Family Development

Who Are You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sara's POV

I saw Junmyeon oppa smiling at me. With his fair skin, sweet smile towards me make me want to reach him from this distance. But, I saw him with another girl. Which is the more innocent look and have a fair skin too. I don't know who she is, that for sure is his new girl. Why do I meet him again? Isn't we had-

"Annyeong, Sara-yaa..." said Junmyeon.

"Oppa?"

"We met in this world eventually." He smiled.

"You like to smile so much, don't you?"

Then, he started to walk away. I tried to call him but he just walks straight to that girl. Then, she holds his hand walk through the path that I can't see whether it's fine or not. I can't move too. I shouted his name but he never turns around. After I saw him slowly disappear from my eyes, there was a boy that height within my hips. He pulled my dress and I hugged him. My body reacted naturally to him. I blinked my eyes once, there's a man holding his baby on his two arms. I can't see their face but I heard their voices.

"Byeol-aa,"

Slowly the face appears, Byeol and Baekhyun. My husband and my son. The baby is my child. I'm officially a mother now. My tears fell down through my cheek smoothly. That's not sad tears but happiness. They are my family, my happiness and my life. We're all hugged together.

Ah. It was a dream.

I opened my heavy eyes. With a branula on my right hand that got held by him. My body feels so weak and tired. I don't want to wake him, he must've not slept much since the day of contraction. My mind was hazy and I can't remember what was happening after that. I felt my eyes wet, that must've been the dreamt. Ah, I cried for real. As I just stared on the ceiling, Baekhyun moved his body and his head tilted. I saw his face turned to me. "Kwiyeowo...".

Then, he opened his eyes and stuttered with his word, "Y-you're awake?". I made a little smile. "I'll call for a nurse, kidarilge (wait)!", he said.

He went out of the room, I just realized, my baby was not here. Is he or she, fine? Why I can't remember any of this precious moment? Where is my child? I tried to get up and lean my back to the head of the bed. Several minutes later, the nurse and the doctor came over to check my body. "Good morning, ma'am. How are you feeling today?", the doctor said while wearing his stethoscope. "Feel a bit tired..."

"Kwaenchanayo, it's normal since you gave birth last 19 hours ago," he smiled. "What happens to me actually, seonsaeng-nim?" I became anxious when his face doesn't seem real 'care'. "You're passed out after your ttal (daughter) came into this world...". Baekhyun smiled beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Ttal-yo (a daughter)?" I asked Baekhyun like I can't believe I have my child and her gender. "Yes!", he held my sweaty hand with a wide smile on his face.

Oh my, I have my daughter. I'm survived...too.

"Okay, ma'am. Please eat your meal at the right time. Diet is needed, and of course, your daughter is fine and healthy. We'll give you when her milk time, ne?", said the doctor. I nodded and thanked him. After the nurse and the doctor left my room, Baekhyun sat beside me and held my hand. "Gomawo," he kissed it. My eyebrows frowned up look like I was going to cry but I'm just in adore to see him like this. His sincerity towards me made my heart fluttered. I hugged him and cried on his shoulder. "I was thought, I'm gonna lose you...", he said. I shook my head several times. "I'm here with you now".

We're two released the hug and I asked about Byeol to him. "As usual, eomma wa appa (mom and dad) take care of him for a while," he smiled. Unexpectedly, my stomach growled and Baekhyun giggled while looking at me. I pouted. "So after gave birth, you still want to eat so much, huh?", his sarcastic word made me hit him on his shoulder. "Was that necessary?". He then brushed my cheeks roughly and I pouted even more. I was being spoiled right now. Oh my, oh my. You're a mother now, Sara-yaa.

Baekhyun went to the cafeteria to buy me a congee. Since the hospital's meal not in the schedule yet, so he went for it. While waiting for him in this quiet, cold room, my mind started to remind me of that dream. I'm glad that the dream showed me the middle of stage life. Where I've met someone who died and how Baekhyun and my children came after. That shown I'd still need to be alive in this world, I have a responsibility to it. Fifteen minutes had been passed but he's not coming back yet. I played with my hair while watching a variety show on the TV that 'glued' at the wall. I felt my chest is swollen. I guess that because my baby isn't drinking my milk since she was born. Poor her.

Later about thirty minutes, the door of my room was open. "There you are," I said. He panted and put the congee on my desk. "Still hot there." He said. I nodded and tapped a bed beside me. Sign to made him sat beside me. "Seems like you're running," I combed his hair with my fingers. "I don't want to be late, you're starving. Half a day you didn't eat yet." Now, his turn to made a pouty face. I chuckled. "Well, there's a lot of people, so...". He said while getting a congee out from the plastic. "Jigeum, kaja mokgo!", I said with ruffled his hair. In our brunch together, Baekhyun decided to make a video call with his parents.

"Are you sure they are not resting now?", I said.

He nodded and keep the phone ringing. A few minutes later, the phone got an answer from them. Well, it's not them. It was Byeol. How clever he picks up the call.

"Oh? Byeol-aa!". This man loves his son until his voice raised like can reach to kiss his son's cheek. Tsk, Byun-ssi. Please, I need to talk to my son too. I give a glared to him. He realized that and made his favourite grinned on his face. I waved to Byeol from here and he pouted, "Eomma! Bogosippeo (I miss you)". Aww, my son missed me than his father. "Yaa, appa bogosippeo aniya (you're not missing me)?", oh there's he's asking with a straight face. Byeol shook his head and laughed. The phone began to roll together with him because he rolled himself on the floor. "Byeol-aa, don't rollover. It's dirty," Baekhyun commanded. Byeol straight gets up from rolling. Then, his grandmother came from behind. "Aigoo, Byeol-aa. Why you're not telling me your appa is calling?", her face looks so worried. I and Baekhyun giggled for looking at their behaviour together.

"Aigoo, Baekhyun-aa. Have you known her name yet?", she took a phone from Byeol. Like usual, old people with their actions. The camera so close to her ear and make us just watch with her ear than her beautiful wrinkled face. "Eomma put your phone straight in front of your face. I can't see your face," Baekhyun said. "Mworago (what did you say)?". She still holding her phone like that. I chuckled and Baekhyun shook his head. "Kwaenchanayo, eomma...". "Answer me, you guys haven't given a name to your ttal (daughter)?", she kind of raised her voice. "E-er. Mianhaeyo, eomma. We don't give her name yet but we have a nickname for her...", he muttered. "Mwo?", she raised her voice again.

"We're not giving her name yet, eommeonim." I put my voice a bit raised just like she did. Maybe the connection poor this time. Then she nodded as she heard what I said. In the time being, the nurse suddenly said that this is my time to feed my daughter. Oh my, I'm so excited!

 

Baekhyun's POV

I could see her happiest face after our marriage 8 months ago. The happiness in her face makes me feel that I succeeded to be in her life. It's not that I feel proud and I'll stop now, but it makes me wants more to invest in her life and makes our family bigger and spread positivity. Uh, sounds kid there. Well, that's what I want for my achievement before turns 40 for the next 7 years. Hmm...

While we talked to our parents, the nurse knocked on the door and said, "Mrs Byun, this is time for your feed your daughter...". Her eyes sparkled when he looked into my eyes. After 20 hours didn't see her cute newborn daughter yet, makes her more excited and can't wait to feel new experience. She clapped her hands and gripped her both hands to two, like make a wish. The other nurse brings our daughter inside the room. I saw again, her eyes began on the verge of tears. Her loveable feeling as a mother nature inside of her makes her feel so blessed. Her expression tells how grateful she is. Then, when our Precious landing into her arms. She kissed her on the forehead and the cheeks. The reddish cheek resembles her mom, always. Precious's cat eyes look-alike me. Her eyes slowly opened and her body began to move a bit. Maybe she makes a stretch. Without noticing, our conversation on the phone ended.

"Annyeong, eomma da (it's mom)," she said while she held her tears. While she smiled, she held the Precious little pinky finger on her mom's finger. "I'm so glad I can finally meet up with you." Sara's tears drop to Precious napkin.

"Ne, Mrs.Byun. We'll leave," said the nurses.

After they went out, I've helped Sara to managed her position to 'How to feed'. She holds me from doing that thing. "Wae?" I asked after revealed half of the hospital outfit from her body. "Let me do it, alone." She said so firmly but that doesn't mean I'll stop. "Let me, you just holding her carefully."

Aha, can't resist that! But, not a few seconds I guess she knew my intention. Yeah, that's straight power of woman's pinch. She pinched my right cheek so hard and make feel numb already. I my cheek slowly with my sweaty palm. "Why did you have to do that, missy?" I asked. She smirked and showed me a fist. Aigoo, she still likes her younger time. What a strong wife. "Don't make this erted scene in front of your children, noted that sir." She added. Oh my, seriously?

"Jogiyo eommeonim (excuse me, mom) I'm here like a nurse to you. I have to help you here." I said while squeezed my waist. She smiled and asked me for a hand and she kissed it. "Do it for me, then. N-a-m-p-y-e-o-n...(husband)." What a tease~

As I helped her, then she slowly started to do what she has to do. Well, isn't man eyes always caught something different? I just saw her mole side of her right , and I dumbly asked a question to this mad mother. "Uhm, isn't that a new mole?". I asked with my innocent face like there's no wrong to ask this question. Her eyes widened, about to scream. Her hand gripped the blanket on her right side and throw it to me as strong as she can. "Y-yaa, don't be like that. Precious might get trouble if you move," I said after I ducked her throwing blanket. "Mianhaeyo..." I scratched my nape and grinned. Her rolled eyes always are my favourite things when she mad. A cute wife and mommy.

