Blues and Naughtiness

Mr. Jeon and I

      So here I was on this semi-perfect day going to receive tutoring from the smartest guy in my class until he cancels and sets me up with Jeon Jungkook, the subject of my unrequited love. What was I supposed to do? He was perusing his computer and sipping his drink all prince-like which made my heart swoon over and over again. But then another thought dawned on me, what if he thinks I'm an idiot for needing tutoring in writing? These mixtures of sentiments battled over dominance and in the end, something brand new took over. That was when he looked at me. And waved. And gestured at me to come over. 

      My feet moved without my permission, towards his table. I tried to stay calm because I knew he wasn't the type to enjoy fangirls' sqeualing and all that nonsense. From what I observed, he seemed to enjoy intimacy rather than extroversion. He was kind of like me in that sense. I sat down and faced Jungkook with heated cheeks and anxiety. I hoped I wouldn't make things awkward, I seemed to be rather good at that. 

      "Hey, Ilyeon." Jungkook smiled. "Sorry for showing up randomly like this, Namjoon called and asked me to sub and teach a special client of his." He eyed me with that mischievous and naughty look of his. 

      "No, it's actually quite alright, I don't mind. You're friends with Namjoon? I would have never guessed that, I mean, I never see you guys around." I inquired. 

      "Oh yeah, I know him from my dance academy. Though personally, I think rapping is his specialty." He answered.

       I nodded. The day was going better than I thought and as he tutored me, he asked me random personal questions which took me by surprise. I was fixing this section of my essay when I felt Jungkook looking at me. I dared to look up and saw that I was right. He smiled, I blushed. 

      "Ilyeon, what's your favorite color?" Jungkook asked. 

       I thought about it. "Dark navy blue. I think it realtes to me the most. The calmness and suaveness of it." I answered. "What about yours?"

      "Red, do you want to guess why?" He asked.

      "Well, um, it's the color of passion. Life would be incredibly dull without it and there would be no purpose to it, I suppose." What was I even talking about. 

       Jungkook nodded. "Yes, that's precisely why I like the color red. I think life is dead without passion and there would be no difference between the two. Ha, you saw right through me, Ilyeon." 

        I blushed his favorite color and tried to quench it down. He kept engendering the rapid beating of my heart and at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a heart attack. Jungkook, he was so different from what I imagined him to be. I guess he was the type to blossom with red hot passion and that image made me fall for him harder. 

        "You're friends with Lee Juna, right? I have a class with her." Jungkook stated.

        "Yes, we've been friends for a couple of years now" I answered, wondering where he wa leading to.

        "You know, I think Namjoon has a little crush on her." He replied.

         My eyes widened. Here we were, each of us holding a little secret that didn't belong to either of us. So Namjoon did like Juna. I suddenly felt very happy for her. I couldn't wait to break the news. 

         "Really? Wow, I never knew Namjoon was the type to have crushes on people and all that." I nonchalantly said. 

         "Yeah, I'm telling you this because I think Lee Juna likes him too." He said. 

          "Yeah, actually she does. But please keep this a secret from Namjoon, I don't think Juna is ready for such a notion yet." I thought about it and I believed it was best to let the two come together on their own. 

          "Yup, I was thinking the same thing. The man has to toughen up now." He smiled, causing the redness to come back.

          I nodded. Time was ticking fast and it was already deep into the evening. Jungkook must have noticed it too because he told me he would me back home. 

           "Gosh, Ilyeon, you do not know the dangers of night." Jungkook said after I declined his offer.

           "No really, I don't want to bother you after you've done so much." I knew I shouldn't expect more. 

           "I wouldn't feel like a proper man then, letting this pretty young lady tread the dangerous streets of night all alone." He insisted. 

            I was caught by surprise and couldn't answer back. Jungkook took the silence as a yes. He led me of the cafe and into the bustling night city. That's what I liked about the city, it was always alive. 

            We walked side by side, his hands brushing against mine occasionally. I wondered if he noticed. I stole furtive glances at Jungkook, still curious about him.

            "So, you and Namjoon best friends, huh?" I asked in a casual manner.

            "He's like a hyung and dongsaeng at the same time. We both dance our butts off and laugh about it. Stuff like that." Jungkook said

             "Then he's kind of like your secret friend."

             "Secret friend."

             "Yeah, a secret friend. Someone who knows you, loves you, teases you; a person who you want to keep secret in your heart because you don't want anyone else to take them away." I answered. 

              Jungkook looked at me with surpise, then he laughed and responded. "You know, you make it sound like I'm in love with Namjoon or something." 

              I shook my head and couldn't help but to laugh as well, out of my own embarassment and his infectious laugh. 

              We finally reached my house and I informed Jungkook. I thanked him and he nodded with his naughty/cute smile. 

              "So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then, Jungkook. Thanks for tutoring me."

              "Don't mention it. Anything for Namjoon's special client. Though she's mine now." 

               I blushed at that comment. I knew he was joking around. He gestured at me to go in and and I waved goodbye, confused. Right before I closed the gates, something stopped it. I opened it in surprise and found Jungkook with a serious tone to his eyes.  

               "Do you want to be my secret friend?"