The Unexpected

Run Away Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up, everything was dark.  There was no noise at all, just the quiet echoes of footsteps coming toward me.  Where the hell am I?  I want to go home.  “There is no need to be worried.  I’m not going to hurt you,” the mysterious man said.  His voice was low and romantic. 

“Who are you?” I asked him.

“I am Gary, I work for your father; I’m the stable hand.  I suppose I shouldn’t have surprised you like that and brought you here,” he replied.

“Well Gary, can I please go home? I have a wedding I need to get ready for.”  Not that I really wanted to marry that pig. 

“No, you can’t leave.  The man that you are supposed to marry you isn’t who he says he is.  He is not Prince Lee Suk-jin of Marigold; he is Ji Suk-jin of Flora.”

“Do you mean the man who tried to kill the royal family of Flora?”           

“Ah, so you do pay attention to our world’s news.  There was a threat sent to your home awhile back.  It said that if you don’t get married to Prince Lee Suk-jin of Marigold then your entire family would end up dead.  The reason that this was sent is because Ji was to be killed unless he was married.  He saw that your parents were looking for a husband for you and decided that you fit the bill.”    

“Oh My God, What am I going to do? I have to tell my parents!”

“No!  You can’t leave.  He wants to hurt you.”

"Are you just gonna keep me here while my family is being hurt then?”

“No.  I’m going to go and kill him and you are going to stay here until he is dead.”

“So I’m supposed to sit here in this cave until you get back because, to be frank, that’s not happening.  I’m going to go with you,” I yelled at him.

“You are quite difficult, you know that.  Fine, you can go but don’t do anything stupid.  I’m going to go get some food.  You stay here.  Is there anything that you want Ji-Hyo?”

I didn’t know if I could really trust him.  “Whatever works,” I told him.  With a click of his heels he turned around and walked into the darkness.  There is something that makes me feel safe and then another part that makes me feel uncomfortable.  I should have known.  There had been a blurry photo of him in the paper and the name did sound familiar.  I should have seen it.  Seriously though, he could have changed his whole name, just not his surname.  If I had known, my family wouldn’t be in grave danger.  I will just have to go along with everything that is going to happen.  I was tired.  I laid on the cold ground of the cave, trying to find a comfortable position.  No matter which way I twisted and turned I was in pain.  I don’t know what he did to knock me out but it really hurts now.  I should probably try and get some sleep.  I found the most comfortable position I could find and closed my eyes.  I hadn’t realized how tired I actually was. I fell asleep instantly.  When I awoke Gary was sitting next to me reading a book.  He had untied me, given me a blanket, and had put a pillow under my head.  Wow, he must be nicer than I thought that he was.           

“Ji-Hyo,” he whispered, “are you hungry?”

“Very,” I replied trying to stay quiet.  Gary stood up and walked into the darkness, just as he had done earlier.  Moments later he was back with a plate full of sandwiches.  They looked delicious.  He set them on the ground next to me and I grabbed one.  It was filled with turkey, tomato, lettuce, and cheese.  I took one b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter