Chapter 7

On Sunny Days

Changmin soon falls asleep on the taxi that Sally had called after he gave the taxi driver the address. AS a large apartment building comes into view, seeing the building brings back a lot of memories for Sally. Changmin was still living in the same apartment building, a place that held a lot of memories she had with Changmin. Sally pushes those thoughts away as she gently shakes Changmin, “We’re here.” Changmin blinks but doesn’t respond, “Where are your keys?” Sally asks and Changmin finally seems to have woken up a little more. “I got it…” He says digging in his pockets before handing the keys to Sally. They pay the taxi driver before Sally supports Changmin to the elevator who then leans onto the wall of elevator.

Changmin opens the door to his apartment before collapsing in a nearby chair. “Should I get you some water?” Sally asks as she puts Changmin’s things on the coffee table. Changmin nods pointing in the direction of the kitchen even though Sally still remembered where the Kitchen was. She enters the sparsely decorated kitchen and opens the cupboard that held the glasses. Everything was still exactly where they were. Memories of her and Changmin cooking together, or more like her cooking and Changmin messing around and stealing the ingredients. Sally found herself laughing; she had forced herself to not think about these things for so long she would have forgotten. Sally shakes out those thoughts from her head; maybe these memories were better hidden. She pours a glass of water and hands it to Changmin.

“Thank you.” He says after her recovers enough to speak.

“It’s ok…” Sally says looking for an opportunity to excuse herself now that Changmin seems to recovering. “Well, I’ll be-“she says as she starts getting up

“Stay!” Changmin says grabbing her arm. Changmin notices his hand on her arms a second later and quickly releases it, “Please stay.”

Sally hesitates for a moment, “Only for a short while.” She says and sits back down.

Changmin smiles weakly before returning to his original position as he takes sips of water. They sit an awkward silence before Sally finally speaks up. “Nothing has changed here.”

Changmin nods, “Nothing has changed since I left to the US, and I didn’t have time to change anything since I came back.”

“How long were you in the US?”

“Soon after…” He pauses, “Soon after I broke off the engagement… My whole family moved to the US, they’re still there right now.”

Sally nods before she stops mid-nod, “But then who’s looking after you now?”

Changmin looks downs, “Well… I kind of live alone currently…”

“Changmin, what will you do if you fall ill?” Sally asks deeply concerned.

“I’ll just call the ambulance.” He shrugs.

“And what if you can’t get to a phone? Or fall unconscious???” Sally asks. “What will you do then?”

“I’ll be alright, don’t worry.”

Sally sighs loudly, “You’re always like this…”

Sally left a little while afterwards, her mind still worrying about Changmin, but she quickly pushed the thoughts away, and Kyungsoo was waiting for her at a restaurant not too far away from Changmin’s apartment.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asks.

“What?” Sally looks up from her food.

“Well… You are very distracted today, is everything ok?” He asks concerned.

“I’m fine…” but when she sees the concern in Kyungsoo’s eyes, “Well you know I went with Changmin to See Doctor Park today…”

“Still the same…?”

Sally nods, “He also predicted 6 months, and I’ve never seen him predict wrongly.”

“And then?” Kyungsoo pushes on, knowing that there was still something else bothering her.

Sally smiles a little; Kyungsoo can somehow read her like no one else could, but the smile quickly fades as she continues. “I went with him back to his apartment because he was feeling sick. Did you know he lives alone?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head, “Isn’t that dangerous though?”

Sally nods, “That’s exactly why I’m worried.”

Kyungsoo nods, his forehead wrinkling ever so slightly. Sally smiles and she reaches over the table and holds Kyungsoo’s cheek as she smoothes over the wrinkle with her other hand, “You shouldn’t do that, you’ll get wrinkles.”

Kyungsoo smiles, “you’re right, we’ll think of something together ok?” Kyungsoo says as he bites into a mini spring roll. “Oh my gosh! These are so good, you have to try some!” Kyungsoo says as he takes another one and holds it out for Sally. Sally laughs and leans over the table and bites the spring roll.

“It really is good!” She says laughing as she sits back down. Sally felt so much more relived after telling Kyungsoo, even though they haven’t found a solution, she felt better knowing Kyungsoo was also thinking of a solution with her.

After the finished their meal, the two decide to take a stroll on the streets of Seoul.

“Oh! That’s Changmin’s apartment…” She says pointing at one of the brightly lit squares.

“You know… it might be a lot of trouble, but what if we take turns dropping by and checking on him? You know checking if he’s ok or if he needs anything.” Kyungsoo says.

“That’s actually not a bad Idea, the hospital is not that far, and it’s close to the company too.” Sally says.

The two take one last glance at the brightly lit square, just missing the shadow that appeared in the window that they were just pointing at.

Changmin was feeling a lot better, he reflects over the things that happened that day. It felt good, Spending the whole day with Sally.

“I wish it could be like that every day.” He says to know in particular as he walks towards the window, he looks out at the view, the lights that stretched out, and living in the penthouse suite came with definite perks. He was about to go sit down when he spotted a couple walking away from the apartment. Something made him look twice and then he recognized Sally walking away hand in hand with another man. The man who was his junior who he adored, but now was the man standing between Sally and himself. Changmin sighs as selfish thoughts swirled though his mind and messed with bitter heart.


Author Note: Hello! I thought I could do some awkward advertising while am here and ask your guys to check out my new fics; Boy in My Dreams and Keep Me Safe.