++ bonus

Come Back and I'm Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise surprise.

I’ve decided to write one bonus chapter because you guys were such awesome pies. I received so much loves from my inbox and walls because of this one shot so thank you very much *cry a river*. I felt so much bless these days because AKMU’s comeback, Jessica (our freaking Jessica), I.O.I and Infinite’s Woohyun are going to debut soon oh my feels. So here, have a chapter *pat your back*

Please bear in mind that this chapter was something like time machine – we are going back to their university days and present a lot – forward and backward and forwards and yeah, you got the points.

8000++ words.

un-proofread.

happy reading <3

 

Sunggyu cursed his luck for the nth time that morning. He glanced at his watch and muttered another string of curses. He glanced at the screen again. The next train will arrive in the next 7 minutes.

How on earth he's going to make it into 7 minutes?

Right, 6 minutes.

It was 10.49 right now and his class going to start on 11.30 and if he fast to catch this subway train on time, he might arrived 10 minutes before the class begin. Blamed his car for sudden broken down.

 

Groaning, he pressed agreed and put the money into the money box. The machine hummed lightly before a small ding heard and a ticket poked out from its holder. Sunggyu looked around after receiving his ticket and squinted his eyes to find the entrance to the top. His feet moved faster than a grumpy grandpa should be.

He ran to the elevator once he found one and rushed to his platform. He keep apologizing and bowing to people who he bumped into on his way. He needs to arrive on his platform fast.

And he got 1 minute - stated on the board - once he arrived at the last stair.

Panting hard, he rested his back against a tall pillar while waiting his train to arrive. The platform was empty except a few people here and there – well, it’s not the rush hour anyway.

"Yes, professor."

Sunggyu snapped his head to the direction of the voice. That voice! It’s not hard to find her when there are not much people waiting at the platform. His face softened into a small smile when he stared at her. Her long dark brown hair bounced gracefully against her pale skin. She looked sweet in that pink blouse with matched white bubble skirt.

"I did. The lab report is still with me though."

Beeping sound alarmed all the people there including Sunggyu, forcing him to pull away from the girl and glanced at the new arrived train. People walked out from the train like a wave before the waiting people like him entered more calmly.

Sunggyu hurried up his steps and walked 1meter behind the girl, intentionally.

Her perfume has sweet scent which Sunggyu likes a lot – something mixed between fresh flowers and vanilla scent.

"Sure, I can send them straight to you later on. Is that fine?"

Sunggyu took his sit opposite of her, intentionally too.

"Alright then, professor. I'll confirm back to you about the list." He smiled widened when the girl let out a small giggle on whatever her professor said. His heart beating fast again just the first time he met her last week.

"Thank you, Professor Chou. Yes, okay. Goodbye." Noticing that she was being stared at for a while, Jessica looked up once the call ended and saw Sunggyu's eyes widened immediately.

Sunggyu's ears turned red as he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Oh my gosh, I didn’t mean to stare at you. It-just- I'm sorry." He knew how rude to stare at female, especially a beautiful one like Jessica. "Really, I'm sorry."

Jessica let out a small smile as she tucking her hair behind her ear, her face red. "Um, its okay -I mean um well, apologies accepted." It was a norm for her - people staring at her, saying that she's beautiful and such. But somehow, the male in front of her make her blush red than usual -perhaps because he's too honest.

"No, please don’t think that I'm creepy, I was just -- you're too beautiful and somehow so- yeah." Sunggyu stuttered when Jessica looked at him with her beautiful brown almond eyes.

Jessica let out a shy grateful laugh. "Um, thank you."

Sunggyu rubbed his neck awkwardly, his face still red. "Uh, yeah."

They stay silence like that, still sit across each other exchanging glances and shy smiles while waiting the train to arrive at their stop.

"Are you going to the campus too?" Sunggyu asked casually, trying hard to hear Jessica's voice again.

Jessica nodded then her eyes widened.

"Did you go to Woolim University too -Wait a minute. Aren't you Sungyeol's friend? We have met at the café last week, isn’t?" Jessica asked.

Sunggyu’s thin lips turned into a small pout. "You don't recognize me? Oh my god, this is embarrassing." Sunggyu fanned his face with his hand. He really thought Jessica would recognize him from the first glance.

Stupidmestupidmestupidme.

WhereshouldIputmyfacewhereshouldIputmyface.

Jessica giggled once again. "I'm so sorry, I have bad memory about people's face. I'm really sorry."

Sunggyu's pout no longer on his face. His eyes were twinkling when Jessica keep repeating her apologies. "Nah, it’s alright. It was normal when we are meeting new people. You are Jessica right?"

Jessica nodded softly. "Yeah and you are -wait a minute, let me refresh my memory a bit."

Sunggyu laughed when Jessica chewed her bottom lip when she tried to remember his name. "You are adorable."

Jessica's beautiful eyes flickered to him. "Excuse me?"

Sunggyu's eyes widened before his lips moved. "It’s Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu." He changed the topic immediately.

Jessica pouted as she looked down, disappointed with her own memory. "Ah right. Sunggyu-sshi." He like how she pronounced his name. It was beautiful. "That Woohyun guy already make up with you guys, isn’t? Sungyeol told me. He told me a lot about you guys."

Sunggyu smiled. "Really? What did he tell you about me?"

Jessica grinned at him, her eyes smiling teasingly. "I sure you don’t want to hear what he said about you."

Realization hit him. Sungyeol won’t say anything that make me looked bad at Jessica's eyes, right?

Seeing horror struck on Sunggyu's face, Jessica can't help but to laugh. "He's not saying anything bad about you, so don’t worry."

Suggyu let out a sigh of relief.

"But he did say that you love to nag. Like an old grumpy grandpa." Jessica continued with a grin.

"Aish, that brat!"

 

 

Jessica was spraying her perfume on both of her wrist when Sunggyu's reflection joined hers on the mirror. Sighing softly when she saw Sunggyu' having hard time while buttoning his wrist shirt, Jessica put down her perfume bottle and rubbed her wrist together before turned to her husband.

"You can ask for help, you know?" Jessica said when she reached Sunggyu's left hand and started to button it.

Sunggyy grinned. "I’m not going to ask because I know you are going to do it anyway."

Jessica glared at him playfully before start to button his right wrist. "Spoiled kid."

"I'm only spoiled for you, jagi. Should I find another person to pamper me?" He grinned when he received sharp glare.

"Don't you dare." Jessica hissed before she took a pale blue tie from the bed and turn back to Sunggyu. She knew Sunggyu can do it -find another one, get marry twice- because he had the power, enough money plus there were a lot of people admire him and ready to be taken anytime. Sunggyu was the famous successful young CEO after all. She knew both of her parents and her parents in laws were anxious when she shows no signs of pregnant after six months of marriage.

The Kims need heirs.

Jessica was insecure.

Seeing Jessica's solemn face as she tied the tie around his neck, Sunggyu purposely leaned closer and wrapped his hand around Jessica's small waist. "What's with that face?" He breathed.

"Nothing." Jessica glanced at him before looking back at the tie in her hand with a small smile. A force smile, Sunggyu noticed. "Why you are so tall?" Jessica whined, trying to change the subject as she tiptoed a bit.

Sunggyu let out a small chuckle as he bends a little and pecked Jessica's nose in the process. "Here."

Jessica was smiling satisfied before she finished her work, but Sunggyu still noticed her sad expression.

"You know I won't look at other people right?" Sunggyu asked softly when Jessica done with her work. Jessica's eyes flickered to Sunggyu’s face in shock, not expecting that her husband can read her easily.

Sunggyu turned Jessica towards the mirror before wrapping his arm around her waist once again but this time he was back hugging her - pressing his chest against her back – and both of them stared at their reflection quietly. Sunggyu tucked his chin on Jessica's shoulder, inhaling his favorite sweet scent of Jessica calmly.

"I’m joking just now, okay?"

Jessica pressed her lips into a thin line. "I know."

"If you are worry about our parents, please don’t." Sunggyu meet Jessica's eyes on the mirror. "We are building back our relationship one by one, step by step because we want it to be perfect this time. We should make sure ourselves in the right tracks first before we become parents - so that our future children will have a pair of excellent parent. The god will give us the children when we are completed enough. Futhermore, it’s not like we are not trying right?"

Jessica blushed remembering their intimate times. "What are you talking early in the morning, yeobo?" She whined. It was weird to see Sunggyu talking like this – he was more mature and wise compared to last six years.

"If you still worried, maybe we can try it every night. The chances for you to get pregnant will shoot to 100% then." Sunggyu whispered hotly at her ear.

And definitely more ert.

Jessica poked Sunggyu's rib with her pointy elbow. "Stop teasing me."

He grinned when Jessica start to smile again. "When the right time comes, you'll pregnant okay?"

Jessica smiled. "Okay, husband-nim." Sunggyu chuckled. "Thank you for such motivation." She continued.

Sunggyu take one of her wrist and smelled the sweet scent again - it was his habit to smell Jessica's wrist - and Jessica just let him. "I always wonder if you ever dream about my wrists?"

Sunggyu hummed before he intertwined their fingers together. "I always dream about you, you know that."

Jessica rolled her eyes despite her warm cheeks and her pulse's speeding. "Right." She used her free hand to fix her husband's tie and brush away the invisible dust from his shoulders.

"So.. are you free on this Saturday?"

Jessica glanced at him teasingly. "Why is your style of asking me out was soooo old school?"

Sunggyu chuckled. "No seriously, are you free or not?"

"My shift is on two in the afternoon till ten in the night." Jessica let out an apologetic smile. “Sorry.”

Sunggyu groaned. "Why are you much busier than me?" He whined.

"I'm sorry, yeobo."

Sunggyu's expression softened immediately. He brushed Jessica's bang a bit. "Then on Sunday? Do you have a shift on Sunday?"

Jessica nodded but she quickly added before Sunggyu can whine again. "But we can go after two, I promise."

Sunggyu raised his eyebrow and squinted his already small eyes at his wife. "Really?"

Jessica laughed. "Yes, really."

Sunggyu nodded, satisfied. "If you got last minute emergency cases or what, I’m going to burn that emergency room." He threatens his wife.

Jessica rolled her eyes, grinned. "Where are we going anyway?"

Sunggyu shrugged. "Anywhere you like. We haven’t gone out since I need to settle my latest project and you got your crazy works."

Jessica hummed. "How about going to Italian restaurant? I would like to have some pasta."

"Pasta?" Sunggyu frowned. "But we can eat that at home." He whined.

Jessica glared at him. "Fine then, we are going to eat pasta at home this Sunday."

Sunggyu's eyes widened immediately. "Alright alright, we are going to Italian restaurant on this Sunday, okay? There."

Jessica grinned before she walked to the corner of their bedroom to retrieve her handbag. "That's my yeobo."

Sunggyu sighed and muttered. "Why you keep having your mood swings lately?"

"Yah! I heard that!"

 

 

"I like you."

He saw on how Jessica's beautiful eyes widened at his works before she let out a small laugh - an awkward one.

"What nonsense are you spouting now, hm Sunggyu?"

Sunggyu shook his head fast. "No, really. I like like you, Jessica." How should he explain this? They just have been friend for four months but there's something tugged at his heart, something bubbled in his stomach when Jessica was around. He adored Jessica's beautiful smiles and couldn't help himself to feel sad or broken when Jessica in same kind of state too. He got a lot of emotions lately just because of this one girl. He even remembered on how he been bitter for all day when he saw Jessica came to the campus with that Lee Donghae guy.

And he still remembered how ached he was when Jessica did not came to the campus for a week because of her hospital practical.

It just hit him when Jessica came back for the next following week.

He missed her.

He likes her.

Maybe more than that.

Which led him here, standing in front of the girl.

"I like you too, Sunggyu." Jessica let out a small smile. "You are a good friend."

Sunggyu's expression was unreadable. His smile was killed by her last sentence and it hurt him a lot. The rejection.

"No, sica -you don't understand. I like you." He took a deep breath as he stared right into Jessica's eyes. "I like you more than friends –it’s ridiculous, I know, but I can’t keep this feeling any longer. I-I just want to be with you."

Jessica looked away immediately.

"Sica." He called softly.

"Sunggyu, I don’t think I was all what you want. We are different." She sighed in defeat.

Sunggyu's eyes widened. So she knew. She knew that I freaking loves her. "You knew it all along. But then why?"

Jessica looked up. "Look at you, Sunggyu. You are admirable -came from a great family, got a good education background, nice- and we don’t match. You are going to take over your father company once you're graduated. It was a shame for you to be with me an-"

"Why would I ashamed? So what if I came from a great family? So what if our family backgrounds were different? I still like you and it won’t change anything. "

Jessica stared at him for a moment. "I’ve grown up with people's trust, Sunggyu. My parents trusted me to work hard to be a doctor, just like how they trusted my brother to be a lawyer. I want to make them happy."

"You think I'm going to ruin your future?"

Jessica shook her head. "No." She glanced at him. "To fall in love with you is easy, Sunggyu, we know each other - and I’m sure you got the boyfriend material. It just ...I don’t want to end things in the middle, Sunggyu."

Sunggyu understand it right away. "Who's said I’m going to end it in the middle?"

Jessica's eyes widened in shock.

"I got what you mean, I understand it very well." Sunggyu let out a small smile. "I can't lie to you when I have fantasied about our future together - I really do. And I want the relationship to stay forever, till the end. And you are afraid that I might dump you in the future? You don’t trust me?"

"I don’t trust myself either, Sunggyu.” Jessica muttered.  “Our lifestyle is just ..different. You're living your life rather happily and enjoyable. My life was dull. We wouldn't match each other."

Again, Jessica's words killing him for the second time. Jessica hates his lifestyle -clubbing, late night parties. He likes doing these things -having one or two shots of alcohol and drunk up but he has his pride. He'd never take any girl for , so until this second Sunggyu was practically a . But deep down he knew, no matter how y the girls that he'd bring to dance floor, no matter how pretty the girls he flirted with, at the end he always want a nice and kind wife for the rest of his live.

And he didn't expect to meet The One this soon.

Jessica let out a small sigh. "I'm sorry, Sunggyu. But, let's just be friend eoh? We still can-"

Sunggyu cut her words immediately. "No."

Jessica looked at him. "..no?"

"I want to call you mine, Sica." Sunggyu breathed.

Jessica felt something flattering -her heart threated to jump from her ribcage every time Sunggyu threw her that look. The look that makes her legs wobbled and melted away. Sunggyu is attractive, Jessica admitted. His eyes crinkled beautifully when he was smiling. He looked manly and dashingly handsome especially he's frowning or mad or holding high his pride, god -- Sunggyu was seriously illegal. She likes Sunggyu too. But deep down Jessica knew she and Sunggyu was not a match. She knew Sunggyu's drinking habit and blamed it on her ambition on being a doctor - alcohol was a big no no for her. The male loves clubbing which means flirting and girls and more alcohol.

Jessica couldn’t help to put her mark high - she wants her first relationship to be her last one, forever.

And Sunggyu is not the one.

"I will change for you, Jessica."

Jessica about to protest - she doesn’t want somebody to change for her - but Sunggyu held his hand, asking Jessica to hear him first.

"I know your ideal type heck, I know everything about you. I was crazy for you." Jessica saw this glint on his eyes - the glint when Sunggyu was serious and he put his ego on the line. "I would do anything for you and yes, I won’t give up." And his eyes softened as he pulled a small smile. "Please don't go away, please wait for me. I'm preparing myself to be the best for you."

Jessica felt her cheeks warm once again.

Sunggyu stepped closer and he brushed Jessica’s hair softly. "So don't be a flirt, don't dress up too pretty, don't smile too beautifully at anybody, when you need help – ask me or Sungyeol, don’t ask anybody else, when you’re lonely at subway station -- just text me, and don’t call professor too much – most of them males and males screamed dangerous to me. I-I afraid someone will snatch you away from me. Wait for me, please." His voice was sincere mixed with a desperate pleading. "I will do everything, anything to make you fall for me. So please, wait for me."

"Sunggyu.." Her tongue was tied.

Her heartbeat was crazily fast.

Sunggyu smiled. "So this is my first step to make you fall for me."

Jessica can't process what happened because everything seems too fast. Sunggyu leaned in and kissed her forehead before Jessica could even blink. The male then grinned sheepishly and waved at her.

"See you then, jagi." He ran away immediately, hiding his red face in a blink of eye.

She didn’t even notice that her face was red too.

 

 

Sunggyu swallowed his spaghetti immediately when the waiter arrived and placed the four slice pizza on the table. He immediately nodded at the waiter and mumbled a small thank you before the waiter walked away.

He glanced at her wife. "Seriously, jagi? I thought I asked you to order the food, not a food truck."

Jessica glared at him as she swirled her spaghetti around her fork. "You said order anything that I want, right?"

Sunggyu let out a small sigh as his eyes wandered around on their table -- a plate of spaghetti, another plate for seafood lasagna, a bowl of soup pasta and now a pizza? Thank god she ordered one for each cuisine.

"It was just a small serving, yeobo. And you love Italian pizza. I ordered this for you." Jessica leane

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter