two

Rock Bottom

 

 

 

“please just don’t” you said, sighing as you pushed the door open.

 

Turning the lights on, you throw your keys on the white dresser that was next to the front door. Where you usually throw pretty much everything on it.

 

“you are not eighteen years old anymore, get married already!”

 

You kicked your shoes off your feet, walking on the wooden floor in the light socks you wore this morning.

 

“mom please! I don’t even have a stable job yet! Marriage is out of question”

 

You said crossly, standing in the middle of the living room, which was supposed to be a second bedroom but you’re living alone so you turned it into a living room.

 

“if I die it’s because of you! you ungrateful daughter, all my friends got grandchildrens and you’re still like this!”  

 

You bite your lower lip, hearing the dramatic tone in her voice, you can’t really do anything.

 

“okay, mom… whatever you want, right now …”

 

Rubbing the back of your neck, you looked up at the ceiling

 

“I’ll hang up, goodnight”

 

 

 

~

 

 

It’s 10:24 PM. Your day was long and tiring, you work six hours a day in the coffee shop, after that you have three hours with nothing to do but you usually look for a job in the private hospitals. Even though you heard that working in private hospitals is not safe but you don’t really have an option. It’s either working in ‘might be unsafe areas’ or working in prison. From six to nine PM you have a small job which is private tutoring college students. You don’t really gain much but it’s better than nothing.

 

Turning on your laptop, you lay in bed, with the laptop on your stomach. This is really my favorite part of the day but mom has a point.. I need to find a good partner. I’m running out of time. um I need to depend on myself first, to have a higher and stable income.

 

Logging in your blog, You eyebrows raised in surprised. 

 

 

11,300,900 hit

10034 new followers

7k comments

 

You started this blog five years ago, you never thought that it’d be this popular. At first you wrote just to release some feelings, to feel better but now it became a habit. You just have to write. Last time you logged in it was only around eight millions hit. You try to update your blog as much as you can but the internet connection is poor in this building.

 

Smiling, you clicked on the ‘create a new post’ deciding to reward your loyal readers with some poem.

 

You rested your hands on the keyboard, thinking… you tried to recall things that happened in your life, stories you read. You needed an inspiration. Ah! Yes, that story that I read where the hero left the heroin and start dating her best friend! What an a$$hole but it’ll be a good inspiration. Closing your eyes, words start forming behind your closed eyelids.

 

Snapping your eyes open, you typed quickly. Reading the post one more time before posting it

 

 

 

You say that you are over me,

My heart-

It skips,

It sinks.

 

I see you now with someone new,

I stare,

I stare,

I blink.

 

Someday I’ll be over you,

I know,

I know-

I think.

 

 

 

You clicked ‘post’ and logged out of your blog, looking at the time, it was 12:03 AM. Oops! There is no time to read the story. Closing your eyes, you decided that you’ll read it tomorrow night. One night for your readers and the other is for you. it’s only fair this way.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Your days are so similar, so it doesn’t really make a different to you if it’s Tuesday or Thursday, your shifts at the coffee shop change every two weeks so your weekends also change every two weeks. It have been a week since your last post on your blog. In this past week you went to one blind date just to satisfy your mother. He was a 34 years old, divorced man. Okay, I’m 26 but that doesn’t mean that I’m THAT old to date a divorced man with one kid, geez mom!,

 

Today is Wednesday which is also your day off. You spent the morning with Eun Seo, she moved to live with her boyfriend and asked you to help her pack her things. Being the good friend that you’re of course you helped her. It gets lonely sometimes, when your only friend that ‘still’ in touch get a boyfriend.

 

Opening you laptop, you sat on the couch in your living room. God bless whoever invented the internet. opening the web page, you logged in your blog. I’m not in the mood to write anything, whoa so many comments! You started reading their sweet comments and replying to some. Should I change the theme? Nah, let just keep it like this. Logging out of your blog, you decided to check your email. You get lots of emails, some of them are asking for the permission to use your poems other are asking you to write something for their stories. When you have free time, you help them. Whoa what is this!?, an email with YG Entertainment logo!

 

 

 

Hello, this is YG

 

We got a lot of emails recommending you to work with us. After looking up your blog we decided to buy the rights to some of your posts and to all of your future writing.

 

 

If you are interested please give us a call 02-3123056

 

 

  • Do not reply to this e-mail.

 

 

 

 

 You stared at the screen, not daring to blink. What is this? Is this a prank? Not funny, not funny at all. Blinking, you shut your laptop. Your heart was racing, No, do not get excited! This might be a mean prank. Standing up, you took two steps on the old carpet.

 

“OMMMMMGGGGGGG is this real?” you shouted in excitement, jumping around your living room.

 

Your thoughts were filled with $ signs. This is YG, where the duck laid golden eggs. Maybe this is my chance to finally live the real life. Your head was between the clouds that you didn’t notice the table in the middle of the living room, stabbing your toe on it, you let out a squeal as you tripped and held you toe, soothing it.

 

“see, this is what you get when you look too high, as if YG would really..”

 

You mumbled, frowning. What if it was real? Should I call? Glancing at your phone, you hesitated. Soothing you toe one last time, you crawled to the couch, grapping your phone and laptop

 

Opening you laptop you typed the number in the email in your phone.

 

“okay, I have nothing to lose, I’ll just check”

 

You said, encouraging yourself as you dialed the number

Your heart was pounding hard, listening to the ringtone, you cleared you thoughts

 

“Hello”

 

“HELLO” you said in high pitched voice

 

Omg, clam down!

 

“Yes? You’re calling YG entrainment..”

 

“Ah, I know … I .. got an email .. about buying my posts rights”

 

“Posts..? just hold on a sec”

 

You bite your lip in nervousness, this a prank! So embarrassing. You heard him talking to someone

 

“Ji hun .. do you have any idea about buying the rights to a girl posts? There is a girl on ..”

 

You couldn’t really hear anything else, the sounds were muffled after that. You could feel the heat in your face, so embarrassing! What a mean person doing pranks like that. It was about ten seconds but in these ten seconds you even thought about deleting your whole blog. you were about to hang up when you heard another voice

 

“Hello? Hello? I’m sorry are you still here?”

 

“y-yes” you muttered, unconsciously soothing you toe again

 

“Are you the owner of xwishful-thinkingx ?”

 

Your eyes widen at the mention of your blog

 

“um.. yes”

 

You stood up, pacing back and forth in your living room

 

“Thank you for calling YG, I was actually waiting for you call. Can you come to YG? say .. in two hours?”

 

You looked at the clock, it was 2:36 PM.

 

“uh ..  why?”

 

“I have to call the lawyer first to write the contract, I think in two hours the contract will be ready. Do you want to come here to discuss the contract? If its inconvenience to you I can email it to you”

 

“oh.. yes please do email it to me. thank you”

 

You don’t really have anything to do. But you don’t want to go to YG. what if he is there?

 

“no problem, read the contract if you have any conditions, email them, if not then tomorrow .. uh what day is tomorrow?”

 

“Thursday”

 

You said, holding back a smile. People at YG don’t even have time to know the days of the week.  

 

“Yes, Thursday .. what was I saying? Ah conditions, if you don’t have any conditions then come to YG tomorrow at 3:00 PM, Office number 203 to sign the contract. Thank you for deciding to work with YG”

 

“No, Thank you. thank you so much”

 

You bowed a little, smiling as you hang up.

 

Throwing yourself on the couch, you started to laugh.

 

I think the one the sky decided that I deserve a chance too.

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

P/N: first, I’d like to point out that the piece of poetry “you say that you are over me …” belong to the amazing writer  Lang Leav

 

Second, I’d like to thank my dear subscribers

 

eveningmorning

halusiharu

Serahh

roranda

ohjervine

suyeeaung

 

last, Thank you for reading Rock Bottom. Chapter one was so short but I just wanted to give you something so here is chapter two and it’s way longer than the first one. thank you guys.