Genius Leader :)

How to Not Die

1st Person

“Nari?Are you still here?” Mino asked as he poked his head through the door of my office.I looked up from the papers I had scattered across my desk.I smiled at his worried expression and felt a slight blush creep onto my cheeks that I quickly hid.This was a daily occurrence but it seemed like my brain couldn’t register that.

“Ne,Mino-ssi.I am still here,like I always am.” I responded in a sarcastic way and he chuckled as he walked into my office.

“You need to go home,Nari.It’s late.” I sighed before turning my attention back to my papers.He frowned at me ignoring his order before walking up to my desk.He grabbed my coat and my purse,then took my hand and dragged me out the door.As we entered the elevator,he realized that he was still holding my hand and embarressedly dropped it.

“You really want me to go home,huh?” I laughed gingerly as I put on the coat and took my bag back.I thought I saw a pinkish hue on his cheeks,but I shook the thought off as I heard the ding for the elevator.We exited and stepped out into the early December cold.

“Thank you for caring for me Mino.” I grinned.He returned a soft smile.We exchanged our goodbyes and I turned around to leave,flush settling on my face,and maybe not because of the cold.

+ + +

“The arsonist’s hearing is to be conducted tomorrow,the child murder case has been resolved,we have a new case about a stalker,” As the assistant continued to read more daily updates,I was sipping on a mug of hot coffee,only stopping for a moment when she mentioned a certain name,”and no new updates on iKON nor your parents,miss.”

I sighed and placed the mug down onto my desk.iKON was an elite underground gang who have been under the radar for years.I have been chasing after them ever since I became a detective.They are suspected for countless murders,and possibly the travel of drugs.Playing many different personalities,no one knows what their actual names are.Hell,most of the criminal world doesn’t know who they actually are.For now,the only confirmed member is the leader;Kim Hanbin.My eyes trailed over to the worn file.I analyze the file practically everyday,hoping that those few hours of sleep would make me see something new.But now,I know the papers front and back,word for word.Tiredly,I opened the file up and looked at the picture inside.It was a photo I had stolen from another gang.One I infiltrated.Block B,I think was the name.In the photo,Hanbin was wearing a crisp suit,hair clean cut,it was weird.He was quite handsome.

+ + +

3rd Person

“Noona!” A younger boy cheerfully called out.Nari didn’t look up from her phone where she was playing game and she smiled as she registered the familiar voice.

“Chanu-ah,I’m only a year older than you.” He suddenly stopped and frowned.She let out a cute laugh and Chanwoo’s expression melted into the bubbly expression she had grown to love. “Will you ever tell me who these magnolias are for?” A sly smirk spreading onto her lips as she turned around to grab the vase of flowers.

“Ani,Haneul noona.”  She jokingly pouted and his smile grew wide.Song Haneul.Even after so many years,Nari still loved the ring to it.The name was given to her by her former boss,Yongnam.Bang Yongnam.She’d always had a respect for him;he was a powerful voice,keeping control over his employees,all while making you feel like he was your best friend.

Although he was only twenty-eight,he decided to step down and let Nari take over.But Nari knew,it had to be something with that god damn twin of his.Yongguk.She never really like Yongguk,he was extremely private and rarely talked.And he always seemed like he was hiding something.Nari let it go though,assuming the role of commissioner.

She took up many jobs for cover,and for the past three years,she had been working as a florist,at her own floral shop.It was kind of her get-a-way from her real job.She had many regular customers,one of which was the twenty year old in front of her.

Jung Chanwoo was someone who made you want to take care of him,even if he’s twenty.And even though Nari was only a year older than him(but fifteen cm shorter),she still felt like a mother(as weird as that sounds).

She held the vase out for Chanwoo to take before she took in his appearance.Dark purple bruises sprinkled on his skin,hands wrapped in heavy bandages,and you could see his waist was wrapped with layers upon layers of reddened gauze through his shirt.Worst of all,the thick gash that was lined with stitches,starting from the edge of his brow,and disappearing under his shirt.She dropped the vase in shock,tiny pearls of glass starting to develop at the corners of her eyes.His eyes widened as he rushed over to help her and pick up the broken shards of glass.

“Noona!What happened?!” He asked worriedly as he tenderly moved her to the side,away from the sharp glass at her feet.When she didn’t answer,he looked up to see tears rolling down her face.He stood up and gave her a bear hug,

“Yah...I’m not the one who looks like he went through hell and back.What happened to you?!” Her voice strained.

“I-I fell.” She pulled away from the hug and looked up at him with a glare.Well,the most threatening glare she could muster with a tear drenched face.

“No one gets such bad bruises or ing gashes on both their face and waist from a simple fall,Chanu-ah.”He guiltily looked away and rubbed the nape of his neck. “What happened?Tell me Chanu-ah.” She looked at him with a mixed expression;sad,disappointed,encouraging.

“I can’t tell you,noona.At least not now.” He paused for a second before rushing out of the shop.Leaving her sitting there,confused.

+ + +

1st Person

I was walking home in the dead of night.There wasn’t a single car around,the only light were the lamp posts.And even then,they were flickering on and off.I seriously shouldn’t have been out but I couldn’t catch a cab;they were all gone,probably home asleep.

I’d spent my hours at the office.Working.Just like how Mino didn’t want me to.

I was walking in the inner streets,when I heard faint cries of pain from an alleyway a few metres ahead.I ran up to the alleyway and poked my head in.What I saw was a guy who was about my age who was being battered by two men.Damn,he looks like a ing beagle.Wait a sec-THAT’S A KNIFE,OKAY,TIME TO STEP IN.

“Go home,girly.You never saw us.” One of the men snarled at me.I shot him a murderous look and reached out and quickly twisted both of the men’s arms around their backs.

“Go home,burly.You never want to see me.” I sneered.The other man let out a sarcastic chuckle and I only twisted their arms further,making both men scream out in pain.Two men who had to be at least 180 cm,couldn’t overpower a 165 cm,twenty-one year old,chick.Then again this 165 cm,twenty-one year old was a professionally trained fighter,but we’ll just ignore that for now.

When they ran off,I rushed up to the guy,now unconscious,and checked for injuries.His hair was matted with dried blood and his shirt was drenched with it.Slowly lifting him up,I silently thanked the heavens for the fact that we were close to my apartment.I let out a soft grunt,but continued to drag him home,with his arm slung around my shoulder.

Opening the door to my apartment,I softly dropped him onto my couch and left to go find medical supplies.I raised his shirt up to find a large gash up the side of his torso.Cleaning his wound and stitching it up,I went to go make food for when he woke up.

Ding!

I turned to the sound.

Ding!

Ding!Ding!Ding!

I looked over at the mound on the couch.I padded up to him and carefully reached for his phone.

Twenty-two messages from ‘Genius Leader :)’

Genius Leader :)

08:37-dongdong!

09:04-yah,dongdong!answer

09:26-...

10:11-why are you ignoring me?

10:28-answer!

10:53-you’re gonna be in trouble if you don’t answer

10:59-is your phone dead or something?

11:15-are you okay?

11:18-did you get in a fight?

11:19-dongdong?

11:19-are you okay?

11:20-answer!

Genius Leader :) is typing…

Damn,this guy is worried…

11:21-hi,you’re friend is fine,but you need to come

pick him up.now.he was being beat up,bad.he

probably would’ve died if i didn’t stitch his wounds.

11:22-who are you?and why do you have

donghyuk’s phone?

11:24-i told you,he was getting thrown around like

a god damn rag doll.my name is haneul and you

should be thankful i didn’t continue on my merry

little way home.

After a few minutes of anger filled messaging later,the doorbell rang throughout my home.I reached for the door handle,and opened the door.Whoever was on the other side was gonna get a piece of my mi-

He-He was right there.Right.There.Right.There.In.My.Doorway.Kim.Mother ing.Hanbin.

 


If you have not already,please check the update in the foreword.Sorry the chapter is so short,I guess I cut out a lot since the other one was around eighteen hundred while this one is only about fifteen hundred :/.Anyways,hope you like the chapter!Love you <3