Story 1: A Day Baby Sitting Lee Hani

LEE SIBLINGS

SEUNGRI'S POV

"Son, your father and I will be out for a while. Please take good care of your little sister Hani. Your dinner is already prepared in the dining table. Please do not open the stove, arasso? If there is anything urgent, call you auntie living downstairs." Eomma said as she is fixing her bag. 

Abeoji is already parking area. My dongsaeng Hani is still sleeping.

Eomma and appa will be visiting a friend confined in the hospital. Obviously, we cannot tag along because it is not safe for kids to go in a hospital. Specially that my sister has a weak immune system.

"And please, refrain from bullying her. I want to see you both in one piece when I get back." She said as she patted my head. "Eomma is going. Take care! Call me if you need me."

And she is out. I took a deep breath and sat on our living room. 

I don't want to wake up yet but mom said I needed to. I heard the door open and my little sister came out looking sad.

"Eomma eodiso?" She asked as she sat beside me.

"They left. They needed to visit their friend in the hospital remember?" I said.

"How can they leave two kids here?" She asked surprised.

"I don't understand too." I said as I continued to watch TV. She really thinks and talks like an adult.

She is 8 and I am 10. Unlike me, she loves to study.

"Oppa, I am hungry." She pouted and tuck the sleeves of my shirt.

I smiled at her.

Yes she may be annoying, but she is my only sister. 

"Food is on the table. Come on! Let's eat. I am also starving." 

 

AFTER DINNER

"Oppa, my friends would like to meet you after class." Hani said as she washes the dishes.

"Wae?" I asked. This is not unsual anymore. I am pretty famous in the neighborhood.

"Well, they wanted to see you because they like you." She said annoyed.

"Wae?" I asked. Uninterested.

She threw me bubles.

"Yah!" I said and went to her.

"Say sorry!" I demanded.

"No! You teased me first." She said as she ignored me.

"What? I didn't do anything to you." I said annoyed.

"You do not want to talk to me!" She shouted.

"Why are you shouting?" 

"Because I hate you!"

"I don't like you too!" 

"What?" She threw me more bubles and there started our fight.

 

"What the hell is happening here?" 

We both stopped pulling out each other's hair the moment we heard mom's loud voice.

"Eomma it is her fault!"

"Eomma it is oppa's fault."

Both of us said at the same time.

"You! Both of you. Clean this mess up and go to the living room." She said sternly as she walked out.

"Yah! Lee Hani! Look at what you've done." I hissed.

"Not my fault. Merong!" She said and she walked out.

I was left to clean the mess. Annoyed.

Suddenly, she popped back and handed me a candy before leaving again.

I smiled to myself. All of my anger gone.

Hani is not vocal by words. She wouldn't she she loves me, or she hates me or if she is sorry. But she does it well with actions. 

 

LATER THAT EVENING

"Oppa, some girls are bullying me in the class." 

I sat on her bed and looked at her closely.

"What? Why would they do that?" I asked worriedly.

"They said I am ugly. And fat. And that I do not deserve to be your sister." She said sadly.

Hani is chubby but she is very beautiful. She is kind and very much intelligent.

"Do not fight with them Hani-yah. Remember that it is you who oppa loves so much. Arraso?" I said as I patted her head.

She nodded up and down excitedly.

"Okay, shall I sing a song to make you sleep?" I asked sweetly.

"Please!!!" She said with her puppy eyes.

I sang her a song until she is completely asleep.

The next morning, I went to school a bit earlier and went straight to the teacher's lounge. 

I complained about the bullying that Hani receives to her homeroom teacher. 

I don't want those girls to get away after what they did to my only dongsaeng.

Hani, eventhough we are on a love-hate relationship is my only sibling and is my first playmate and friend. As an oppa, I want to do my best to protect her.

Because she is my dongsaeng.

And I am her only oppa.