Do Not Call Her That

How to Not Die

“Thank you,miss.” Donghyuk bowed as I set down the bowl of soup.I smiled softly before I looked up to see Hanbin’s irritated expression.

“Would you like something?” I asked with a sneer.He shot a look at Donghyuk before turning around and out the door.I looked over at Donghyuk to see him sighing at the sight.”Is there something wrong,Donghyuk?” His attention snapped over to me and and he awkwardly laughed.

“Nothing,miss.” He took another sip of the soup.

“Rest for a bit,Donghyuk.Those wounds need to heal.” I stood up and walked to the door.Opening it,I saw Hanbin waiting outside.

“Where is Donghyuk?” His annoyed tone evident.I stared at him with many different feelings.Disbelief,anger,irritation.I have tried to capture this man for years,and now he just shows up at my door.

“Inside.Resting.The guy almost got killed and you want him to do something more than even moving?” I kept my voice low in case the person of topic was listening.Hanbin gave me a murderous look and opened his mouth to say something before getting interrupted by a call.I shot him a sneer before going back inside.

I found that Donghyuk had finished his soup and was snoring softly on the couch,bundled up in blankets.How does such a sweet guy know such a bastardization of a person?Is Donghyuk in iKON?It can’t be...He wouldn’t have gotten so hurt in a fight.

The door opened again and Hanbin walked in.He walked over to Donghyuk and nudged his shoulder gently.Wow,didn’t know Hanbin could be gentle.Donghyuk fluttered his eyes open and Hanbin whispered something to him.Donghyuk whispered something back and Hanbin’s expression hardened.He said something through clenched teeth but Donghyuk continued and it seemed like he was basically begging Hanbin.Donghyuk sat up and turned his attention to me and he sent me a small smile.

“Miss?” He called softly.

“Yes,Donghyuk?Do you need something?” He nodded and stood up to stand in front of me.

“Would you please come with us?” My brows furrowed into a confused expression and I asked Donghyuk why I would need to. “Those men earlier,they aren’t some common thug.They saw you almost kill me,they won’t let you go so easily.” Ha,if only he knew.But,this might let me collect insider information,why not?I nodded and his expression turned bright.

+ + +

I entered the back seat of a Mercedes-Benz with darkly tinted windows.As we took off,the car stayed dead silent.

Earlier a tall guy had come out to rush us and decided that I wasn’t capable to head to a car without hurting myself.In my own neighborhood.Then he rudely dragged me to the car.Well with a broken nose.I won’t have to pay his medical bill right?

What was his name again?Junhan?Junhoo?Maybe Junhwa.Whatever.Looking out the window,all I saw was forest.A ton of forest.Oh yeah and some rocks.What?I was about to ask where we were headed when Junhwa started to talk about someone named Yunhyeong needing new cherry lip balm.Okay then...Guess who’s keeping quiet.

“Miss?” I hummed half-heartedly in answer. “Who is ‘Sweet Oppa’?” My expression went blank and I could feel my cheeks heat up.Thank the lord for the midnight darkness.

“A friend?”

“He just asked you if you’re free.” What the hell...It’s midnight.

“Tell him no.” Hanbin spoke from the driver’s seat.Why the is he answering this?

“Excuse me?” I was frowning in his direction but he didn’t take his attention off the road.Well at least he cares about our safety.I think.

“You’re not free.At least for a few weeks too.You’re staying with us.” My jaw slacked in disbelief.

“But I have a job!” A demanding one at that!Being a detective is hard enough.Being gone for a few hours is difficult to do.Forget weeks.

“We’ll talk to your boss.” He called nonchalantly.

“But I can’t leave it for long.” I muttered in anger.Hanbin ignored my comment and started to talk to Junhwa.

“Hey Junhoe,you think Yunhyeong will get mad if we don’t get the thing tonight?” Oh.Junhoe.Right…

“Miss-”

“Donghyuk?You’re younger than me right?” He nodded with a blank expression. “Call me noona.” I grinned.With a shy smile,his head dipped in response.

“N-Noona?” I hummed joyfully.”He texted you again.”

“Is he drunk or something?” I sighed tiredly.Mino goes to bed at like eight pm (because he’s a god damn hermit) so he wouldn’t be texting me at midnight unless he was out drinking.Hanbin looked at me through the rear-view mirror with an undecipherable expression.I frowned as I looked down at my phone.

+ + +

“Hyung!” Donghyuk called out to the person standing in the driveway of their house.Mansion.Yeah,you couldn’t call something of that scale a house.The figure waved back excitedly.

“DID YOU GET MY LIP BALM?!?!” He screamed out.Uh,guess that’s Yunhyeong...Donghyuk stopped walking suddenly and rubbed the nape of his neck while laughing nervously.

“N-No,hyung.” I looked between the two with confusion before Junhoe pulled me away.

“Yunhyeong,hyung...We didn’t have time to get your lip balm.” Junhoe said as he shushed me rushedly.”Get in the house before he blows up.” He whispered to me and pushed me to the door.

“But you had time to get a little toy?” I heard from behind me.I snapped around quickly and stomped up to him and was about to ing uppercut this little-

“Do not call her that.” A strained voice came from the front door.I turned around to see a surprisingly familiar face.My eyes widened in shock when I fully recognized who it was.

“Ch-Chanwoo?”

“H-hi,noona.” A corner of his lip lifted in an awkward smile.

“How do you know her,Chanwoo?” Hanbin walked over with his hands stuffed in his coat pockets.Chanwoo looked at Hanbin with a few signs of fear and I could practically feel it radiating off of him.

“She owns at the flower shop I get the magnolias from,hyung.” Damnit Chanwoo.He just blew my cover!Hanbin eyed me but didn’t say anything and walked in.

When he left,I rushed up to Chanwoo and gave him a tight hug.I haven’t seen him in what⎼like three weeks since he ran out of the shop?I pulled back to look him over.The bruises had lightened up,his hands looked healed,and his waist looked fine.But the gash,oh god,that gash.It’ll hurt every time I see it and seeing my situation now,I’d see it a lot.

“Are you done?” Yunhyeong asked.When I looked over,Donghyuk had slapped his hand over Yunhyeong’s mouth in anger,but smiled sweetly when he noticed I was looking.

“I’ll say sorry for Yunhyeong hyung.He gets pretty rude when he doesn’t have his lip balm.” Chanwoo said.I almost burst out laughing at “pretty” rude.THE GUY CALLED ME A ING TOY.

“Calling me a toy is ‘pretty’ rude?”I asked quietly.

“Yeah,why the hell did you call her that?” Junhoe asked Yunhyeong.

“Did I say that?”He gasped and looked at me with a genuinely shocked and confused expression.I stared at him with my mouth agape.Psh,this guy thinks I’m a and forgot what he called me?

“Seriously,hyung?You forgot already?THIS IS LIKE THE THIRD TIME TODAY YOU FORGOT SOMETHING IN LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES!” Donghyuk yelled at Yunhyeong.What the hell?

   “Right.No one has told you that Yunhyeong hyung doesn’t remember anything.” Chanwoo said with a sigh.I scoffed in disbelief at the dysfunctionality of this household,my god.They have a forgetful ,a complete douchebag,two innocent dongsaengs trying to keep everything together,and a cold leader.Nothing could make this situation worse.

+ + +

Spoke way too ing soon.I sat with a blank expression while I watched Hanbyul,Hanbin’s sweet twin sister,rush around trying to get a room together for me while cussing out Hanbin⎼wait,I just contradicted myself.The girl is sweet to me and the younger ones,well except Junhoe.Damn this doesn’t make sense.

“Yunhyeong hyung!Where’s Bobby hyung?” Donghyuk yelled from the hall.

“He went out!I don’t know where he went though!” Yunhyeong answered back.

“Um,Hanbyul unni?” I softly called when Hanbyul came back to the living room.

“Nae?Would you like a drink?” She asked politely.I shook my head.”Are you hungry?If you need anything please tell me!” She smiled.

“How long am I staying?”

“Uhhh…HANBIN OPPA?!” She screamed out.

“Why the hell are you screaming,I’m ten feet away.” When I looked over,Hanbin was standing in the kitchen with a miserable look on his face.

“How long is Haneul gonna stay here?”

“I don’t ing know,ask Donghyuk,it was his idea anyways.But she’s not staying anymore than she absolutely needs to.At that point she’d be a freeloader.” I looked at him with a glare.Who the hell does this guy think I am?

“She’ll stay until she’s completely safe.” Donghyuk said as he walked into the living room with clothes that aren’t drenched in blood.You have no idea how much the twins yelled at him when he walked in.Hanbyul,seeing his state for the first time,freaked out especially.She checked all of his wounds and forced him to take a shower immediately and change into different clothes.Hanbin had kept his words in earlier since Donghyuk was healing but when Donghyuk entered the house,he had exploded and yelled at Donghyuk for losing so easily in a fight and not carrying a knife with him at this hour in the night.

“And when’s that gonna be?” I asked.

“Uhh…I don’t know,sorry noona,but we’ll have to figure this out later.”


OMFG UGH OKAY SO SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE FOR WHAT LIKE TWO MONTHS?!Okay so after the first chap I got MAJOR writer's block even though I had the plot.And then exams and act testing so the stress is killing me.But,I'm back and the last day of school is in two days,so I WILL be back for good :) promise <3

oh yeah I'm changing the pov to third person it's kinda just the way I write naturally so yeah