Rescue mission (P2)

Excuse me?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri glanced around, pressing the cold shoulder of the rifle into her chest as she stood still in the near darkness of the kitchen - or wha t must have been a kitchen. The whole place was covered in a fine layer of dust. She doubted anyone used it often.

But she had other things on her mind - there was a strange feeling in her chest, as if something heavy was sitting at the bottom, pulling down. She knew that this was her highly trained instincts, telling her that something was wrong. 

Very wrong.

She spared a micro-glance up towards where she had last seen Ji Hyo and Luhan disappear into the air vents, leaving her to guard and scout the area. TIf all was smooth going, they should have almost arrived to the loft of the building, where she suspected the son ... Minho? ... 's sister was being held a captive.

Why were they going on this death mission again for the son of the ultimate enemy ... Yuri sighed. After all, she couldn't resist the request of her long-lost "sister". And Ji Hyo most certainly knew that.

Sneaky girl.

She let a small sigh escape her lips as she shifted uncertainly. The feeling was growing stronger, almost creeping up now, screaming at her to move, but where to, what was wrong, so desperately wrong that she felt like everything was pulling at her -

Then she heard the scream.

Her eyes widened, instantly recognizing Luhan's voice.

. - she looked up at the camera lenses, still faintly dimmed with the wires she had pulled to make it freeze.

that.

She spun around and started running.

There was no way she was ever going to lose one of her only family she had left ever again.

*Ji Hyo POV*

The further I crawled, the more my heart tore. 

My everything was screaming at me to run back and save Luhan from ... from whatever was happening to him but if she did that ... she knew him. He would most likely shoo her away because he knew that she was the one who came here to do something and slowing or even stopping the plan from being carried out was not part of the things that he wanted to do. 

Damnit Luhan ... I shook my head and finally slipped through a curve and flattened myself instantly as I saw the grill. It was a grill - to the air vent of the room. 

It could be the one I was looking for.

But it also could not.

I held my breath, then ducked down and stared through the grill, my hands poised to push my away if anything happened. 

But it was nothing. I found myself face to face with darkness. Was it empty? Was it even a room? Yes, it was - I saw the faint outline of the door in light, just to the right. That meant ... I did the quick maths in my head. The room wasn't at all that big. It was pretty small, actually.

 

Like a prison.

 

Prison.

 

What could be the worst that could happen? I told myself, and pulled out a small torch from my pocket, and holding my breath, flicked it on so it shined down at the room below.

 

And came in view to a pair of large, brown eyes shining back at me in the darkness, fear and shock reflected in them. I jer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter