Loved and loving

Excuse me?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho crept away from the house, sticking to the shadows of the street walls. He his lips nervously. Bad position to be attcked ...

He'd left the gun with Ji Hyo and Joong Ki at Sooyoung's - they were going to need it if they were attacked.

He stopped and looked back over his shoulder, a sudden turmoil of worry building up inside him. Should he leave them unguarded?

He shook his head to himself and carried on. Step after step, he noiselessly walked across the streets, blending into the shadows in his black leather jacket and trousers. Every now and then, he stopped, straining his ears to pick out any unusual sounds. Nothing.

Soon, he arrived at his destination - the park. he looked around nervously, suddenyl aware of the blood roariing in his ears, his heart thumping so loudly in his chest he thought it might give him away. He grimaced, staring at the park. Too exposed - why did they even agree on this, again?

The sky was still dark, stars scattered across the blanket of black velvet. Not time yet, he wasn't there.

Minho settled himself down the the brush and waited.

*Ji Hyo POV*

There was a small squeak, and I jerked awake immeadiately. Staring wildy through the gloom, I immeadiately sensed that soomething was wrong. I strained my eyes, trying to adjust to the darkness.

There it was, again. That squeak.

Mouse?

I felt my heart thudding in my chest, and I held my breath, my hand hovering over the gun. 

Wait - the gun?

Minho was supposed to have that -

Minho. 

I sat up, my chest feeling constricted suddenly. Where was he? I looked at the stairs, and saw a shadow creeping down. I relaxed. 

I forgot she used to do that.

"Ji Hyo?" Sooyoung whispered, evidently surprised. "What are you doing awake?"

I shook my head. "Sorry, I heard you and thought ..." I looked at the corner of the room, my eyes adusted to darkness, and my breath hitched. "Where's Minho?"

Sooyoung pulled out a torch, and flicked it on. Nearby, Joong Ki awoke, disturbed by the light, and said in a sleepy voice, "What's wrong, noonas?"

"Joong Ki, did you see Minho go out?" I asked him. Joong Ki blinked, then jerked awake. "Wait ... Minho hyung is ..." he looked around, his eyes wide.

Sooyoung looked at them from the door. "Guys, look," she whispered. "The bolts are undone. He went out."

I felt my heart stop.

Joong Ki clamped a hand over his mouth. "Uh-oh," he said. 

*No-one's POV*

Ji Hyo paled, though it was not visible enough in the dim light cast by the torch in Sooyoung's hand. Joong Ki stopped, then stared at Sooyoung through suspicious eyes. "Wait, why are you down here?"

"Came down for a cup of water," Sooyoung shrugged. Ji Hyo nodded, and Joong Ki relaxed. He looked over to the closed window, where the dim glow of moonlight seeped through the blinds.

"Should we ..." he trailed off, unwilling. Ji Hyo glanced a him, then picked up the gun. Sooyoung stared at it with wide eyes. "Wait, you're going out?"

JI Hyo nodded, standing up, not looking at them. "I need to get him. It's too dangerous out there."

"But, noona - it's dangerous for you, too," protested Joong Ki, standing up as well. He still wasn't sure whether to trust Minho or not. 

Sooyoung grabbed Ji Hyo's arm. "You ca't go by yourself, it's too dangerous," she said. Joong Ki was nodded vehemently. 

Ji Hyo said, "I can handle myself. You do remember last last year, don't you?" Sooyoung blinked, then sighed. "Those guys you beat up were not highly trained assasins, according to your definition of the Black Dagger group."

"True." Ji Hyo agreed. "But I have gotten better. And -" she guestured at the weapon in her hands, "-I have a gun."

Joong Ki stared at his sister. "I can go, too." he crossed his arms. "If youre going, I'm going. You can't hide me away from danger forever. I'm old enough."

Sooyoung glanced at Joong Ki. "Hang on ... you can't be more than ten, are you?"

Joong Ki glared. "I'm twelve. But I'm still perfectly capable."

Ji Hyo growled under her breath. "We're wasting time!" He turned sharply and strode towards the door. "Joong, if you really really really have to, come with me. Unnie, you can stay here and lock all the doors and stuff or ... come with me? Actually, maybe not ... erm ... "

"I can do taekwondo, I'm capable too, Ji Hyo-ah." Sooyoung crossed her armss over her chest. Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter