Broken Masquerade

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chansung hugged Nichkhun tightly in his embrace as the latter struggled to free himself. The trauma and silent panic had finally took control over the latter. He woke up a few minutes ago, but unable to recognize anyone near him. His cries echoed in the room, along with Chansung and Wooyoung's voices to calm him down. The oxygen mask was thrown to the floor. The doctor and nurse tried to help but Junho refused to. It seems like Nichkhun couldn't recognize anyone and strangers made him frightened even more.

"Hyungg!!! Calm down...calm down...it's me..it's me...hyungg..." Chansung tried his best not to shout at the older, afraid if he might scare the latter again.

"Let me go! Let me go!" Nichkhun panted as his breathing is not that stable yet. But all the emotion that had been kept suddenly burst out. He was afraid. Too afraid to awake in unknown place with unknown people. Too afraid that he wish someone he knew was right there next to him, telling him that everything is fine. Too afraid that even the strangers would leave him too if he got too close to them. Too afraid about himself, either he can move forward or not. Either he can be in 2PM or not. Either 2PM will be forever or not. He was too afraid. The last thing he remembered was the fire around him. The fire as if preventing him to move forward and blocking any other safe route for him. But he was hoping someone would help him. Someone would come across the fire, break the glass box and held his hand. But the fire burnt the hope as woods fallen. He thought that was the last day of his life. But the last day was in fear and sadness. 

"Hyunggggg, look at me...look at me..." Chansung pulled himself away, held both of Nichkhun's arms. Nichkhun's lips trembled with tears on his face. His unstable breathing made Wooyoung quickly took the mask and gave it to Chansung. 

"This is me...Chansung...You are fine now...You are safe..." Chansung said slowly and clearly, making Nichkhun stopped his struggle as he looked at Chansung in the eyes. Taking the advantage, he placed the mask back while embracing him gently. 

"No...no..." Nichkhun shook his head slowly, tried to struggle again. Chansung cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears. If Nichkhun was only having usual nightmare and behaving like this, if Nichkhun was much more younger than him, he would showers him with kisses and pecks. But this is his hyung.

"Look around you carefully," he said. Nichkhun gulped hard and followed Chansung's words. He looked around him carefully like a baby. He began to calm down a little, try to register the sight well. He began to lean against Chansung's chest as he fist the maknae's tee.

"I'll take it from here...don't worry," Chansung said with smile towards the doctor and nurse. They bowed and leave the room in worry. Inside the room, Wooyoung and Junho sat next to the bed, while Chansung embraced Nichkhun tightly, his head and back.

"It is okay now hyung...everything is okay..."

"Sorry that we're late..." Wooyoung said, carefully approached them. Junho didn't say anything. He watched as Nichkhun sobbed sile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter