Flower Shops and Sparring

How to Not Die

“Do you not have your own room or something? ” Nari scowled as she sat up, finally able to escape Bobby’s grasp.

“Cheer up, jagi. You didn’t seem so grumpy when you snuggled closer to me in the night. ” Bobby snickered and winked at her as her face flushed a light pink.

“It’s December and it’s cold, okay?” She grumbled embarrassedly. He chuckled and jumped off the bed to get breakfast. Nari looked over at her phone and sighed as she picked it up. When she unlocked it, she was met with a picture of Bobby that she didn’t bother to change back anymore because he would just make her wallpaper his picture again and then it would just cycle over and over again.

She pulled up her photos and scrolled through endless pictures of Bobby. She laughed at the countless amount of selcas that were on her phone. When she reached the very first picture she took on this phone, she smiled contently. It was a picture that Mino snapped when they first had lunch together. Nari wasn’t ready for the sudden selca so she had a surprised expression on her face while Mino smiled widely.She remembered her whining about it for days after he took it but even so,she never deleted it.

“Jagi~ Come out for breakfast!“ When Nari walked out from her bedroom, she saw Junhoe scrunching his face in disgust.

“I hate it as much as much as you do.” Nari muttered as she sat down.

“Wow! You two are actually agreeing on something!” Hanbyul snickered as she entered the kitchen.

“Shut up.” Junhoe said bluntly,mouth full of apple. Hanbyul frowned.

“Excuse you,Mr. Koo. You’re supposed to call me noona. Tell that to Yoyo too.” Junhoe just scoffed.

“Right, I’ve known you for how long now? And also,when have I ever called you noona?” Nari giggled at their silly argument.

“Haneul, why are you still Hanbin’s hoodie?” Hanbyul asked slyly.

“THAT’S WHY SHE SMELLED SO FAMILIAR!” Bobby yelled out. Nari gave him a strange look and Hanbyul giggled.

“Are you seriously that stupid?” Nari gave him a look of mocking concern. She looked at Hanbyul, “Jinhwan oppa, like an idiot I might add, didn’t pack my clothes.”

“Not my fault you have five closets I didn’t want to pack!” Jinhwan yelled out in protest.

Hanbyul gasped. “FIve closets?! Is that an exaggeration or do you seriously have five closets?” Jinhwan gave Hanbyul an exasperated look.

“She seriously has five closets. And she expects tiny, old, me to drag them back here!” Nari giggled and Jinhwan’s expression broke into a happy one. “Nah, I would’ve but I’m not strong enough.” Bobby snickered and Jinhwan looked at him with a glare.

“I just sent Yunhyeong and Chanwoo to bring all her clothes back.” Hanbin said as he walked into the kitchen, bee-lining for a cup of coffee.

“Good, I don’t need her to smell like you when I lay next to her.” Bobby said with a smirk.

“God,he’s still sleeping in your room?” Hanbyul said, exasperated. Nari nodded with a pout.

“Aww~” Bobby said as he went up to pinch her cheeks. Nari quickly smacked his hands away and gave him a glare. “Jagi, you glare at me too much.”

“Stop being an if you want me to stop.” She laughed.

“Be loving towards me if you want me to stop.” Nari scoffed and pushed him away.

“Bobby, that is an impossible task.” Hanbyul said from the side. Bobby turned his head and scowled at her.

I guess this is my life for the next while. Nari thought as she looked around, smiling contently.

+ + +

“KIM HANBIN GET YOUR OVER HERE AND OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!” Hanbyul’s voice rang throughout the house. Nari poked her head into the hallway to see Hanbyul banging her fist on Hanbin’s door.

“What do you want?” Hanbin asked with an annoyed expression plastered over his face.

“Let Haneul go to work.”

“No.” He said bluntly before slamming the door closed.

“OPPA! COME BACK OUT HERE!” The door cracked open a tiny bit. “Let me go with her.” The door opened wider.

“Byul, I don’t even let you outside the house. How does you going help?”

“THEN YOU COME TOO YOU !” Hanbyul screamed out angrily. Hanbin stared at her in shock, seeing how mad she got.

“Fine. Only to make you happy.” Hanbin sighed. Hanbyul pumped her arms in success and she ran over to Nari, high-fiving her. “Aish…” Hanbin scowled at what he had just let happen.

+ + +

“Halmeoni! I’m so sorry that you’ve been waiting for so long!” Nari frantically ran to the back to get the halmeoni’s arrangement.

“Ooh...Haneul-ah,” The halmeoni started, eyeing Hanbin,”Is this your boyfriend? He seems like a very nice boy.” Both Nari and Hanbyul scoffed at her comment.

“I would never date someone so mean, Halmeoni. You have no idea how rude he is! Just a little while ago he didn’t even answer the door! And we made sure we were very loud.” Now it was Hanbin’s turn to scoff.

“I could say the same thing about you, Haneul.” She turned her head to give him a glare.

“Who are you kidding, Haneul? You two are obviously dating by the way you’re arguing.” The halmeoni giggled at the horrified look Nari gave her.

“Aigoo, Halmeoni, aren’t you getting late?” The halmeoni looked at her watch and opened in shock.

“I give you two my blessing! Good bye!” She blew Nari a kiss and ran out the shop. The moment the door closed, Hanbyul burst out laughing and received odd looks from Hanbin and Nari.

“You two would be a cute couple.” Hanbyul said as she pushed the two people next to each other. “I think that halmeoni is on to something.” She said with a giggle. Nari squirmed out of Hanbyul’s grasp and Hanbin scrunched his face up in disgust.

“Nari!” Nari looked up to see Mino bursting into the shop with a joyful look on his face. Nari on the other hand, was mortified.

“O-Oppa! What are you d-doing here?” She asked nervously, ignoring the sceptical looks she received from the twins.

“Well, I just haven’t seen you at-” She quickly kicked his leg from under the counter and he winced in pain. After a bit of an awkward silence, Hanbin stepped forward with a questioning look.

“Why did you call her Nari?”

“Because Haneul is just a name she goes by.” Mino played it off coolly, like a professional actor.

“Really.” Hanbin said, the suspicious look never leaving his face. Mino nodded casually and Hanbin backed off, obviously not believing any of it.

“Mino oppa, shouldn’t you get back to the station before the chief yells at you?” Nari asked worriedly. Mino chuckled at her absurdity.

“The chief is gone, she hasn’t come to work for a few days.” Nari’s brows furrowed before realizing what he meant. Of course the chief hasn’t come to work when the chief was her! “Also, I need an arrangement made for the 15th.” He smiled.

“Who are they for?” She asked, secretly hoping it wasn’t for an interest.

“Someone special.” He winked at her and she felt her heartbeat picking up.

“Ick, stop with the lovey-dovey stuff before I retch.” Hanbin said with a gag.

“Ignore him.” She scowled, barely ignoring the temptation to go up to him and slit his neck. Mino just returned her scowl with a smile and walked out of the shop.

“Is he ‘Sweet Oppa’?” Hanbin barked, breaking her out of her trance with the door.

“What? O-Oh, yeah…” She mumbled shyly.

“Ooooooh is he your boyfriend?” Hanbyul squealed with delight as her brother gave her a pointed look. “What? Are you jealous or something?” Hanbyul smirked.

“Why the hell does everyone say that?” Hanbin asked, annoyance clear in his voice.

“Maybe if your jaw wasn’t clenched every damn time she talks to the other gender and you didn’t blush every time you’re in a ten feet distance of her maybe no one would say that!” Hanbin’s eyes widened in surprised and Nari’s face flushed before she looked over at the arrangements to her right.

“I-I do that?” Hanbin’s face was turning pinker by the second.

“Yes, you pabo. You do that.” Hanbyul groaned at the idiocy of her brother and total unawareness from her friend. Nari immediately distracted herself by helping with the new customer that walked in and Hanbin had to go make a “call”. Hanbyul sighed and walked outside to stand next to her brother.

“You know, you’ve lived twenty-two years without a single damned love interest.” Hanbin looked over at his sister and scoffed.

“Not like you can say your life is any different.” He countered with a knowing look.

“Not like you would’ve let me date anyone anyways. Hanbin, you’re five minutes older than me and you act like you’re my father.” For once, he thoroughly looked at his sister’s face. She was a gorgeous girl and could get a husband in .2 seconds, but when the only guys she  has encountered are the creepy, drunk, s at bars when they go to clean up, of course he would be protective. How would she know who she really loves? But then again, how would he know?

+ + +

“What the hell do you want?”

“Yeesh, are you reading a damn script? Or is your vocabulary so limited you aren’t able to say anything different? It’s definitely the second one.” Nari laughed at her own jokes while Hanbin just stared at her impatiently.

