Jeon Jungkook

Mr. Jeon and I

      Upon returning home, I munched on a quick snack and resumed my studies. English was the most difficult for me but I scored fairly well on all my other subjects. Thank the heavens for letting Najoom become my tutor. I was working on a math problem when I got a text from my best friend, Lee Juna.

       Hey Ilyeon, I heard that you secured Namjoon to become your personal tutor. When did you agree to meet him? When you do, can you deliver this cake I baked for him? Don't tell him it's from me. Gosh, you lucky cookie. I can't believe you got the smartest guy in our grade to become your tutor. Do you think I could join you guys in some off your tutoring sessions? Please say yes, Ilyeon. *-*

      I had forgotten that Juna had a crush on Kim Namjoon. She was more of a shy admirer like me, but at least she had more confidence. I texted her that I'll ask Kim Namjoon and she replied rightaway with a thumbs up. I smiled, I've been thinking about it and I say that they'll make a pretty good couple. I actually shipped them a little. Juna is pretty and fair in complexion, parallel to Namjoon's attractive appearance. And plus, they were both pretty smart people. No doubt, they would share valuable information with each other. 

       My mind returned to Jungkook. Just a few hours ago, something incredibly weird just happened. He looked at me. This has never happened every since the day where he stopped my fall years ago. Was he really looking at me? I had no doubt as his eyes were always piercing, as if they could reveal what is clouding the depths of your mind. I always liked that about Jungkook. I checked the time. It was pretty late and I needed as much sleep as I can get if I was going to study with Namjoon tomorrow. 

       I quickly texted him if it was alright if Juna joined too and he relplied in the positive. I then lay my head down and eventually drifted to sleep with the eccentricities of the day lingering on my mind. 

       As I walked to school early in the morning, I was met by Juna. She nudged me playfully and I told her that Namjoon gave his okay. She quietly squealed and cheered. I clapped sarcastically. We entered into the building and made our way into our classes. Juna had physical education first so she went a separate way while I headed towards my music class. I decided to take another route and headed up the stairs. I reached the door bu to my surprise, it was jammed and didn't open. I tried with all my might until a hand brushed against mine to help with opening the door. I turned to see who it was and was surprised yet again. Jeon Jungkook. My heart quickened. 

        "You know, you should really let the manly men handle scenarios like this." Jungkook said to me while pulling open the door in one swift movement. 

        "Huh? Oh yeah, haha. Hi. Jungkook, right?" I knew his name of course, but I didn't want to make my affection for him obvious. 

         Jungkook nodded, brushing his bangs back. "Jeon Jungkook, year two class 3-2." He put forth his hand for me to shake it. 

         I couldn't believe my luck. Up until yesterday, I felt like I would never get a chance to interact with Jungkook, but here he was. He wanted to exchange official greetings with me. I couldn't mess this up. I must act natural. 

        I took his hand. "Nam Ilyeon, year two class 3-1. Pleased to meet you, Jungkook." I said as nonchalantly as possible. 

        He smiled and opened the door. He gestured for me to enter first and I did while thanking him. My heart was beating so fast, I think I walked in an extremely weird fashion. 

         "So, why are you coming this way? I thought class 3-2 had math first thing in the morning." I inquired. 

         "We do. It's just that today is an exception due to us practicing for the field day." He explained. "Our class decided that we practice early in the morning where everybody is available rather than later in the noon. So we're going to occupy the same room as your class just for today."

          Jungkook kind of lingered at the words "field day." I wonder if that was accendental or intentional? "Wow, I bet your class has made much more progress than mine." 

          "Nah, we barely even started as well." We just sort of went along like this all throughout the duration of the class. Jungkook was the class president of his class so he appointed positions and he also helped with the choreography due to him having a rich background in dancing. We talked during our breaks. Then class ended and he came up to me. 

          "Ilyeon, I guess I'll be seeing you around. Soon, perhaps." He flashed me one of his gorgeous smiles and I managed to utter farewell before we parted ways. 

          I went through the rest of the day in a daze over what happened. I remembered it clearly, Jungkook's hands were warm to the touch. They were soft and fair, unlike my tanned skin. School was finally over and I headed over to the cafe where I was supposed to meet Namjoon. Juna said she couldn't join me because something suddenly came up with her field day practices. I thought that was a pity since she made a cake and all.  The cafe was nearby school so I didn't have to take the bus. Upon entering, I looked for Namjoon and couldn't find him anywhere. My eyes searched and stopped. No, not at the sight of Namjoon, but someone who my heart seemed to recognize faster than my mind.  A text message suddenly sounded on my phone, bringing me back to reality.

         Sorry, Ilyeon. I'm really sorry that I couldn't make it today after I had promised you. My mother needed my assistance at home because she is unwell. I hope you understand. I'll definitely make this up. I sent a substitute for you. He's equally capable so you don't have to worry about his credibility. Thanks, Ilyeon. 

    My eyes went back to Jungkook. He was sipping his drink while looking incredibly handsome. Then his eyes met mine. He smiled and gestured at me to come over. Wait, so Jungkook was my tutor???!