Of Bothersome Best Friends

Piccadilly Circus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I WILL SAVE YOU MY PRINCESS!” Kai hollered. His hands were already stretched out before him, as he got ready in a diving position. But he found himself faltering till he grinded to a stop at the edge of the pool because , I can’t swim too. Kai frowned, half pondering if it would be worth it if he died while trying to save his princess (but he soon shook off that notion because that would just pave the way for Jongin to enjoy the ‘spoils of war’ alone), before looking beside him where a second splash had resonated around the backyard.

 

To his right, Jongin, who was the one that had jumped into the pool too, was currently trying his utmost to doggy-paddle towards the floundering Chanyeol and sinking Kyungsoo. Because the other twin couldn’t swim as well, but unlike Kai, had dumbly dived in all the same, Jongin was struggling to stay afloat; face barely skimming above the water. “Princess! Your Jongin *gurgle i-is here *guh…” He was swallowing water more than a desperate man at an oasis in the desert, waving his arms around, but for every inch he tried to move forward, his body traveled backwards instead. In short, Jongin looked ridiculous.

 

“Yeollie, stand up you idiot!” Baekhyun ran up to stand beside Kai as more partygoers gathered to witness the huge scene. “You’re taller than the depth of the water!” There was undeniable annoyance in Baekhyun’s face as he shouted at his dumb boyfriend who was still floundering about in the water.

 

Oh, I am? Somehow, his boyfriend’s words registered in his brain and Chanyeol stopped ‘struggling’ and true enough, his face wasn’t submerged if he stood on his tippy-toes. “I LIVEEEEE!” He pumped his fist in the air, only to be screamed at by both Baekhyun and Kris because Kyungsoo, unfortunately, wasn’t so blessed in the height department and was currently sinking down because Chanyeol wasn’t in any way helping him out. “Oh my god, my baby!” Chanyeol shrieked before he took a deep breath and dived down to haul his best friend up. Kyungsoo had passed out by now, lying limp in the giant’s hand as Chanyeol made his way back slowly.

 

“Uhm, Baek…?” Jongin shot his cousin a sheepish grin. “Can you help me out?” He proceeded to give quite an impressive duck waddle. Thank god Kris’s arms were long enough to pluck him out of the water right as Chanyeol arrived back with Kyungsoo. “CPR! Who here knows how to do CPR?” Baekhyun screamed as he stepped forward to help his boyfriend lay their baby down.

 

“MOVE .” Kai practically swept Kris away as he barged forward. “Me, me, me. Let me kiss Princess.” He crouched beside Kyungsoo’s head and leaned down, only to be slapped aside by Jongin’s flailing arms. “I will be the one to wake sleeping beauty, bro.” The older twin sneered before the pair proceeded to bicker their heads off and shove at each other’s chest. All these while, neither noticed that Kyungsoo had already been shifted away from them and was currently being tended to by someone else.

 

“I-I’m a pre-med s-student…” A tall lean boy with a head of dark red hair stepped forward and knelt beside Chanyeol, ignoring the latter’s hushed whispers of “Aren’t you that shy stutter kid? The Ohs son?” There was another boy, shorter than the redhead, standing directly behind him. Baekhyun couldn’t help but notice the comforting palm placed on the redhead’s shoulder; the other’s touch seemed to calm him down because he was relaxed and focused on helping Kyungsoo the second after. “You can do it, Hun.” The second boy whispered into the redhead’s ear.

 

“Wait!” Kris shot out his hand, only for the pre-med student to graze it with his lips for he was already leaning down to perform CPR on Kyungsoo. “What the hell are you doing stopping him, Kris? Can’t you see our baby’s dying?” Baekhyun was this close to ripping out his, or rather, Kris’s hair. “But… Can’t you do CPR without kissing Soo? I don’t know… like blow air into him without your lips touching or something?” Baekhyun growled and shoved the redhead forward, whacking the giant on his head, hard. Kris whined. “Just ignore him and save our Soo already.” He demanded.

 

Thank god the pre-med student knew what he was doing for Kyungsoo was coughing out pool water only a couple of seconds on. “You’re alive, Soo!” Chanyeol wailed and wrapped the smaller boy into a tight hug, ignoring Kyungsoo’s protests that he couldn’t breathe again, “I’m so sorry for drowning you! It was only because I was chased by the demon.” Meanwhile, Baekhyun strode over to the still bickering twins who had also started -slapping each other.

 

“Stop it you two!” He knocked both their heads together, eliciting loud groans from the pair of them. “Prince Charming has already saved your precious Princess.” Baekhyun gestured to the redhead and his shorter friend who were now slowly retreating into the crowd, after having rejected Kris and Chanyeol’s kind offers of rewarding them for their efforts. “WHAT?!” Both Jongin and Kai screeched. They eyed each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter