2015 SMTOWN Halloween: YoonYul POV

YOONYUL CONVOS: A SERIES OF ONE-SHOTS

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

“OMONA! IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!” the tall girl emerged from the bedroom door and ran towards the buzzing front door. Following her, were her dogs who were excitedly barking to see who’s making their human running like a mad person.

“YAH! SHUT UP!” the shikshin, Sooyoung yelled at her dogs as she checked the monitor to see who’s ringing the doorbell.  “OH GOD! I’M SO FREAKING EXCITED!”, she yelled. She obviously can’t hide her excitement on what’s in store for her.

She opened the door and saw a surprised delivery man, carrying a huge box. Who wouldn’t be surprised when someone opens the door and see a member of a nation’s girl group?

“A d-delivery f-for you, S-Sooyoung-ssi.” The delivery man stuttered.

Sooyoung smiled widely and almost ripped the box from the delivery man’s hand. “Ne. Gomawo.” Sooyoung said sweetly which made the delivery man blushed.

“P-please sign h-here.” The delivery man replied.

“Of course.” Sooyoung smiled and signed. She returned the pen and wave to the delivery man before closing the door.

She yelled again, “OOOMMMOOOONNNNAAA!!!!” before running to her  bedroom with her dogs tailing her.

She flopped on her bed with the box in her arms which made the girl lying there jumped in surprised.

“OMO!” the doe eyed girl, Yoona, sat up and looked at Sooyoung confusingly. “Was that the one you’re screaming at earlier?” she watched as Sooyoung put down the box on the floor and started opening it.

“Yep. I’ve been waiting for days just for this.” Sooyoung revealed what’s inside the box―a white sweater, a blue pants, blue body paint and a huge glass ball. Yoona raised her eyebrow at her friend.

“Now, I’m sure that I’ll win this year.” Sooyoung smirked as she bobbed her eyebrows at her doe eyed friend.

Now, it dawned on Yoona what was Sooyoung was going on about―SM Halloween Party. It’s no surprise that this is Sooyoung’s favorite part of the year aside from Christmas and her birthday. This is her favorite because she could play dress up and be like a kid.

“I don’t get why Kyung Ho oppa is still dating you.” Yoona rolled her eyes at her best friend which made Sooyoung meronged at her.

“I don’t get why Yuri dates you either.” Sooyoung countered at her friend.  “Speaking of which, what are you going to wear with her anyway? Are you even coming together or separate? She mentioned me last time that she has a schedule before the party.”

Yoona thought of her girlfriend, Yuri. It made her flopped back to bed and sighed loudly. She doesn’t even know where to start. She looked up at her phone and still no messages or call from the said girl. She sighed again.

“I don’t even know if I want to come to the party, Soo.” Yoona mumbled.

Sooyoung stopped admiring her costume and looked at her friend, surprisingly. She sat beside Yoona and pulled up the doe eyed girl to sit up.

“Woah. Trouble in paradise already? You’re still at the ‘honeymoon phase’ and you’re already fighting?” Sooyoung asked. She couldn’t believe that her favorite couple is already on the rocks despite that they’re just started dating.

Yoona sat up begrudgingly and sat up for the nth time. “It’s my fault. It all started when Yul bought a Mickey mouse costume. You know how much she loves that mouse, right?” Sooyoung nodded.

“She’s expecting me to buy a Minnie Mouse costume since she wants us to have a couple costume but I bought a different one.” Yoona looked down as she played with her hands. “She got mad and refused to talk to me.”

“For how long that this has been going on between the two of you?”

“For about a couple of days now, I guess?” Yoona replied. She’s trying not to sound affected but it’s obviously showing.

Sooyoung sighed. She’s not going to leave this going on for a long time. She’ll talk some sense to her friend. If she has to punch her pretty face, she’ll do. She’s not going to let her favorite couple break up just because of a stupid costume.

“You know what Kyung Ho oppa tells me whenever we fight and he’s always the first one to say sorry even if it’s not his fault? He read it somewhere. It goes along with lines, ‘ Don’t let your girlfriend go to bed upset because every hurtful thing you said will echo in her mind until it will be the only thing she knows. She’ll toss and turn in her bed, thinking where she went wrong. She’ll go over your conversations, trying to pinpoint exactly where things went south…’  I really can’t remember but it’s something like that.” Sooyoung explained.

“Gee. Thanks, Soo for making me worry like I already am.” Yoona exhaled loudly.

“No, Yoong. I’m making you realize things here.” Sooyoung put an arm around her friend and asked, “How come I’m thinking that this is not just about the costume, Yoong?”

Yoona contemplated whether to say what’s going on in her mind right now. She doesn’t want to bother other people with her problems. That’s who she is. But it’s her relationship with Yuri. She needs to talk to someone with this. She loves the girl too much and she can’t bear another day fighting with her.

“Actually, Yuri said some things that made me thought of things. It hurts me that she still has doubts with me despite that I let her gave me the couple ring she bought when we were in New York  and show it on National Television.” Yoona explained.

Now, Sooyoung finally got the answer she wanted to hear.

“You know, Yoong, if I’m Yuri, I would think the same way, too.” Yoona was surprised to hear her friend’s honest answer. “You see, I’ve been observing the two of you since you started to make it official. You loved each other since the beginning and you two kept it a secret, started dating other guys just to hide your feelings for one another. Now, that the two of you admitted that you can’t live without  the other―it’s Yoon to the Yul, I noticed that Yuri’s the one who’s always making the effort.”

Yoona gasped at Sooyoung’s revelation. She loves Yuri endlessly and she knows that she’s showing Yuri that. “I love Yuri. I’m showing that―”

“But did you give her something on National Television like a couple ring? Did you hugged her in public and claim her by grabbing her ? Did you get her attention by flipping your hair ily? Did you initiate skinship with her no matter what people think? Did you talk about her with so much adoration like Yuri does to you?”

Yoona was stunned on the questions that Sooyoung has on her. She guess that Sooyoung’s right. All Yuri ever does and showing her love for her and not caring what people would think about her. But how about her? Doe she show Yuri how much she means to her?

“I gues not.” Sooyoung mumbled. “You know, I’m not being biased here and I’m not making a competition on who loves more than whom. You’re both my friend. All I’m saying is, be fair to Yuri. What she wanted is so little to what she’s done to you. She’s not asking you to do as much because she knows that you’re not into big gestures and you’re a private person.  That is a girl to keep right there, Yoong.”

Yoona thought of what Sooyoung said. The tall shikshin is right. She must’ve done something to reassure the girl that she’s important to her.

“I guess you’re right, Soo. Thanks.” Yoona smiled.

“Of course, I am!” Sooyoung smirked. “Now, let’s go to the salon and dye our hair. We have a Halloween to prepare to!”

SM Halloween Party

Music’s blaring from the huge speaker as the party starts. Halloween vibes were seen everywhere through fake smoke, candles and dim lights. Every idol and staffs were into their best Halloween costume yet. Everyone wants to grab the ‘Best Halloween costume’ award because they all know that Lee SooMan-sunbae doesn’t disappoint with his prizes. He knew that his artists worked hard and they deserved to have fun every once in a while.

“OMO! I’m liking the concept this year!” Tiffany gushed as she took a photo of everything that her eyes caught.  She’s wearing Little Red Riding Hood this year.

“Totally agree with you,Pany-yah.” Hyoyeon, the devil girl,  nodded as she ate a piece of caviar she got from a passing waiter earlier. “Where are the others, Soo?”

Sooyoung, who’s donning Sadness’ costume from Inside out, put down her glass ball and snatched a piece of caviar from Hyoyeon’s plate. “uuhh, Sunny can’t join due to her radio show, Taengu is on her concert, she’ll join us later, Seobaby is on her way, no word from YoonYul, though.”

“Oh. Jinja? Are they even coming? You said that they’re okay now?” Tiffany asked as she started scrolling her contacts to contact the couple. All the girls knew the problem with the couple and as their sisters, they wouldn’t let the couple fight because of a petty problem.

“I visited Yuri last night at her house because I brought Hani and Dooe their snacks. Yoona was there visiting as well, they seemed okay.”  Sooyoung assured her sisters.

“Unnies!” Seohyun, wearing her Maleficent costume smiled as she approached her unnies.

 “Joohyun-ah. You look so…evil.” Hyoyeon grinned as she teased the maknae.

“Unnie!” Seohyun whined at her favorite unnie. “But thank you, though. Do I look okay? I saw Go Ara unnie wearing the same thing and she looked beautiful.”

“You’re gorgeous, Joohyun-ah.” Tiffany smiled her precious eye-smile at the maknae.

“Joohyun-ah, you’re lovelier in that costume.” Sooyoung smiled at her. “Now, where are your two unnies?”

Seohyun sat beside Hyoyeon and suddenly remembered. “Oh yeah! That’s what I was about to say! I saw them earlier when I arrived. They were together in a different car from me. All I got to say is they are so cute together!”  the maknae fangirled.

“Really?” Sooyoung asked excitedly and started to stare at the door anticipating the couple.

“They’ll be here. Calm down.” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at the two. She’s happy that her favorite couple decided to go together but it’s nothing but normal for her. Since the argument of the two, it’s right for them to come together at the party. If they come in couple costume then, that would be something else. That will prove that Yoona is making a huge move on their relationship. She’s ready to show the world that Yuri is her girlfriend.

Speaking of the couple, Tiffany squealed upon seeing the couple which made Hyoyeon pulled out from her thoughts.

“OMONA! THEY LOOK SO CUTEEEE” Tiffany said giddily. She grabbed her phone and started snapping pictures.  

“Told you they look so cute!” Seohyun clapped excitedly at her unnies.

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung smiled contentedly at the couple. Finally, Yoona manned up and do what she’s supposed to do.

All four of them, along with everyone, got their eyes on the couple who arrived. Standing by the entrance were Yoona and Yuri smiling at everyone, hand-in-hand.  They were wearing Minnie and Mickey Mouse costume which made everyone gushed on how cute they are. They started to make way to their member and waved at the people they knew.

When they reached their table, they smiled at their friends.

“Hi guys.” Yoona smiled shyly. Her unnies and the maknae smiled at her.

“Finally, Yoong.” Sooyoung winked at the young girl.

“Yeah, Yoong. Good job.” Hyoyeon grinned at her.

 Yoona smiled and looked at her girlfriend whose smiling proudly at her. She smiled back.

“Of course, I’m not WhippedYoong for nothing.” She joked, recalling her friend’s nickname for her.

“So, what made you decided to wear the costume?” Tiffany asked as she watched Yoona pulled a chair for Yuri before sitting beside her girlfriend.

“Well, Soo and Hyo unnie made me realized a lot of things, Pany unnie. That includes of threatening me that my girlfriend will leave me if I don’t get my together.” Yoona giggled at Yuri who immediately cupped for slipping a bad word.  The girls smiled at them.

“That and a threat that I will call someone to be my partner for my costume.” Yuri wrapped her arms on Yoona’s.

“Who’s the one you’re thinking of asking in case Yoong will continue being a jerk?” Sooyoung asked. She’ completely enjoying the jealous look on Yoona’s face right now.

Yuri looked at Yoona briefly before turning back to her friends. “Nadja unnie.” She grinned.

“WHAT?! HELL NO!” Yoona stomped her fist on the table which made the other people on the other table jumped in shock.  The girls laughed at the doe eyed girl’s jealousy. “Yah! How can you laugh at me like that?!You know how that Nadja can’t keep her hands off my Yul!”

“You look so funny being Jealous, Yoong!” Hyoyeon said in between her laughter.

“Yeah! It’s like you’re going to kill someone with your jealousy.” Sooyoung goaded.

“YAH!” Yoona sulked. Yuri put her head on her shoulders and cooed, “Yoong~”

Yoona rolled her eyes at her girlfriend’s aegyo. She’s supposed to at mad but she guess she lost now.

No one can resist Kwon Yuri’s aegyo. Even her.

“Before you ask, Yul, yes, I’m jealous. Happy?” Yuri nodded.

“May I know why?” Yuri asked in her aegyo voice as she poked Yoona’s cheek.

Yoona rolled her eyes, “Who wouldn’t? With you wearing that kind of costume?!” Yoona gestured at Yuri’s Mickey Mouse costume. She had to admit that she doesn’t approve of the cut of the costume but this is what her girlfriend wants, she has no choice but to agree. But she’s not complaining. Deep inside her, she’s proud that her girlfriend is this hot. She’s laughing at her jealous guy friends right now. 

“I have the right to be jealous you know?” Yoona continued.

“What if this night didn’t happen and I went with Nadja and you went wearing a different costume, what will you do?” Yuri asked out of curiosity.

Yoona without a thought replied, “I’ll snatched you from her and kiss the hell out of you.” She nodded confidently at her answer which made the girls rave like fangirls listening to their OTP.

Yuri blushed at the thought and teased, “I should call Nadja, then.”

“Yah!” Yoona yelled. “You don’t have to call her, all you have to do is ask.” She winked which made Yuri slap her arms playfully.

“OMO! STOP IT! MY HEART CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” Sooyoung yelled as she held her heart as if it’s going to jump out of her chest.

The girls continued on talking with each other as the night goes by. The party started with Leeteuk  as the host for the night―they even chose the year’s best Halloween costume which won by Luna. Sooyoung’s lived up to her costume by not snatching the Best Costume award. It’s even a surprise when she and Yuri got the Best Couple award. On her excitement, she received the award without even waiting for her girlfriend to stand up. Yuri’s enjoying her adorableness so she let her on her own.

The party continues and everybody were busy taking pictures, catching up with their label-mate or just partying. Even though, Yoona promised not leave Yuri’s side, she let her girlfriend walked around to say ‘Hi’ to other people. She smiled as Yuri talked with their sunbae, BoA, who’s wearing a nun costume. It’s funny to think that these two Kwons are wearing to different costumes. Maybe it already dawned on them when they both looking at each other in their costumes and started laughing. Yoona giggled as she drink her champagne. She’s not much of a drinker and it made her feel lightheaded.

“So…what’s up my favorite SNSD member?” LeeTeuk put an arm around Yoona as Siwon and Changmin sat around with them.

Yoona rolled her eyes at her close oppas. It’s no wonder that these guys were close to Yoona. They knew every secret that the doe eye girl has―even the very beginning stage of her feelings with Yuri. They are the ones who helped Yoona cope up with herself.

“Shut up.” Yoona mumbled which made LeeTeuk smiled at her. “So, really, Yoong, what’s up?”

“Not much, oppa.” Yoona replied as continued watching Yuri going around tables, saying hi to everybody. Now, she’s having selcas with Minho and SHINee boys. She’s surprised that she’s not jealous. In fact, she’s happy seeing that Yuri’s nothing but friendly with other guys.

“Not much? But we saw you earlier, arriving with her, hand-in-hand while posing for the cameras .” Siwon smirked.

“I do that all the time with her.” Yoona answered as finished her champagne before grabbing the bottle to pour her another glass.

“You’re not leaving her side. You’re like glued to each other the entire time. We’re surprised that you’ll let her talk to other people.” Changmin turned to reason.

“Well, we went here together with the same costume. We’re supposed to be together.” Yoona reasoned.

“That is another one. You went here with her with the same costume―couple costume to be precise. We all know that you’re keeping it a secret with Yuri but why suddenly change of heart? You’re a private person, Yoong. Aren’t you scared that people might talk?” Leeteuk asked.

“No.” Yoona said confidently as she finished her champagne in one drink. The three guys let her drink as much as she wants since she’s at the right age. They’ll be there to help her when it gets too much.

The three boys raised their eyebrows at the young girl.

Where was the anxious young girl before?

The one who’s scared of how she’ll handle her relationship with Yuri?

Leeteuk smiled at his dongsaeng’s new found confidence. “I’m happy that you’re confident now, little Yoong.”

