Case 1: The unheard confession

When the bad guys win

Five years on, the business grew rapidly. Expanding to numerous smaller branches across the nation, spreading their infamous brutal nature when it comes to love. Life wasn't always this pretty, in fact, it never have been for Park Sooyoung but it all came to change when she sat down underneath the big old tree. From then on, her life began to change, she met a set of eccentric individuals who she established a club with.

 

At first, they acted solely based on the unrealized wishes of others. Acting as a set of fairy godmothers spreading good will across the land, seeking nothing in return. However, as time passes by, they realised their full potential and expanded to work outside the school with a range of payment in mind. Marking the new beginning for the club.

But all of it really began on a windy spring morning in April 2001.

 

 

 

April 23, 2001. Approx. 7:30 am

 

Sooyoung stood a few steps away from the buzzing school gates, motionless and in deep thought, letting out a long sigh, "I guess this is it."

With confident strides, she entered the school filled with students dressed in yellow uniform softly busying themselves with the latest gossips.

 

"Sooyoung!" A certain feminine voice yelled across the courtyard, causing the tall ebony haired beauty to flinch. Picking up her pace, Sooyoung quickly rushed inside the closest building, obviously attempting to avoid the petite female. Upon reaching an abandoned room, she quickly slumped to the ground and heaved an even longer sigh. She sat there for a few minutes, taking deep calming breaths when she heard music being played from the room next door. 

 

Standing up, she stealthily tip-toed her way towards the wall separating the two rooms. She pressed hear ear against the cold surface and drowned in sweet yet painful melody. 

The carefully plucked string of a guitar was accompanied by a velvety smooth yet powerful voice. The voice resonated across the walls, carrying an indescribable emotion which Sooyoung regrettably recognised almost immediately. Closing her eyes, certain unwanted memories replays in her mind.

Before Sooyoung could realise it, her feet had led out of the room towards the door where the music was coming from. Looking through the small opening of the door, Sooyoung saw a small female sitting on a lone stool at the middle of the room, hunched over a guitar with her long blond hair covering the view of her face.

 

The way that she plucked the guitar and the way her voice echoed across the empty room felt lonely almost in pain.

 

Her song continued to play, portraying a bitter story of an unheard confession. 

As the blonde changes her position, Sooyoung's eyes widens almost instantly as she recognises the female student as Son Seungwan sunbae-nim. 

Looking at her face closely made Sooyoung slightly confused. She has always seen her sunbae laughing and smiling, so seeing such a sad expression on her face seemed almost impossible. It was so unexpected that Sooyoung had to double check the identity of the blonde. Nope. Definitely Seungwan sunbae-nim.

Despite her confusion, Sooyoung's feet remained rooted to the floor, eyes glued at her singing sunbae, ears straining as she continued to listen to the sad melody.

 

'He must be so dumb to not have noticed her,' Sooyoung thought bitterly as she listens to the final notes of the song.

 

Lost in her own thought, Sooyoung failed to realise Seungwan was no longer sitting on the stool. In fact Seungwan sunbae-nim was standing face to face with her neck crained to look up at the younger girl.

 

"Hi, Park Sooyoung right?" Suengwan smiled, shyly touching the back of her neck, "How long have you been standing there?"

 

"Ah neh, Seungwan sunbae-nim, I just came just then," Sooyoung automatically lied in response, hoping to have fooled the blonde. An uncomfortable silence had filled the air between the two women.

 

But before the conversation continue the sounds of the mornign bell echoed throughout the school filling the awkward silence. Sooyoung moved to the side, slightly bowing her head in respect as Seungwan sunbae left first. Sooyoung watched Seungwan leave with a guitar swung on her shoulder, silently laughing at the large size of the guitar in comparison to the small stature of the blonde female.

 

 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

 

Despite Sooyoung's attempt to erase her awkward meeting with her sunbae-nim, she couldn't help but find herself interested in the life of Seungwan. 

She often found herself stealthily tailing the older girl during their lunch breaks, scribbling any information she thought could help her in her quest to identify her unknown lover. There were, in fact, some instances where Sooyoung would follow Seungwan home and just observe her action in her normal environment. 

In some cases, this could be considered as stalking which breaches Seungwan's rights to privacy, but Sooyoung likes to call it as collecting vital information.

 

From what she had gathered, Son Seungwan, better known as Wendy is a straight A student who originated from Canada. Wendy was also extremely popular within their school as she is extremely friendly and accommodating to all students, adored by her sunbaes and loved by her hoobaes. 

However, in terms of her love life, Seungwan's seemed uninterested, as information regarding her attraction to the opposite was as dry as a barren wasteland; leading Sooyoung to worry that Wendy might in fact 'swing the other way'. From the rumours ranging back a few years, numerous popular males have voiced their feelings to Wendy, only to be immediately rejected in the most polite way possible. 

Due to the lack of information on the identity of the male, Sooyoung became even more determined as a sense of mystery hightened her interest.

 

 

So after a few more weeks of trailing the oblivious girl, Sooyoung had reached a breakthrough. 

Apparently, Wendy harboured a secret crush on one of her super famous sunbae named Kim Jongdae or better known as Chen. He belonged to a famous group of male students known as Exo who comprised of 12 young males who hypnotised the whole society to worship the lad in which they walked on. Well, that was accoding to what Sooyoung had originally thought. 

"Pfft," Sooyoung forced herself to contain her bitter laughter, "Of all the groups, he had to be one of them."

Sooyoung had a great distrust of popular students, especially those affiliated to Exo. Despite her denial, the whole school knew of her secret history with a certain individual within the group.

 

Setting that aside, Sooyoung continued to search for more information regarding her two sunbae-nims. According to her sources which dated back a century and a half, Wendy and Chen sang a duet for a talent show when they were younger. Apparently, Wendy fell in love almost instantly causing her to always follow the older male. 

However, Chen did not reciprocate her feelings, harshly rejecting her in front of his friends as he found her obnoxious and annoying. This, of course crushed the girl, causing her to run while sobbing heavily.

She had to addmit, the younger Chen was a perfect example of how a would be like. Now he seemed nicer and friendlier to everyone around him. Sooyoung, however, wondered how much of his actions are even real.

 

 Sooyoung sighed heavily as she finished updating the file filled with information regarding the two individuals.

 

Sooyoung closed her eyes and leaned her head against the wall behind her, wincing at a familiar scene playing in her memory.

She empathised with Wendy's rejection. She too knew how it felt to be rejected so harshly.

With a final sigh, sooyoung stood up from her sitting position and straightened her pleaded skirt before stretching her hands to the sky.

 

"I will make sure you won't experience what I had to go through before," She whispered to the air, hoping that it could somehow carry her message to the blonde.

 

Author Note:

Edit: I changed a few things, because when I checked this chapter a few things didn't make sense to me especially with it's connection to the second chapter. Oh just a little hint for you guys, in the next chapter we will meet our FIRST ever member of the club!!!

Hello everybody, sorry for the delayed update, I had exams recently and I was away for the weekend so I had no time to go online at all. Just to clarify, each case will take about 4-6 chapters to finish so the pace of the story will slightly be slower than what you may be used to. Anyways in this chapter you are introduced to Red velvet's Wendy! our first client (even though she doesn't know) making our first target as Exo's Chen. Please look forward to their love story, I promise it will be funnier in the future, it is just that I had to set the tone for the rest of the chapters. 

Within this case, we wil also meet our first club members.        of them, in fact. This case is more based on the fact that the club is not even established yet, so yeah there will be a limited amount of romance for now as I am trying to establish the club first. So feel free to suggest couples that you want to see in the story. 

When suggesting make sure that the individual is not mentioned within the character list as I have plans for those people already. Also please specify on who will be the client and target between the couple. 

I will try to update again next week, depending on my work schedule. So before then please enjoy this chapter. 

If you have any suggestions, comments, criticism feel free to comment below. I don't bite. however, if you are confused just private message me so I can explain it to you directly! 

Thanks for the support, I will try to update a longer chapter next time!