Jin. Wonwoo then lay down on the sand to stare at the stars above. "You know you will be 21 soon, I wish my birthday come faster"

 

"Why?" Jin have to keep her voice from shaking, she does not like where this topic is going.

 

"So I can find my sould make of course, that's all i'm waiting for. Find my soul mate and get out of here"

 

"What if your soul mate is in this place?" Jin force a laugh, to exaggerate the fact that she want to be sound like she is joking. The night is cold, but Jin's palms are sweating.

 

"Then I will ask her to leave this place with me"

 

Jin can tell how serious Wonwoo is, she would go anywhere with him as long as he ask. Jin shake her head, getting rid of her delusional thoughts. There is no way that she and Wonwoo are soul mate, the chance is 1 in a billion.

 

"You know. When I think about leaving this place, the only person that I can't bear to leave behind is you"  without knowing it, his words are like needles stabbing her heart.

 

Tears are forming in her eyes as she think about him leaving the town and her behind. What can she do to be with this guy, the one she love so much? Of course there is nothing to do about it.

 

 "You're the only one that really know me, even more than my parents. I’m glad that I saved you five years ago” Wonwoo reminiscing about the day when he saved Jin from a raging fire.

 

“I'm always grateful to you for that. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you” does that count as a confession? It's almost the same as I can't live without you, Jin sigh once again.

 

“Aigoo since when does our little pretty Jin know how to sigh. Let's get you back before you get a cold” Wonwoo sit up and pat Jin head like she's a child. He then pull Jin up so she is standing on her feet.

 

“Hey I'm older than you” Jin dust the sand off her clothes. Wonwoo does the same

 

“I'm taller” with that Wonwoo earn a kick from Jin. No matter where Jin goes, everyone treats her like a child. Jin is barely 5’2 and she have a carefree personality.

 

“You don't have to walk me back” Jin notice that Wonwoo is following her, his house is on the opposite direction.

 

“I want to. I have to make sure you don't hurt anyone or anything since you're in a bad mood” Wonwoo take two step so that he is walking side by side with Jin, looking at her expression. The moonlight barely lit up anything and there’s no street light either. Jin can’t tell what kind of expression Wonwoo is making while looking at her.

 

“I'm not in a bad mood” Jin deny the obvious.

 

“Yes you are. Be happy, your birthday is the day after tomorrow. At midnight tomorrow you will get to find your mate” Wonwoo goes on again about the soulmate thing.

 

“It's just a name Wonwoo” the bitter tone make Wonwoo feel a bit taken back. Jin always been a happy kid, he wonder if she really nervous about her soul mate.

 

“A name of someone that you will spend the rest of your life with” Wonwoo been waiting for the day where he will set off the find his soulmate.

 

“Right” Jin scoffed, rolling her eyes. If only that person is you, Jin said in her head. Wonwoo made a few dumbs jokes and Jin gave up on holding back her smile. He always go so far just to make her laugh.

 

Wonwoo place both hands in his pocket as he watch Jin walks in her house. Unlike Jin, Wonwoo can’t wait to find the one for him, the one that can ease all his pain. Wonwoo hasn’t had a easy life, he heard that soulmate can share your pain better than anyone. People also said that soulmate can make one so happy that they could die in their arms. Wonwoo want that even if there’s a chance that his soul mate will be across the world. Wonwoo will do anything to find his soulmate.