“Do you need something or can you get out of my space?” Nari looked up at Hanbin with a glower.

“Everyone left, I’m bored, and I can’t find anything to do.” She said plainly.

“Go talk to your boyfriend or something, just stay away from me.”

“One, he’s not my boyfriend, two,I tried to but he didn’t pick up.” She shrugged her shoulders helplessly.

“Why didn’t you go with one of the others?”

“They wanted me to stay here.” Hanbin’s face scrunched in confusion. Pausing for a second, he tried to think of something else to keep her away. But nothing came.

“What do you want to do?” Hanbin asked with a defeated tone.

“Do you have something like a punching bag?” Nari said with an excited voice.

“What? Uh, the gym is in the basement.” Hanbin looked at her oddly. Within seconds she was gone and rushing to the basement. Trailing a few feet behind her, he watched as she put on the gloves and started throwing powerful punches at the bag. She must have done it as a kid or something. He thought while still staring at her. After a few minutes of silence, she snapped her head up.

“Do you need something or are you gonna stare at me for an hour?”

“Uh, I… Where did you learn to box?” He blurted out. Nari straightened her posture and wiped the sweat starting to form on her forehead.

“I learned from my parents. They were in the force and thought I needed to practice from a young age.” She said casually, wanting to see what his reaction was. His expression turned guarded and his stance became stiffer.

“They were cops?” She nodded her head as she turned back around to the punching bag.

“Detectives, dealt with gangs and drug rings and stuff.” She looked over at his frozen features and inwardly chuckled.

“How much were they involved in gangs?” He asked, voice filled with caution.

“Well, when they were still around they caught a lot I think, I wasn’t really that interested so I don’t really know.” She shrugged nonchalantly. Seeing his face, Nari knew her lying skills were working. Of course she knew they were completely submerged into gangs. They caught gangs old and new; H.O.T., Shinhwa, Turbo, Beast, Brown Eyed Girls, and Untouchable, just to name a few.

“O-Oh, they passed away?” Her expression softened and she nodded.

“Six years ago.” She whispered, “They left for work and became involved in a mass shooting. The bodies were missing and so was the shooter.” Nari was on the brink of tears before she realized where she was and who she was with. She blinked them back and looked at Hanbin for a second before she spat out, “Spar with me.” He looked up at her with furrowed brows. “And don’t hold back because I’m a girl.” She smirked.

He still said nothing before spinning on his heels and climbing the stairs. Nari’s jaw dropped and she ran up the stairs to see where he was going. He entered his bedroom and a few moments later came out in workout clothes. Nari rushed to her own bedroom and changed into a sports bra and leggings and excitedly ran back down the stairs.

She immediately pinned Hanbin down and pressed her knee into his stomach. His shocked expression stared back at her. A split second later, he twisted her around and then he was on top of her. She pressed onto the pressure point on the elbow and slipped out of his grasp. This continued for thirty minutes, neither person could get the other into a position where they were vulnerable. They always had a way out, Nari was agile while Hanbin used his strength. Soon enough they collapsed onto the mat, both completely out of breath.

“GUYS WE’RE HOME~” Bobby yelled from the front door. It seemed like he went around the house looking for them because after a few seconds, he looked down the stairs to see the two laying on the floor, really ing close to each other. “HANBIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY PRECIOUS JAGIYA?” Bobby screeched. Both of them jumped to their feet and wiped the sweat off of their faces.

“We were sparring.” Nari panted. She walked up the stairs and tried to pass by Bobby to see what they got from the grocery store before he pulled her into a hug.

“I’m glad Hanbin didn’t kill you, jagi. I would have missed you.” He cooed. She quickly punched him in the stomach and got him to let go and instead clutch his stomach in pain.

“Your ‘precious jagiya’ can box, man.” Hanbin chuckled as he walked past his best friend who was on the floor writhing in pain.

“Who’s the weak one now?” Jinhwan mocked joyfully as he walked through the front door, just witnessing what happened.

“I HATE ALL OF YOU!” Bobby managed to scream out through his pained wails.

“I thought you loved me!” Nari turned around with her hands on her hips, fake hurt on her face. Bobby immediately jumped up and wrapped his arms around her waist in a pleading manner. “Aish, so petty.” She scolded as she plucked his arms off of her. He looked down at her with a pout and moped on his way to the kitchen.