childcare au

AD&AD BINGO

TITLE: Favorite Person

WORD COUNT: 985

SUMMARY: Jongin is Taeoh’s favorite person, but Jongin does not have one until he meets Taeoh’s best buddy’s uncle.

 


One Saturday morning, Jongin was not on his bed like he usually was.

“Taeoh-ya, slow down will you?” Jongin huffed as his little brother tugged his hand harder, basically running toward the kindergarten.
“Hurry, Nini hyung!”

Jongin groaned at the nickname.

It was embarrassing enough that he had to go to Taeoh’s class today, with matching outfits (their mother thought it was a good idea); navy flannel shirts, black jeans, and red sneakers, because everyone was supposed to bring their favorite person and Taeoh happened to choose him. Not that he did not love his little brother, nor he wasn’t good with kids, it was the adult there that make him an awkward turtle. It was just plain weird because most of the kids brought their mothers or grandmothers. There were some teenagers he spotted, and all not as old as Jongin who was in his early 20s.

“My classroom!” Taeoh grinned, pointing at the said room before pushing Jongin to walk in, “My chair! Hyung sit, sit!”
“Okay, okay, stop pushing hyung, Taeoh-ya.”
He put his backpack on the floor and sat down, feeling even more stupid by sitting on a kiddy chair, his body was too big so he had to fold his legs uncomfortably. He nodded politely with an awkward crooked smile at the elders who cooed at him.


Once everyone was gathered in the classroom, the homeroom teacher greeted them and started doing attendance. They were planning to take a walk to a park nearby and have a little picnic after some coloring in class. Then someone walked into the classroom, dragging a sulky little boy behind him who Jongin recognized as Oh Sehun, his little brother’s best buddy, but ‘who is that?’ Jongin thought as he stared at the guy with honey locks.

“Excuse me, I’m sorry we’re late. Sehun’s being a little trouble.” He bowed to the teacher.
“Ah, yes, it’s okay. I just finished doing the attendance, please take a seat.” The teacher offered a polite smile.
“Thank you,” he bowed once again before looking around the classroom to find an available seat.
“Huuun!” Taeoh waved excitedly to Sehun who immediately skipped toward him, leaving the pretty guy behind to let out a sigh nonetheless followed the boy, and sat next to Jongin who was becoming more and more anxious as he cursed internally.
“Are you Taeoh’s older brother?” Jongin tilted his head, facing the owner of the melodic voice and answered with a stuttered yes. “I’m Luhan, that brat’s uncle,” he smiled and offered a hand.

Uncle? Jongin echoed in his head, that title did not suit Luhan’s beautiful face at all. Then he remembered Taeoh once said something about Sehun’s uncle from China who resembled a deer.

Jongin stared at Luhan’s angelic smile for a good five seconds ‘He does look like a deer, though. Those sparkling eyes and cute button nose, hmm, his skin looks so smooth…..wait, what the hell Jongin???’ before finally functioning back to shake his soft soft hand.
“Um, Jongin, Taeoh’s older brother, yeah um, n-nice to meet you, Luhan..”
“Nice to meet you too, Jongin. And by the way, cute outfits.”
“T-thanks.” Jongin could only pray his face was not as red as a boiled crab.


They were sitting on a pink checkered mat under the tree, with the other students and teachers scattered all around. The weather was perfect for a picnic like this.

It took one hour of coloring animals and fruits, and another hour of walking to the park and chit chatting for Jongin to figure out that Luhan was actually almost four years older than him (‘What in the world…’), cheered for ManU, and liked to dance or sing in his free time. And that Luhan had a lovely wonderful laugh (in Jongin’s opinion, because Sehun had blatantly said it was “super duper mega ugly!”), eyes crinkled and jaw so wide it might touch the floor.

Luhan told Jongin that Sehun had wanted to bring his poodle Vivi as his favorite person but his mother had kindly said that he could not bring a dog, so she had called Luhan instead to come with him to school today. That was why the so called brat was sulking earlier.
“That brat pulled my hair and almost bite my nose! Can you believe that?”
Jongin laughed, imagining Luhan being attacked by a five year old. “Taeoh likes to bite my finger when I’m hand feeding him.” Then he excitedly added, “Oh, I have poodles too! Three of them!”
He realized a second too late that he sounded like his little brother, but Luhan laughed that lovely wonderful laugh of his. “We shall take them to a walk together sometimes, then.”
Jongin blinked because was Luhan asking him out on a date just after the second hour of their very first meeting? Moreover, a dog date?! Damn, he could not be any more perfect, could he? Jongin sighed dreamily. “Sure, hyung.”

Then Taeoh and Sehun whined about not getting enough food in their little mouths, “Nini hyuuuung! More! Meat!”
“Bubbles!” Sehun added.
They did not notice that the two growing boys had already finished all of the meals on their own, messily.
“Taeoh-ya! How could you eat hyung’s lunch? Now what is hyung going to eat?” Jongin pouted at his little brother who was giggling with Sehun.
“Jongin-ah, you’re as cute as your little brother, you know, if not cuter.” Luhan grinned, “I’ll treat you to fried chicken after this. Call?”
“Call!!!” Taeoh and Sehun shouted, while Jongin smiled shyly. Taeoh even pointed out that he looked like a boiled crab but he did not give a damn anymore.