Case 1: The unheard confession; the realisation

When the bad guys win

As Seungwan sat awkwardly in a sandwich between Chanyeol and Baekhyun who continued to converse with each other, she couldn't help but feel out of place. She took a glance at Chen who was still fidgeting in his seat directly across her. He still seemed on edge almost waiting to duck under the table for the time when a bomb was dropped. 

 

Kyungsoo watched Chen squirm in his seat and followed the direction of his eyes. He had observed that the restless male had looked all around the room except the female in front of him. In fact, he had never even spared her a glance since she had sat down. 

 

Being a rather observant, Kyungsoo had figured that Chen's actions were somehow related to the small blonde sitting across.

 

Now that he realised, whenever Chen would randomly act oddly had the same girl was somewhere within the vicinity. Kyungsoo found the whole thing odd. To add to the mix, Kyungsoo had also observed his sunbae's unexpected visits to sit or treat his favourite hoobae who he did not really converse with prior their recent gatherings. Kyungsoo smelled something fishy and it was more exciting than what he had originally thought. 

 

"Chen, what's wrong with you man? Can't you sit still?" Suho asked irritably as he sat beside the fidgetting male, "Are you sick? Do you want to go to the nurse?" 

 

"No hyung, I'm just excited about our next subject," Chen replied while looking at his nonexistent watch on his bare wrist. 

 

"Right, because you have always loved physical education," Sehun scoffed, "Xuimin doesn't your best friend seem weird to you?" 

 

"Sehun you know what? Shut up" Chen sarcastically replied. 

 

"He actually does seem weird, I mean look at him his face is fully red. He sort of looks like a tomato with nice cheekbones," Xuimin laughed and turned to Seungwan, "Seungwannie doesn't Chen seem weird to you?" 

 

Upon hearing the question, Seungwan had immediately blushed, "Eh? He does seem a little odd."

 

"Look, look! He's even redder now!" Kai pointed at the embarrassed Chen, "Seungwan do you think he's like that because of a girl?" 

 

"Uh, I don't really know, Kai sunbae-nim," Wendy kept her head down drawing circles on the table with her finger, "I don't really know sunbae well enough to say anything about that."

 

This definitely got Chen's attention. 'Don't really know sunbae?' As far as Chen knows, they had a past. Meaning that they would definitely know about each other. Yet, this girl had the guts to say something like that. Chen gave an arrogant scoff before moving to leave the now crowded table. 

 

"I don't have time for girls," Chen laughed, "and I definitely don't have time for girls like her."

 

"Chen! come back here!" Suho yelled after the back of the retreating boy. 

 

A string of indecent words was then uttered to the boy who had just left.

 

"I'm sorry about that Seungwan, Chen is usually really nice," Kyungsoo looked at her sympathetically, "He used to be like that when he was younger."

 

"Do you even remember, He was definitely worse back then" Xuimin scoffed, "He was an egocentric brat who pretended to be all macho on the outside."

 

This made some of the boys to nod their heads. 

 

"I remember this one time, hyung rejected this girl who confessed to him, calling her fat or something," Sehun laughed, "But then when he got home, he ran and cried to his mum about feeling guilty for being mean to the girl." 

 

This caught Seungwan's attention.

 

"Yeah I remember that," Kris joined in, "He tried to apologise to the girl by talking to her but he ended up making the matters worse."

 

A small smile crept on her face. She remembers this story all too clearly. 

 

She sat alone under the shade of a large oak tree beside the school gates. Looking at the people who was strolling at the other side of the school fence. 

 

She had confessed. And she was rejected. 

 

But not only that, the boy of whom she had confessed to is now rubbing it in her face. Sure she wasn't the prettiest girl in the class but he didn't have to do all those things. 

 

She remembered that one time, he had walked to her seat deeply bowed in front of her. He had babbled on about how he was sorry and should not have called anyone a pig even thought they were fat. The problem was that he had never called her a pig before. She automatically bolted out the room in tears.

 

If he was trying to apologise, he had done a really bad job. And it did not stop there. 

 

Chen had purchased a bouquet of pink striped carnation and placed it on Seungwan's wooden desk. To Chen, such actions were the only way he could apologise, when he had made his mother mad he would automatically purchase a bouquet of red roses and with a sorry note attached. He was for sure not going to buy red roses for a girl, even if he had made her cry twice. So the somewhat cute carnation was the next choice, girls like cute things didn't they? 

 

When Seungwan noticed the flowers, she was somewhat happy. Someone had gone all through the trouble to buy her pretty flowers, she had felt flattered. However, once she had seen the sorry note attached she had ultimately felt sad. This feeling doubled when she saw what type of flowers they were. Striped carnations represent rejected love, the one thing she wanted to forget. 

 

To make things worse, she had realised that she was in fact allergic to pollen that the flowers produce. This sent her to the hospital with severe rashes that remained until the next month. 

 

"Do you remember the flower incident?" Xuimin laughingly asked Kai, "He cried so much after the teacher told him that the flowers had caused her to go to the hospital." 

 

"He thought he had killed her," Kai joined Xuimin in laughter, "He really is nothing but a sweet softie."

 

Seungwan stood up from her seat feeling rather awkward. They were talking about her as if she wasn't there. Well granted the fact that they didn't know that they were, in fact, talking about her.

 

"Sorry Sunbaes, My hoobae is waiting for me to deliver this to her," Seungwan picked the bread and headed to exit the building, "Maybe we can talk another time." 

 

 

 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

 
 

A few more weeks has passed since then, the boys began to spend more time with Seungwan often praising her for her wide range of musical talents. 

 

Of course, this had meant that Seungwan and Chen were forced to spend more time together. And the more Chen had observed the younger girl the more he was confused. 

 

The girl that he remembered did not dare talk back, didn't have many friends and made no move to stand up for herself. Now she is there laughing with her new set of friends, throwing friendly insults here and there and confident. 

 

He was pleasantly surprised with her change. She seemed more approachable yet there was no interaction between the two. 

 

So the two matchmakers had gone back to their now fully functioning hide out and gone through the thorough notes of their target, producing a list of characteristics of his ideal girl. 

  1. Someone who could lead and take care of him 
  2. Someone with attractive eyes and a beautiful smile (Tick) 
  3. Someone with a big heart (Tick)
  4. Someone who is smaller than him (Tick)
  5. Someone who tries their best in everything that she does (Tick) 

Seungwan meets 4 out of 5 of his requirements, so technically they should be in very good terms now. This had left the two matchmakers confused. Despite having a past, if they truely feel as if they were each other's 'type' then all pieces of the puzzle should fall into place.

 

So why wasn't it working? 

 

If only the two could enter Chen's mind, then they would see how wrong they were. It wasn't just working, it was affecting his every thought and action. 

 

Recently Chen had been having difficulty sleeping. His heart would race whenever her face or name would pop up in his mind. At times, he would purposely occupy himself with things to keep his mind away from the blonde beauty but would fail miserably as time passes by. Then his mind will subconsciously wonder back to the brightness of her smile or the adorable way her hair bounces as she walks from building to building. 

 

He noticed it all. Every detail from her head to her toes is noted and stored within his mind often playing in endless loops lulling him to sleep. Causing him to smile bashfully while sleeping - dreaming nothing but good dreams. Dreams with her by his side

 

Realising that this fantasy of his, has to come to an end sooner or later. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

Hello, I am backkk, this chapter is long and freaking tedious to write. I feel like if I rush everything you won't get the 'feels' feeling. If that happens then there is no real point to the story. So hopefully this might be the second last chapter for our first case. I just wanted to remind you that not all cases have happy endings so if your bias gets a sad ending please look at the bigger picture, we need to be realistic. 

 

Anyways, I hope that this chapter made you happy because I  know I love it when I get a 'story update' notification. Please comment and suggest the next characters you would want to be paired up!