“Am I not confident before?” Yoona asked.

“Yep.” Siwon said immediately. “Gone were the days of hiding your feelings to your favorite unnie. The days were you dated other guys just to ‘stop’ your feelings for her. When she said that she’s starting to like SeungHwan while you’re in Japan, you were so broken; you said you’re going to move on from her. You even dated SeunGi just to prove your point.” Yoona immediately shook her head at her stupidity at that time.

“When you saw how Yuri broke down when SeungHwan left her just to chase his dreams, you promised yourself not to hurt her because it hurts seeing her sad.” Changmin continued.

Yoona remembered how broken Yuri was when she admitted to the members that she and SeungHwan were over. Yuri thought that SeungHwan was the guys for since he’s the one who manned up and date a girl like her and liked her not because she has a nice body. Yoona knew all of this because she was there when Yuri needed someone for her. Yoona cried when Yuri cried for someone else. That’s the time Yoona realized that she needs to confess to Yuri. That SeungHwan’s love for her was nothing compare to what Yoona has.

“We were shocked when one day, news came up that you broke up with SeunGi and went we were at SMTown concert, you come up to us and said that you’re going to confess to Yuri.” LeeTeuk recalled. “You did and Yuri accepted you to be her girlfriend. But things were a bit off. You got scared that people might notice just like what happened before so you tried your best to hide your relationship with her.”

“I guess Yoona’s confidence was not gone. It’s there, waiting to pounce.” Siwon commented which made the two other guys nodded in agreement. “She’s just over-protective of Yuri. You know how’ll the public will react when they’ll know this. But we’re happy that you’re starting to show people that Yuri’s your girlfriend, Yoong. Don’t worry your secret is safe with us.” Siwon winked at her and smiled his infamous smile.

“Don’t worry about a thing, Yoong. We got your back. Besides, people are bit dumb. They might see you as close friends. You’re in the same group and best friends for a long time.” LeeTeuk encouraged.

Yoona smiled at them. They obviously knew her. Their words encouraged her that she got nothing to worry about. Her feelings with Yuri are real and it’s still the same since she first saw her.

“Now, all you have to do is reassure your girl, Yoong.”  Yoona heard Changmin said. “We’re keeping an eye on you and it seems like Yuri is doing a bit of effort. You may do what like she does. Be discreet.” He grinned.

Yoona looked back at her girlfriend whose sitting alone at their table, playing with her phone.

“Go. Let’s see how Im Yoona do her moves on a hot girl like Yuri.” Changmin smirked.

“YAH! DON’T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT, OPPA!” Yoona yelled.

“What?! She’s hot, isn’t she? Do you know how all the guys here were so envious of you?! Good thing the company knows that you’re dating or else they’ll make a move on her.” Changmin .

“I would never let that happen!” Yoona growled, the three guys laughed out loud. Obviously  enjoying JealousYoong. “AARRRGGHH! I HATE YOU GUYS! EVERYBODY’S ENJOYING ME LIKE THIS!”

Yoona marched away from the guys and made her way to her lonely girlfriend. Yuri looked up from her phone and smiled at Yoona. The doe eyed girl sat beside her and peek at her girlfriend’s phone.

“So, what are you doing here, Mickey?” Yoona teased.

“Nothing much just drinking my champagne alone while my Minnie was busy talking with her friends.” Yuri smiled with no hint of jealousy. She knew that the oppas were close to Yoona and very supportive of them.

“Mianhe~” Yoona pouted cutely. Yuri noticed a bit of color on Yoona’s cheeks which means that the girl had a bit of drink. “Why didn’t you come up to us and join?” she said as she laid her head on Yuri’s shoulders.

Yuri giggled. Completely enjoying a lightheaded Yoona. “It’s like the oppas were too serious on talking with you. I don’t want to interrupt. I just sat here enjoying you squirm.”

They kept quiet for a while. Listening to the song playing, they giggled as they heard their song, “Check”  blaring on the speakers.

Yoona nuzzled on Yuri’s neck and hummed to the song. Yuri giggled and started singing,

“We’re getting closer
Heart to Heart
My squirming instincts start to bloom and tickle
Dangerously so you might find out
Take a chance, without you knowing
I want to captivate you
I’m ready...”

Yoona giggled and sang along,

“Lipstick Check
High Heels Check
Hair Style Check
Check Check Check
Smile check
Perfume check
Sweetly Check Check Check…”

She sang those lines as she played with Yuri’s finger before interlacing it with hers. They both
listened to the song and looked at her girlfriend’s phone. Yoona pulled away and asked, “So, what were you doing on your phone before I came here?”

Yuri eyed her phone and started fiddling it. “Oh.” She smiled as she started scrolling in an app where she frequently uses. “I was scrolling my timeline when I saw this post of yours.” Yuri showed Yoona her Instagram page. There were not much posts, most of it were her selcas except for one―the one with Yuri which their manager took earlier before the party.

“So? It’s a photo of us?” Yoona said, confusingly.

Yuri rolled her eyes at her girlfriend. “I know. But don’t you notice anything?”

Yoona looked at the photo. Did she post a wrong photo? The caption seems right, right? Did she reveal anything?

Yuri sighed and hit her girlfriend lightly on the head. “Babo~ did you notice that I’m the first person you mentioned in your account which you didn’t normally do.”

Yoona finally came to realize this. She’s never a fan of SNS accounts. She protects her privacy too much and she doesn’t think she’ll handle the bashing of the fans but the girls assured her that it’s okay, especially her Yuri.

“Really?” Yoona asked which made Yuri giggled in amusement.

“Yes. It was a brave thing to do, Yoong. Gomawo~” Yuri said sweetly and kissed the girl on her cheek.

Yoona’s eyes shined and blushed at her girlfriend. “W-well…” Yoona stammered.

“Well what, Yoong?” Yuri said coyly.

Yoona didn’t know if it’s the alcohol but it’s making her braver and started to move her face towards Yuri. Yuri started to pulled away, thinking that they were not supposed to do this in a place like this.

“Yoong, people might see.” Yuri mumbled as she looked down. Yoona put her chin up and smirked at the girl.

“I don’t care and besides, most of them were gone and drunk anyway. They wouldn’t notice.” Yoona keeping her face near the girl, leaving almost no space in between.

“Are you sure?” Yuri asked.

“Of course, Yul. I need to show them that you’re mine.” Yoona said huskily which made Yuri’s heart skipped a beat.

Yoona finally closed their gap and started kissing Yuri. They were sweet at first and when Yuri finally got the courage to kiss back, she leveled with Yoona’s ferocity. Yoona smirked at the kiss and started pulling Yuri to sit on her lap without breaking their pace.

Finally, Yuri gasped out for air. “Wow. This is even braver, Yoong.” She breathed out.

Yoona smirked and kissed the girl briefly on the lips before saying, “you ain’t seen nothing yet, my Yul.”

They kissed again until the kisses turned into making out. Yuri started to bit Yoona’s bottom lip as the young girl’s hands made its way to her girlfriend’s giving it a squeeze before pulling it into her. Yuri moaned as Yoona started to kiss her neck. Both of them knew where this will head and Yoona doesn’t want to give people a show.

“Let’s get out of here?” Yoona said as she bit Yuri’s ear. Yuri nodded and grabbed Yoona’s hand before pulling away.

They were about to head out when they heard whining. They looked at the direction where they heard the voices and saw Changmin, Leeteuk and Siwon.

“WHY NOW?! WHY ARE YOU GOING HOME?!” Siwon whined.

“THE SHOWS ABOUT TO GET FUN!” Changmin followed

“I WAS ABOUT TO GET MY CAMERA!” Leeteuk showed his camera to the couple.

Yoona growled and showed them the finger. “NOT IN A MILLION YEARS, OPPA!”

Yuri slapped her hand and pulled her away to the front door, “BYE OPPAS! SEE YOU WHENEVER!” the blackpearl yelled with the growling deer in tow.

-END-

***

LOL! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU  THINK ;)

Twitter: twitter.com/jojo_adeque