Confirmed

Excuse me?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lies."

The word felt odd in his mouth. Minho stared back at his ... his ... father. 

"All of it. Lies. It was lies!!" he ended up screaming. His fists were clenched, and he was breathing heavily. 

How could he? He ... was he no matter to him? Was he just a tool? 

His father stood. His men watched on, their faces a mask. Minho felt a twinge of guilt - what if they did something to his siblings?

His father slowly walked up to him, and stood, towering over him. He wasn't drunk. Minho thought that he wished that his father was drunk - he didn't mean things when he was drunk.

But now - there was nothing to stop him. He was clear, cold, harsh. 

Everything was clear now.

Minho stared up at him. "You lied about my mother. About everything."

His father nodded. He glared at his son, seemingly fustrated when he didn't flinch. 

"And so?"

"So? So?! How could you do this? I don't even know who everyone is, who to trust, and now ... now ... I know what you are, wht you can do ... after all this time ... and what about -"

"Are you going to keep on ranting, young man?" Kandong stared at his son. 

Minho glared at him, forcing down the swell of fear inside him. "You ... you're part of the gang, aren't you?" he said.

Kandong cocked his head to the side, laughing mirthlessly. "Took you long enough. I expected better from my ..." he stopped, glaring at him "... excuse for a son"

Minho shook his head. "You are the leader of the Geo-eun dangeom. The Black Dagger. The ... how ... it's the most wanted mafia group in the world, appa. How -"

His words were cut off when Kandong landed a punch on his face. Minho staggered backwards, stars circling his vision. He cupped his cheek, and attempted to straighten. His father was now snarling. His face was dark, merciless - nothing like he had ever seen before.

"You don't get to call me your father. You are nothing to me. Understand? NOTHING!" he shouted. Minho blanched slightly. Oh gods ...

Kandong lunged again, and Minho stepped to the side, expecting his father to miss. What he didn't know was that his father ... undoubtably so ... wasn't the leader of the Geo-eun dangeom for nothing. His father's hand lashed out, quick as a snake, grabbing his son by the neck. Minho's eyes widened, and the two if them fell to the floor, and the five other men leapt forwards too.

*At Ji Hyo's house*

Shouts broke out, and footsteps were heard charging donw the hallways, up the garden, everywhere. Chaos. 

They were here.

Ji Hyo stood still for a moment, terrified, as memories started to rush back to her. 

"No - please, I'll do anything -"
"Never you must, do this if any -"
"Come, now, you will never escape -"
"What are you, you pathetic excuse for a -"

"Noona! Noona, they're here!!" Joong Ki desperately shook his sister's shoulder, and Ji Hyo snapped back to life, forcing the memories out of her mind. She felt herself tense up, and her life-long training kicked in.

He held up the gun with one hand, gripping Joong Ki's hand in the other, and slipped outside. She took in a deep breath. Turning to Joong Ki, she said, "When I say go, you will run as fast as you can to the street. Remember your training.Keep to the shadows, and get help. Alright?"

Joong Ki nodded, but his eyes were wide with fear, glimmering with unshed tears. "But what about you, noona?" he whimpered. His knuckles were white on the baton.

"Dont worry. I'll be alright." She smiled gently. She quickly gave him a peck on the forehead, before slipping into the garden, under the cover of darkness. Torches were already sweeping the house, in the upstairs windows. She saw a shadow on the garden path. she breathed out slightly. Held the torch under her trembling finers.

For my mother.

She flicked it on and at the same time, threw it as hard as she could towards the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter