Lion Heart (Part 3)

YOONYUL CONVOS: A SERIES OF ONE-SHOTS

Chapter 3

 

The rest of the week seems to be fun for Yoona. She gained friends, she got to experience life in the countryside and of course, her friendship with Yuri grew. 

 

And it only made the matter worst.

 

The longer she stayed, the more her feelings grow for the Governor's daughter. She doesn't know if she'll pursue her feelings towards the girl because she doesn't know if the girl feels the same way or if there will be a chance for them to have a relationship knowing that the girl she loves will be soon to marry to some worthy man.

 

Yoona sighed for the nth time as she looked out the window. It's a beautiful day today but she doesn't want to go out.

 

Just then, her best friend, Sooyoung, came up to her and slapped her back.

 

"Yah, Yah, Yah." Sooyoung tsked as she shook her head. "I know it will be bad but i didn't know that it will be THIS bad."

 

"What are you talking about?" Yoona asked as she faced away from the window and looked back at her best friend whose busy eating her snack.

 

"You kept on sighing. Actually, i counted your sighs and so far its 45 sighs already. Now, those are the signs that you're in love."

 

Yoona almost knocked the vase beside her. How could Sooyoung said that? 

 

Is she that obvious?

 

"You're such a jokester, Soo" Yoona rolled her eyes as she tried to mask her obviousness. She doesn't get why Soo is her best friend. Her views are totally out of this world.

 

"No, i'm serious, Yoong. You're in love." Sooyoung said with such seriousness in her eyes.  "I may not have much experience in the love department but i can see that you love Yuri, Yoong."

 

Yoona was about to rebut but Sooyoung continued, "We've been friends for so long but i never seen you acting like this."

 

"Is it bad?" Yoona asked worryingly.

 

"No! I find it really adorable. You really suited each other. I can see she likes you, too" Sooyoung grinned.

 

Her grin immediately turned into worry when she saw the sadness in Yoona's face.

 

"I'm not even sure if she feels the same way, Soo."

 

Sooyoung made her way to her best friend and put an arm around her shoulder.

 

"Wae? Did she rejected you?"

 

"No. I...I d-didn't tell her yet." Yoona confessed. "I like her so much but i'm scared of what she'll say. I don't even know if she feels the same way."

 

"But you have to tell her so that you'll know." Sooyoung advised.

 

"It's not that easy you know. What if she likes me back? We both know that there's no possibility of us because she's a 'Kwon'. She's destined to marry someone else. A guy, as a matter of fact." Yoona sighed. "How can i compete with that? Besides, i'm leavin tomorrow. I don't think we can pursue us."

 

The tall shikshin saw the sadness on Yoona's face and she couldn't be more sad for her. Just then, she thought of a brilliant idea.

 

"Hey i know!" Sooyoung exclaimed.

 

"What is it?" Yoona asked.

 

"Let's go get the guys and i'll tell you the plan along the way." Sooyoung said as she pulled the doe eyed girl to meet their friends.

 

"YAH! What the hell are you thinking, Choi Sooyoung?!" Yoona yelled at her best friend.

 

***

The two girls went to Sunny's pastry shop and meet with their friends. Sooyoung told them her plan as Yoona sat their with her blushing face. They all thought that Yoona's feelings for Yuri is very adorable to see. They can all see that these two fit with each other.

 

"So, everything's a plan, yes?" Sooyoung asked her friends as she explained her plan to them. The girls gave her a nod and a playful grin for the doe eyed beauty.

 

"Don't worry, Yoong. We got you." Taeyeon smiled at Yoona.

 

Yoona smiled at her new found friends. She's glad that she has friends outside the training camp, who accepted her the way she is.

 

**

 

"Yah, Im Yoona. Where are we going?" Yuri asked as the younger girl led her to a certain part of the forest. "You're not going to kill me, are you?" the tanned girl teased.

 

Yoona just rolled her eyes at the older girl's ridiculousness. She's dying to reply to the girl, 'how can i kill you when you already killed me with your presence'. To prevent the girl from running away from her, she just kept shut and listen to the older girl ramble. 

 

"Yah, how come that the girls are not here with us? They just dropped us off and went on their way while we're here walking in the middle of the forest." 

 

While Yuri continued rambling, Yoona stopped when they reached the lake. 

 

"We're here, princess" Yoona teased the whining girl. 

 

Yuri looked around and saw the beautiful lake. Right in front of them is a canoe. Yoona started walking towards the said water transportation.

 

"Yah! Nyuna! What are you doing?" Yuri yelled at the doe eyed rascal.

 

"C'mon, Yul. Hop in." Yoona called out as she loosen the rope of the canoe that tied beside the tree.

 

"Wha- What do you mean hop in? We don't know who owns this. We might get caught!" Yuri protested but walked towards Yoona. 

 

Yoona just laughed and continued on arranging the canoe for them. 

 

"To answer your question- questions, rather. Hop in first, i'll explain everything." Yoona tried so hard to sound calm and collected when deep inside her, her nerves are killing her. This is the first time that she'll confess to a girl- and she's not just any other girl.

 

She's Kwon Yuri.

 

Yuri looked at her for a long time, suspiciously. She trusts Yoona, She really do. Ever since Yoona came into her life, she never felt so comfortable. Then, she held out her hand for Yoona to grab.

 

Yoona smiled so widely, it could break her jaw and grabbed Yuri's hand. She's praying that the older girl wouldn't notice her clammy and shaking hand.

 

Yoona led the girl and her dress on the canoe and Yuri sat there nervously. Yoona, then, pushed the canoe further into the water. She's glad she's wearing her pants so she can do more movement. She immediately hopped in as the canoe started to go further into the lake. She rowed until they reached the center of the lake before stopping and laid the paddle down beside her. 

 

As the girls finally set in the canoe, just letting the wind take them. They both enjoy the stillness and the peaceful ambiance of the lake. 

 

"So..." Yuri started as her hair blew softly by the wind. Yoona felt her heart stopped. She doesn't know how Kwon Yuri got so beautiful sitting in the canoe, in the middle of the lake, not doing anything.

 

Her eagerness to confess solidified. It's now or never for her.

 

"Uh...so..." Yoona followed.

 

"Yah, you told me to sit in here and you'll tell me why we're here. Now, spill." Yuri exclaimed.

 

"I like you." Yoona confessed so softly that Yuri failed to hear. 

 

"What?" Yuri asked.

 

Yoona, then, shook her head and exhaled. 'It's now or never, Yoong. You can do it.'

 

"Well,the reason why we're here is because i got something to tell you." Yoona started. Yuri looked at her expectantly- waiting for her to say something.

 

"What is it?" Yuri asked again. "You're killing me with all the suspense, Im Yoona."

 

"Uhhm..well, uuhh...you see. th-the.." Yoona rambled. "the reason why we're here is because. It's Soo's plan. No- it's my plan. Uuhh..." 

 

"W-wait. I'm confused. You said it was Soo's plan and now your plan?" 

 

"W-well, it's our plan. Uhhmm...Pany unnie said, we could borrow her brother's canoe and..."

 

"Now, Tiffany is involved?" Yuri got even more confused.

 

"I..." Yoona stuttered and exhaled again. "I'll start from the beginning, okay?" Yuri nodded.

 

"Okay. So, it all started when Sooyoung had a plan. She involved the girls and Pany unnie suggested we could go here by the lake since her brother has a canoe. And so we're here." Yoona smiled awkwardly.

 

Yuri raised her eyebrow, still confused. "We're here because?"

 

"Well..I...I just want to spend more time with you." Yoona whispered as she avoided Yuri's eyes. But Yuri heard it perfectly. It made her heart skipped a beat.

 

Yoona looked up and saw Yuri staring at her with a shocked expression. Then, the tanned girl came into her senses and she went speechless so Yoona continued.

 

"I...uuhh..I'll come back home tomorrow. That's why I want to spend more time with you. Alone."

 

Yuri still shocked on what she heard. She never thought that the day when Yoona finally leave will come. She always thought that Yoona will stay with her forever. She's not prepared on what to say. There are many things that she wants to share with Yoona. Many places to visit. Many stories to tell and to make. She's sad that it will cut short.

 

"I...I never thought that it will be this soon." Yuri mumbled as she looked down.

 

"Me too. I am so happy to meet new friends and of course I am happy to meet you." Yoona found it easy to say those words, little by little. She finally found her courage to confess one step at a time.

 

"I am happy that I met you, too, Nyuna." Yuri smiled her beautiful smile. "You'll still come back, right?"

 

Yoona wanted to say yes. Of course, she'll come back. But when she knew from Seohyun that Yuri's dad is already in talks with one of their family friends who has a son around Yuri's age. They're going to start to plan the future of two families. She felt her heart break. She thinks she couldn't bear to see Yuri with someone. Someone who's much deserving for Yuri. 

 

She thought, if only she's a guy and not an orphan. This wouldn't be a problem. Sure she came from a reputable family who fought for Korea for so many years but she's a girl and she's not her father's real daughter. There's no way for her to deserve Yuri.

 

Yoona just smile sadly at the thought. Yuri caught the sad smile and suddenly held the girl's hand. The tanned girl is scared that Yoona might not come back.

 

"Promise me, you'll come back, Nyuna." Yuri held tightly. 

 

Yoona looked at their joined hands and continued to smile sadly. "I...Y-Yul..."

 

Yuri let go of their joined hands. She doesn't want to hear Yoona's excuse. She doesn't want to hear Yoona why she will not come back for her anymore.

 

"Yul..." Yoona looked up at the tanned girl. She doesn't want to disappoint Yuri. She cares for her more than anything else.

 

"Take me back home, Yoona." Yuri said coldly. Refusing to look at her.

 

"Yul." Yoona reached for the girl's hand but the girl swat her hand away. "Yuri, listen to me."

 

"No. Take me back home, Im Yoona. I don't want to hear you excuses. If you don't want to spend time with me anymore, just take me back home." Yuri grabbed the paddle and started rowing. Since she's too clueless, their canoe just going circles, not going anywhere. If only they're not arguing right now, Yoona would've just laugh at their situation. Yuri is just too adorable to watch.

 

"Yul, give me the paddle." Yoona tried so hard not to laugh as she tried to grab the paddle from Yuri but the Governor's daughter refused. Still, paddling their canoe in circles. 

 

"Yul, give me back the paddle.  We're not going anywhere. I promise to take you back home after you listen to me." Yoona said sternly which made Yuri stopped paddling but still keeping her equally stern face. Yoona is also fighting the urge to kiss the girl because of her adorably stern face.

 

Yoona grabbed the paddle from Yuri once the older girl loosen her grip from it. She placed it to her side - far away from Yuri.

 

"Let me explain, Yul." Yoona started again. "I d-don't want to come back anymore." she stared at the girl. 

 

Yuri gasped and felt her tears are coming one by one. She doesn't want Yoona to see her cry so she looked down.

 

"I don't want to come back anymore because..." Yoona grabbed something from her back pocket and handed it out to Yuri. Yuri looked up at Yoona with a confused expression.

 

"I want you to come with me." Yoona finally said. She handed Yuri a ticket with her shaky hand and Yuri can see it.

 

"W-what? I don't understand, Yoong." Yuri asked.

 

"I want you to come with me, Yul. I want you to see the world out there and I want to be there when you see it." Yoona confessed.

 

"W-why? Why are you doing this?" 

 

"Because..." Yoona scooted closer to Yuri and held her hand. "Because i like you, Kwon Yuri." she said in all seriousness.

 

Yuri couldn't believe what she's hearing. Im Yoona likes her. Im Yoona wants her to come to see the world with her. Im Yoona doesn't want to come back anymore because she wants to take her.

 

She couldn't believe her heart right now. Her heart never beats so fast like this before. Since Im Yoona came, her heart never beat so slow. 

 

She couldn't believe herself for being so happy right now. But just as fast as she felt the happiness, that's how fast it is for her to feel the sadness. She remembered who they both are. She's Im Yoona and she's Kwon Yuri. They both came from different families and yet, they couldn't be together since they're both girls. They're both destined to be wed to men who deserves them. 

 

Yoona saw the sadness in Yuri's eyes. Yuri is thinking of their reality but Yoona thought that Yuri is going to reject her. 

 

That Yuri is not like her.

 

That she doesn't like girls like she does.

 

"Yul?" Yoona called out Yuri to brace herself for the rejection. 

 

"Yoon-" Yuri started but Yoona interrupted.

 

"You know what? Maybe i should take you home." Yoona said and grabbed the paddle and started to paddle back. As she paddles, traitor tears started to come down. 

 

Yuri saw this. She hates to see Yoona cry. She doesn't want Yoona to cry. 

 

"Yoona." 

 

"Yoona."

 

"IM YOONA" Yuri yelled as she held Yoona's hand to stop her from paddling. Yoona looked back at her confused.

 

"What are you doing? I'm taking you home, remember?" Yoona asked in between tears.

 

Just then, Yuri came in closer and kissed her. Yoona's doe eyes got bigger upon realizing that Kwon Yuri is kissing her.

 

Kwon Yuri is kissing Im Yoona.

 

When Yoona was about to deepen their kiss, Yuri pulled away immediately. 

 

"W-wha-" Yoona stammered as Yuri sat back to her orginal place, blushing is an understatement with how red her face is.

 

"Y-Yul?" Yoona mumbled shyly as she tried to lessen the redness of her face.

 

"I...i don't want you to go, okay?" Yuri confessed shyly. "But if you can't help it, go. But i want you to come back."

 

"Why?" Yoona asked. She knew what Yuri meant. The girl kissed her and that is a solid proof that the girl likes her, too. But she wants to hear it from the other girl. 

 

"I..." Yuri started and looked at Yoona's eyes. "I like you, too."

 

Yoona's heart did flip tops.  Yuri likes her. Kwon Freaking Yuri likes her back.

 

"But..." Yuri continued. "We...I...we..." Yuri just sighed. She couldn't voice out the reality that they can't be together.

 

Yoona understand it all. She perfectly knew it. That is why she's holding the ticket. 

 

"I know." Yoona said. "I know, Yul." she held Yuri's hand and caressed it. "This is why I have this." she showed the ticket to Yuri and handed it to her which the older girl accepted.

 

"I want you to come with me. To Seoul. Anywhere. Just come with me." Yoona almost pleaded to the girl. 

 

"You know that it's not easy, Yoona." Yuri mumbled.

 

Yuri looked at the ticket on her hand. She wants to come with Yoona. She really do. But she's scared what might happened if she disobey her father. She's mostly scared of what might happened to Yoona.

 

"Yul." Yoona called the tanned girl which made her looked at the young girl.  "It's up to you."

 

"What?" Yuri asked.

 

Yoona smiled at the girl. She saw the hesitation on Yuri's face so she come up with a solution that may or may not hurt them.

 

 "Tomorrow. If you come tomorrow, it means you'll come with me. if not, then," Yoona inhaled then, exhaled, "it means you chose your destiny. It may hurt me but i'll accept your decision."

 

"Yoona." Yuri said worryingly. She doesn't want them to end like this.

 

Yoona kissed Yuri firmly. Assuring the girl that everything will be fine.

 

"Don't worry, Yul. My feelings will still be the same no matter what you choose. I'll wait for you, okay?" Yoona promised which Yuri nodded.

 

"Whatever happens," Yuri closed her eyes, erasing the bad things that might happen and look back at Yoona's eyes and said, "Please wait for me." 

TBC

***

Hello~! This is my birthday gift for all of you. Sorry for not updating much. Life happens but i'm trying so hard to write as much as i could. :)

talk to me at www.twitter.com/jojo_adeque :)