First meeting

We Could Happen

CHAPTER III

"Turn around"

 

Tiffany held her breath and slowly turned her heels, phone still attach into her ear, she tilted her head while her eyes begin to roll trying to search and spot for that particular figure. Her eyes were frantically scanning every person she laid her eyes on, the mall was pack and noisy, giving her a hard time scanning thoroughly and entirely.  Frowning upon a minute of searching and still find nothing.

"Where?" She speak off to the phone, her head turning from left to right, and vice versa. She saw group of people chatting animatedly as they passed by her, an old woman walking with a support of walking stick, another pack of teenagers passing by, couples everywhere, a family bond, a loner here and there, but her eyes lingered a little bit longer to the loner blonde woman on her front- finding her attractive with those black shades she’s wearing, odd enough, tiffany felt something to her, had she seen her before? Tiffany rack her brain and found nothing.  

She resigned with that thought and continue her never ending searching.

She’s tall, tan, and mature lady, she has a korean small eyes, and now where is that unnie?!

 "Where are you?" she asked again "Hello?"

Sighing in frustration after the other line had gone silent for so long. What is really happening? Is she going to ditch her? Aren’t she showing up herself!  "Kim where are you?!" the annoyance gotten the best of her and she purposely made that obvious.

 She knows she’s older than her and yelling over her was definitely disrespectful, but she can’t blame herself though, her patience weren’t that she should be proud of, her patience weren’t that long. She just rolled her eyes at that.

“huh? Ahh… Yeah…” the stranger’s finally responded, stuttering on its delivery, tiffany heard her cough a bit before she speak once more. “Are you wearing a floral dress?”

Tiffany look down to her clothes, and sarcastically rolled her eyes after “well, duh… yes” she stated the obvious. And also, giving a quick glance at the blonde girl from afar.

She’s on a phone call too.

“Where are you exactly? Why aren’t you showing up yourself? I told you, I already saw… you don’t have to feel shy…or whatnot” she scoffed to herself. Tiffany was aware that she sounded conceited in a way, but she was just trying make her comfortable really. She wasn’t trying to make her feel insecure, she was just trying to make it feel alright to her. “I know you’re looking at me now, so please just come out… I don’t bite” she sniggered, finally realizing the situation. Finally realizing the event turned to be funny out of the sudden.

“Looks like you weren’t showing up yourself huh?” tiffany asked daringly after a moment of silence from the other line.

Tiffany knows she’s pretty, not just in her mother’s eyes or father’s eyes or her unborn sibling’s eyes, but in every people’s eye. She knows it, ever since she was little, her constant admirers and those people she doesn’t give a damn telling her she’s attractive and stunningly beautiful what’s makes her confident of what she is, and now she finally understand the situation.

The stranger got coward suddenly after seeing her in person… and her words back then eat her up.

“I bet I’m more than prettier than you, you know”

“Even your bestfriend”

“I think I’m younger than you”

“I have a baby face”

“A lot of guys drool over me  ...And girls… And even gays…”

“I can make gay guys straight… I can make straight go gays as well”

“You must be gawking at me that time then?”

 

 Tiffany was laughing by her own, earning a weird look for those occasional strugglers passing her by. But she just can’t hold back herself when she thinks back some few conversation they had. But she stop quiet abruptly when her eyes fixed at the blonde girl once again. And tiffany felt awful to herself. She shamelessly diverted her attention from that blonde girl.

Why do I feel like she’s looking at me behind of those shades?  

 “Why are you laughing?” The stranger asked on the other line. “You look awfully retarded right there”

Tiffany just rolled her eyes at the comment and talk back.  “Just show yourself here…”

That woman really did ate all her words right now after seeing me.

“What?”

“Just show up yourself here... I told you I don’t judge”

“What are you talking about?”

“look, you might look at me as an unfriendly, aweless, brat, selfish and every words you could think of I am,  but I’m not like that okay?, really. So please don’t make me wait up here”

“Now, now, what are you talking about?” the stranger laugh and tiffany frowned at that. “You’re frowning, you seems not to know me at all” she laugh “but really what are you talking about? I thought you already saw me?”

“Err yes?”

“Oh really? Then describe me then”

“Do I really have to do that?”

“Yes”

“Okay. You were a lot more older than me, you have a mature face, but hey, not that I mind okay?” she soothed and she heard her laugh at her word. “Your tan, your—wait… unnie please just come out… I don’t have my whole days for your silliness”

“don’t you think this is one hell a funny meet up?!” the stranger sniggered and tiffany, as much as she find this situation funny earlier, her patience wasn’t that long and  she’s getting tired of this game. She glance at the blonde that was still on a phone call that was now smiling by her own too. She frowned, finding her weird, but then again, she was just like that earlier.

I keep on glancing at her. Why exactly?

“Look, why did we just talk over this matter in person? My phone starting to heat on my ear”

“Okay then”

“So where are you?”

“Coming”

“Where?”

“I’ve been here ever since, I’m basically in your front…but you always look away”

Tiffany frowned and vexedly shook her head, this is getting on her nerve, is she trying to play hide and sick?

She’s too old to play that game.

 She bitterly scoffed at her own thought.

Whatever she's playing with me, I am starting to hate her

 with a sigh, she once again trailed her vision on her front, and she once again, saw that blonde girl, whose now walking towards her direction while her hand holding a phone that was attach onto her ear.

is she?...

Tiffany’s mouth unconsciously parted by her own as she ingested the unexpected outcome of the event. the next thing she knew, her phone beep indicating that the call ended and that she saw the blonde putting her phone back to her jeans pocket, while she smoothly take off her sunglass and folded it before hanging it over her shirt's collar. And now that she's finally able to see her eyes, it was indeed looking back at her, with its lips formed into lopsided smile. A smirk that tiffany find the smugness in it.

Is she…

She swallowed hard the lump on . Her mind went blank and all she could think was nothing, her minds seems unable to process anything. Not when she sees the beauty in front of her, not when the blonde halted her march and was just right a meter away from her. While looking straight right to her very own confuse eyes.

the mall was noisy and busy, people were passing between the small distance between them, but none of them dared to break the eye contact they were having, as though as if they were having an eye to eye battle.

Tiffany's eyes rolled up when the stranger up her light brown brows, making her facial expression even cuter than she already was. Her lips was purse into tiny line, as if trying to lighten and break their awkwardness by doing some silly facial expression.

 The petite blonde girl has her hands both on her side pockets on her tight denim ripped-jeans, match with her feminine white casual shirt, and her white sneakers.

The Blonde was the one who broke the awkward silence between them, breaking the eye to eye contact first as she awkwardly took a couple of steps towards her... "Uhmm...” the stranger begun to talk, trying to lock her gaze on tiffany as she tried to asked. "So...Err...ahh, so... It’s you?"

Tiffany, on the other hand, also knew that the surrounding between them is getting awfully awkward and that totally eating her up. She gulp trying to find her voice, but breathed when nothing came out.

I’m totally up

 They keep glancing at each other, and when their eyes met, they will broke immediately and turn their head to the side, blushing furiously. Tiffany begin to sweat on her palms, it was when she’s freaking nervous and her heart was beating loudly inside her chest.

"Yeah" She muttered under her breath, finally regaining herself a little. She wasn’t sure if her voice was loud enough for her to hear that. ”so...it’s… you too?" She tried to look at her as she asked, but found herself diverting her sight again.

I just can't do it!

"well..err...yes?" The blonde woman awkwardly responded. “And I believe that you mistook me for a wrong person?”

“…kinda” she mumbled and the blonde hummed in respond.

“That’s explain” the blonde nodded to herself and tiffany glance a little bit and trailed back to her feet again.

Tiffany had already prepared herself for her outburst as she expect her to laugh at her, but she didn’t, and weirdly enough, the stranger looks awkward too.

So they were literally awkward, everything's awkward. The distance between them isn't helping either.

It was their first meet up and everything seems too difficult to handle, it was their first time they had laid their eyes upon and find themselves uncomfortable in a way.

Awkward. Was the word.

Tiffany never thought that the meet up would turn out like what it have been, she never felt awkward and shy towards anyone, she was always confident in every part of her, she’s confidently beautiful and she knows it by herself. But then again, it wasn’t the beauty what’s really intrigue her. It was the fact that she mistook her for a wrong person. It was the fact that she never really thought that the stranger she has been disregarding for her own entire life has this -appeal that tiffany couldn’t really explain.

 Yes, she’s cute, pretty and has a perfect skin tone, a perfect body and every part of her scream perfection. But it wasn’t just by that, her heart won’t beat like crazy just because she’s ing pretty and all. Tiffany knows there’s more into it, she just don’t know what really is that makes her heart gone insane.

"err..Wait here" The stranger broke their silence and walk pass by her and entered the ice cream parlor, tiffany turned around and her eyes followed her petite figure.

Tiffany mentally face palmed herself.

What the is this?! Why are you beating like that?”

She asked her heart.

She screamed inside her brain, that held a lot of questions spinning inside her mind, like a hurricane that messing her out. She herself was confuse as hell.

her heart was pounding hard against her chest, and tiffany couldn't deny to herself that everything on that blonde was too good to be true, the way she run her fingers through her hair, the way she's leaning at the counter and patiently waited for her order, the way she took her wallet on her pocket and handed the lady the cash, the way she turned around and walked towards her. And that made tiffany gulp inwardly as she's nearing close to her.

"errr.. Here..." the Blonde girl extended her hand, offering her other ice cream cone from her hold.

 

Tiffany eyed the ice cream, then to the owner, then to the ice cream, and back and forth as she eventually took it. "Thanks" she muttered under her breath.

The blonde happily   her ice cream from her hold, with an innocent face she put on her face as she said "that's 500 won" she said timidly before turning her back and started walking, leaving tiffany dumbfounded.

500 won?

So it wasn’t for free?

The blonde notice that tiffany has been left off and when she finally her heels, and her eyes caught sight of her, she almost spill out her ice scream for the abrupt laugh she did, throwing her back at the process. "Silly. I'm just kidding!"

oh.

She has been fooled. Right. She kind of forgot, she's a ing joker, she’s a quipster. Right. she should have knew this coming, doesn’t mean that they were now talking in person doesn’t change the fact of whom tiffany knew she is, she is a wisecracker, a self-conceited person, tiffany had to remind herself again.

After frowning deeply upon realizing that she has been fooled, she glared at the blonde as she marched her way towards her. "Do you really have to kid me like that?"  Tiffany glared playfully, and finally having her first on her ice cream.

“I’m just trying to get rid of being awkward” she confessed. “I’m trying to make myself comfortable around you, and I hope you’ll be with me too... Because the awkwardness is really eating me alive!” she laughed and tiffany chuckled.

So she felt it too

“Yes. I wasn’t expecting you back then, so I kind of shock when you started walking towards me and I honestly don’t know how to react back then”

“You thought of me as an old ajumma!” the stranger laugh so hard. “And tan. And tall. but hey-- look at me” tiffany just did that, And found the blonde was grinning so hard “I’m totally the opposite!” she cried out and tiffany, no matter how she felt her face burning from embarrassment, but the look on the blonde’s face is priceless that makes her laugh too.

“I’m too cute for your eyes that you can’t even look at me in the eyes earlier”

Tiffany scoffed at those egoistic remark. “Wow…” tiffany breathed “I never actually thought that you were really a self-conceited even in person”

The stranger sniggered and rolled her eyes “it’s true anyway” She muttered. “I thought you knew me back then though, because you keep on glancing at me, but when you turned your head and asked me where I was, I kinda lost it.” She laughed “so now I know that you were just checking me out”

“Excuse me?” tiffany deadpanned “ewww… I’m not checking you out.” She somehow denied that, and paired with rolling eyes. “i…” she look at her once again and the blonde just gave her a cocking brows

Holy Gasps!

I knew it! This is the girl I leaned my head on! The blonde on the bus! The one who I sniff so hard! The vanilla scent I just can’t ever forget! ! And now it all makes sense why I find this blonde woman somewhat familiar! And---

Tiffany gulp as she look over her neck. That neck... That ing neck! That ing neck I pressed my lips on.

What a double ! It’s her!

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost?” the blonde chuckled and tiffany embarrassingly diverted her gaze from her. “Look, I know I’m attractive and everything but please pulled yourself together.” She joke and tiffany look at her in horror, which only lead a fit of laughter from the blonde one.

Don’t flutter yourself…I don’t find you any attractive, and for your information I’m straight” she spill out but then frowned after... that was actually up

 “i mean--- “

“Are you really going to pretend infront of me?” the blonde chuckled and tiffany blushed madly. “It’s me you know, I know every single thing about you…of being gay” she whispered and tiffany felt shiver down to her bones. "...for your bestfrined"

“Shut up” tiffany embarrassingly said and the stranger laugh out loud… oh that neck! “Never thought you could be this so annoying” she mumbled under her breath…

“I heard that”

“I intended just that” tiffany barbed and the blonde just snickered.

Maybe her first impression to this girl is quite impressive, that tiffany’s heart couldn’t stop beating fast right at that moment, that she even think that this girl is so good to be true, but now? As minute goes by as they talk, it was all fading, and she’s a big turn off, a big dork and totally not her type of people.

 How could she joke and flutter herself by her own? Yes, she do that a lot in their old previous conversation, but hearing her vocally and personally is just seems not right.

"So where are we going?" the stranger halted her steps and turned back. "Oh. And I’m Taeyeon by the way" She offered her hand for a hand shake while she her ice cream once more. “There… I tell you. Now tell me yours’s”

Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.

Tiffany repeated the name in her mind. Finding it cute and unique. And finding it strangely suited to her well.

This woman named Kim Taeyeon.  the woman she knew existed for about two years now, and tiffany couldn’t believe exactly just that. This Taeyeon knew her hidden secrets that her other friends don’t even know, they held so many conversation that was meant to keep on herself, and this Taeyeon knows almost everything about her (except her own identity and personal information which can lead her self-identification)

Because Tiffany didn’t let her in, but this Taeyeon didn’t complain even just once. Not until that day.

 This Taeyeon knew she’s gay—gay for her bestfriend, and that’s she’s in love with her bestfriend, this Taeyeon was there by the time she felt the world was eating her up. She used to be the person that carried her anger on, the person to blame when there’s no one to blame, and this Taeyeon was the one she used to express her feelings out. And now that she’s seeing her in person was just really unbelievable.  

So her name is Kim Taeyeon.

She thought back then, that whatever between them, was supposed to stay like what it should. That she should always be stranger forever, a stranger with memories perhaps.

That she should be better off unknown.

Never did she had crossed on her mind of meeting this woman, never did she thought of befriending her, it all take a big step for tiffany to open up herself with her, open up which mean, to let this stranger know her for real, not just her lovelife and whatabout. 

Maybe she’s annoying but, weird enough, I feel comfortable with her.

"Tiffany" she said and extended her hand, they shook their hands while their eyes locks their gazes.

"Tipfany… Hmmm… Tipfany hwang?" Taeyeon repeated, and tiffany had to suppressed her laughter at the poor pronunciation, although she was used to it with the other people, but this blonde was trying to produce the ‘F’ sound but failed miserably, but the funny thing is, she has this over confident look on her face as she tried to repeat out her name, like she’s confident enough and manage to say it just right.

"You're name quite different... I mean.. You a foreigner?" The stranger pondered after she asked “wait… it is okay now to ask that right? Since we’re trying to get to know each other”

Get to know each other

It echoed inside her mind.

"i was born in California" she explained and Taeyeon hummed in understanding, cocking her brows as she nodded.

"TipFany Hwang, born in California…” she pondered “now at least I know something about you” she chuckled “other than, about you being head over heels with your bestfriend”

 

 

 “Kim Taeyeon, born in?” She asked, cocking her brows questioningly. They were now roaming in the mall and none of them knew exactly where they were, they had probably looping around but neither of them cared about that.

“I was Born in my mother’s womb” she laugh at her own sarcastic joke and tiffany rolled her eyes.

Her laugh sounds like retarded

“My parents were from jeonju, and I as born back there, but I’ve been here in Seoul since I remembered… We kind of move out here” she explained.

It’s funny how tiffany felt comfortable despite of the fact that it was their first meeting and knowing her attitude in person seems a bit too overwhelming. It was their first meeting and at first they find it awkward but then as time goes by, tiffany had to admit that, however, despite of her- being a bigheaded, cocky and boasty, it doesn’t change the fact that she still feel comfortable with her. But then again, they already knew each other for two years, that’s why they weren’t seems to look like some fresh new friends that needed to adjust their persona.

They stopped their tracks in front of a restaurant and decided to have their lunch, since it was nearing lunchtime and since they don’t know what else to do anyway. Discussing about watching a movie as taeyeon asked her makes tiffany felt like they’re indeed having a date. That she felt like cheating even if that doesn’t makes sense. Taeyeon offered to play with her on the arcade game and tiffany rejected her, telling she’s old enough to play. And telling taeyeon she should grow up. And that, Taeyeon vocally confessed to her that she’s boring and she’s no fun. Which is tiffany countered with “you know what? I don’t care”

 

Taeyeon leaned in, her stomach was pressed against the table and prop her palm over her chin as she stared at the woman in front of her, making tiffany felt uncomfortable behind those frantic gazes, and she refuses to stare back as she find it somewhat daring. She look to her side and fakery cleared .

"w-What?" Tiffany asked, after about half a minute of pretending that she wasn't affected with those gazes.

"Nothing" Taeyeon answered nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders off.

"Then stop looking at me like that" she glance, a little quickly. And still find her eyes buried deep down into her. "You’re starting to creep me out"

She once again, look at taeyeon after she heard her chuckled at her statement. Frowning deeply when she saw that annoying dimple under her chin.

"What?" she uncomfortably shifted her gaze.

"You know, you were far beyond from what I had expected" Taeyeon blurted out, leaning forward against the table as she whispered “You’re quiet a chick”

"So you're crushing on me now?" Tiffany raise her brow when saw taeyeon smirk.

"Do you give all this kind of treatment to those people who finds you beautiful?"

"i don't"

"Then, you are naturally cold?"

"i'm not cold" tiffany retorted.

"Keep denying until you convince me enough" Taeyeon scoffed and rolled her eyes. “But really, you are pretty, that’s what it all matters now” Taeyeon playfully winked at her.

“Do I have to thank you?”

“No… you need to blush, that’s how supposedly to get it done” she giggled at her own lame joke “but why aren’t you blushing?” taeyeon frowned and tiffany, for the umpteenth times, rolled her eyes. “You’re supposed to feel something inside of you”

“Why are you so weird?” tiffany retorted. She probably blushed hard already if she didn’t knew enough this woman. Yes, she probably found this woman somewhat physically attractive, but her attitude was totally the opposite.

“Weird?”

“Yes, weird” 

Taeyeon look at her thoroughly and tiffany dared to lock their gaze. She frowned as she saw taeyeon’s smile turning fake.

 Does I hurt her?

“I am…” The stranger muttered under her breath. “I am“ Taeyeon repeated That’s why she hates me” Tiffany couldn’t understand, the sudden change of her persona surprised her in a wild. She had sure, she saw a pain on her eyes despite the smile she’s putting up. “Anyway, from what university are you?”



 

Tiffany woke up on the other day, with her phone vibrating under her pillow. Its 6:00 in the morning and her alarm clock buzzled inside her room. She yawned and stretched her arms groggily.

It’s Sunday.

Tiffany tilted her head and turned to the door, hearing a cracking side as it opens and reveled her father’s presence. “Miyoung…I’m going out…I made breakfast for you… get up and eat” Tiffany sleepily groaned and nodded.

“Where are you going dad? It’s Sunday”

“School. You know, when semesters about to end, we’re pack of projects and works… we’re just like students” her father remark and tiffany hummed in understanding. “And about the jeju trip it’s on December 15th, prepare your things in advance.”

“How many days we spent there?”

“Probably one week…” her father’s adjusted her neck tie as he responded. “Anyway, I’m gonna get going” her father left after kissing her daughter’s forehead.

Tiffany collapse almost immediately on her . She sigh deeply in content.  

Jae

She picks her phone to check her SMS and smile when she saw Jaehyun’s name at the top.

From: JaeJae

                Good morning, hon! Check out your FB, I sent you something! And also your I.G coz I posted something!

She giggled, feeling giddy.

To: JaeJae

                Good morning too hon. Alright, I’m going to just do that”

Tiffany then opened her Facebook account, and instinctively, visit the notification button, there she saw her few of her friends commenting in her new latest post- a selfie picture of her, friends who likes it, and some other people who added her to a public group without even her consent. She sighed over that matter, Facebook really need to fix on that.

Then she visit her message area, there she saw Jaehyun name at the very top, following with some admirers/guys who obviously has a thing for her. Asking to court her, asking for a date, asking random question just to hold a conversation with her, she can't blame them though, because they thought she's single and available, maybe she's single, but she isn't available.

She pouted after she saw the picture Jaehyun sent her, it was where tiffany was sleeping with hung open, and totally the ugliest picture she ever had.

She frowned as she type back, feeling embarrass at herself and especially it was Jaehyun!

  • Delete that pic. Jae! Delete that! It’s embarrassing! >.<

she Then open her friend request area, 5 request has been sent to her on this very day, lazily reading the people's name and then her eyes largen when she read KIM TAEYEON SENT YOU A FRIEND REQUEST, and without any hesitation, she tap the ‘see profile button’

Tiffany’s mouth hung open when she saw thousands of people following this Kim Taeyeon.

Almost 50,000 people! What is she? A celebrity?

Currently studying in Seoul University, with a degree of Architecture.

Works at your heart

Tiffany snickered.

But then frown after she begin her stalking.

 She frowned more after she saw how many likes she had on every posts she posted, how many comments, it’s like she's a mini celebrity. She’s quiet famous and tiffany had to admit that. she also have fans, tiffany knew she have by the time she sees people who tag Taeyeon in a post, where Taeyeon looks forcing a smile with a girl beside her taking a selfie of them two, When she saw a post that Taeyeon is on the middle on a group pic., when taeyeon looks pissed off already but still manage to glare at the camera, with a young guys on her side, seemingly forcing her for a group pic too.

She scroll down and scroll down, stalking at her very best. Finding this Taeyeon is way more gorgeous and pretty and cute in every picture she posted and being tagged.

Photogenic

And finding her not just an ordinary student but a popular one too.

"Wow" Tiffany was left awestruck as slipped the word out unconsciously.

Who is she really? 

Tiffany wondered, this Kim Taeyeon keep on surprising her, never did had crossed in her mind that the stranger that she's conversing with was somewhat like Kim Taeyeon herself.

 Was this a prank?

 That taeyeon knew her from the very beginning and tried to prank her so that by the end, taeyeon confessed that she's on a T.V show and tiffany is the highlight of the show.

Tiffany was now deep down on taeyeon timeline that she notice taeyeon hair on the picture change into long black hair, and as she scrolled down more, her hair changed into pepero hair—where she had a short hair and the tips of her hair was blonde.

 Her mind went blank when her phone screen showed ‘Kim’ was calling, tiffany rose up from the couch unconsciously. She was indeed having this crisis, after stalking taeyeon’s profile she had sure that she wasn’t just talking to a normal average student.

She answered the call enventually.

"Hi?"

"Hi" tiffany felt her cheeks burning.

"Uh" taeyeon brushed the awkward atmosphere by laughing a bit "uhmm...”

"What?" Tiffany snorted, finding the stranger somewhat out of character. "Somethings up?"

"No I’m still on my bed"

Tiffany had to roll her eyes at that sarcastic remark. "Then what's with the call?"

"I don't really know. I just feel like it"

"You just feel like it? Why so?"

"Told yah, I don't know."

"So you're really having a crush on me now aren't you?"

Tiffany heard her scoffed “It’s just hard for me to believe that I finally saw you” taeyeon confess.

“You find it hard? Yet you were shameless on me yesterday” tiffany countered.

“I do have shame” taeyeon chuckled. “it’s just that, it’s kinda funny how you thought of me as an old ajumma and I kinda got carried away and teased you and felt comfortable myself…I’m sorry if I somehow made your mind blow up out of my vainness”

It’s alright. I knew you were like that even when we were just conversing on the bus. And mind you, not an ajumma but just a mature lady.

“It’s alright”

After a minute of silence, tiffany heard her speak up again. "So we’ll still meet right?" Tiffany knew, by just hearing her voice that it sounded serious, like she's nervous too

"i don't see any problem with that" but truth to be told, she was having a hard time of breathing as her stomach were flipping over and over again.

“Cool, so I sent you a friend request, so now all you just have to do is accept me”

I’m not finished stalking yet “I’m actually just about to do that”

“Oh…cool… enjoy stalking then”

Did she say that out loud? Can she read her mind? “Eww...I’m not stalking you” Tiffany stated and taeyeon laughter echoed in the other line...

“I’m just kidding!” she sniggered...” anyway, I’m hanging up now, I’ll send you something that can made your day”

“Really? You can send money?”  She joke.

“No…it’s more valuable than money you know.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, there she goes again… what is there to send that can make her day? Surely there’s no way…

“Okay fine…whatever…”

And then taeyeon hung up. And tiffany accepted her request and waited for whatever Taeyeon’s going to send to her...

Surely it’s a picture.

A picture Of what exactly?

Tiffany doesn’t have any idea.

she finally decided to get her breakfast as she felt her stomach grumbled inside, heading downstairs with her phone on her hold and place it over the table as walks toward and open their fridge, she drink a cold milk, gulping it down to before she sat and about to grab her breakfast when her phone vibrated.

She grabbed her phone instead and groggily check it.

Her face blush madly and her heart pondered as she stared at the photo Taeyeon had sent her, with a message attached— #nomakeup <3

Tiffany face palmed.

DORK.



 

Tiffany heard Jaehyun sigh, she tilted her head and looks up at her. "Something's wrong?" She asked and Jaehyun responded her with another sigh.

They were at the school canteen with their groups of friends surrounds them. They were seated across each other, as always. It was lunch time and tiffany was eating her meal she ordered while she listen to her friend’s endless conversation. They were filled of laughter, their group echoed in the busy canteen. But then tiffany knows somethings was off, she frowned upon seeing Jaehyun has a gloomy look on her face.

"Follow me"

Tiffany headed and trailed Jaehyun behind, her curiosity makes her heart thump a little bit faster, Jaehyun looks serious and worried, it felt like somethings bothering her and tiffany was clueless.

 Jaehyun stop her tacks, and tiffany halted her steps too. They were breathing as they trying to catch their normal breathing. They were now at the rooftop, where no people were there, just the two of them, the sun rays hitting their skin and tiffany shielded her face by covering it using her hands, Jaehyun, however,  wasn’t bothered by the sun as she stood still there with a serious look on her face.

"What's the matter?"

Jaehyun breathed deeply before speaking "i know that I agreed that we will make things slow tiff, and i respect that decision.” Jaehyun step a foot forward and met tiffany’s face in close up. "However, I kinda take that back” Tiffany held her breath as Jaehyun held her hands “I want to hold your hand everywhere, I want to let the world know about us. I want them to envy me. I want them to know that you.are.mine."

“But I know I just can’t do that” Jaehyun smiled bitterly “but it doesn’t matter now, I don’t care if we’ll hide our relationship to the world, as long as you’re with me it’s enough for me to feel content and happy…”

“Tiffany--”

Tiffany held her breath.

“-- Will you be my girlfriend?”

Tiffany's throat felt dry, hang open and no words came out for an answer, and her heart beats faster. Jaehyun eyes never left her's, her eyes were telling her to speak, those eyes that with full of hopes. Jaehyun held her hands, gripping it firmly as she waited for her answer.

Tiffany saw her reflection at her, she was just exactly like that when she was about to confessed to her. Her eyes that were full of hopes, the way her words left carefully and softly.

"I realize that I need a label between us, I know this is sudden and out of the blue, but I really couldn’t just cope up what I’m feeling tiff, especially now that I know that you like me in that way…. I couldn’t been happier with that.”

"Jae"

"I’m sorry if I’m being selfish, I know that although you said that you like me, I know that you weren’t ready yet and I truly understand that. I know this is too much for you to take up, but ---"

“--- Yes"



To be continue... 

please subscribe and comment whatever's on your mind. need some motivation to keep this fic going.. happy valentines <3