About fifteen minutes, she held Precious in her arms, Doesn't she feel numb or maybe cramp?

"Kwaenchana?", I said.

She nodded calmly. Oh, maybe she still strong. But nevermind, I've put the nursing pillow under her left arm to support the arm and the baby's head on that side. She leaned herself back properly so her back doesn't tired that much. "It's tiring to give this too," she said after not talking because of a mood swing, I guess. "How does it feel?" I said. Again, with that sharp gaze. "Nothing much, but it's tickling sometimes...". She replied while brushes softly to our daughter reddish cheek. "She much looks like you," Sara said.

"If her face looks like me, then, her personality might be like you." I gave another triggered. She giggled, "Yeah, she would smack all men before she gets him." I looked straight into her eyes, my wife really wanted to kill men in her mind, what?

"What with that face, sir?" she said.

"You really something after being a mother..." I chuckled. "A naughty mom," she replied as soon after that. I gave a tsking sound to her. Then, I wandered my hands to the Precious face. Aw, she so cute! This is my daughter! She really healthy and good daughter, I hope you are well always until you grow old, my daughter. I brushed her hair a few times softly. How did times fly since Byeol's newborn back then? Ah, I really love this.

In the hospital, at the night time...

"We're gonna move out tomorrow's brunch time," I said. She nodded. She slowly moves her hand back and forth. Round and round. She seems tired and has stressed her arms and shoulders. Before I packed the clothes for her, I'll make sure she'll fine before she sleep. I sat beside her and started to massage her right shoulder. "Is it here?" I whispered. She nodded silently. I continued to massage her since she so into it. She really had sore arms and back. I tried to make her feel good and comfortable before sleep.

This moment, I won't forget how mothers and wives out there who struggled in this. They're strong, even stronger to whom being single to raise their children. I know it's not unfair, but that's how the world makes us strong by giving a test in our lives. Slowly, she fell into a deep sleep on my lap. I put her head slowly to a pillow and tried to get up. Later, I continue by folding clothes.

After I had finished folding all the clothes and tidy the closet, I sat on the chair. My eyes lingered around the city as I can see from this room. From above. I even looked up to see a beautiful moon shining with the stars on the sky. I remembered my life when the first met of me and Sara. How pure she was and kind. How cruel and selfish I was. Huh, what a terrible past to remember. I took a long deep breath and let it out of the negative vibes. Then, I stare at her oval-shaped face. I my hand to her hair gently. I'm so in love with this woman, indeed.

 

General's POV

Baekhyun and Sara finally got married and even have their own precious little daughter. After all, the hardship that they went through all these times, the happiness that they'd build a long time ago gave a gift in their life. After Sara got discharge from the hospital, Byeol and his grandparents waiting excitedly at their home. On the way from the hospital, Byeol prepared something for his mom before she arrives. "Halmeoni, can I buy some fruits for eomma and my sister?" He asked while played his hair. "Yeah, sure. We'll be going to buy something for them. Go change your clothes," said his grandmother.

They're three went out for buying some gifts for the new member of the family. Not to take so long, his grandparents just brought him to the nearest shop with their house.

"Halmeoni, I want that!" Byeol pointed to a toy that hanging higher than himself. It was Pororo, from the cartoon TV show. "Eh?" His grandmother turned around for him and seeing the toy on her left side. She shook her head and crouched in front of Byeol. "You came here for what?" She asked gently while brushed her grandson's hair aside. "To buy a gift for my dongsaeng and eomma..." he pouted. "Arasseo, I'll trade you with a portion of food." She smiled. "Manhi (many)?" Byeol widened his round eyes and his arm spread to make a sphere shape. The old woman that stood in front of him smiled and nodded.

Byeol's hand wandering on the shelf nearest with him, playing the plushies on the rack that same level with his height. Instead of whining, he'd just follow his grandmother along. When his eyes wild looked at all the stuff, he ran to the specific place and it noticed his grandmother by his movement. 

"Byeol-aa!", the grandmother shouted.

He stops at the baby's things section. Where there's a lot of toys that belong to babies. "You such a good picker, Byeol-aa," said the grandmother to Byeol. He smiled and take a two of rubber toys to shape like a lion and a penguin. Then, he lends to his grandmother's hand to buy it. "Are you just done by this?" she asked. Byeol nodded. After picking all the needed things, they're both s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter