The Day My Life Changed (Edited)

Run Away Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji-Hyo, Ji-Hyo.  Wake up, it’s time to wake up!” My mother yelled at me.  .  It’s time to wake up already, I thought to myself.

“Coming, Momma!” I replied with the least bit of happiness in my voice.  God. One second of sleep and she’s already is yelling for me.  Does she think that I sleep all night?

“Ji-Hyo, your father wants to see you when you are dressed.” My mother harped.

“Ok.” What the hell does dad want? I got dressed with the least bit of taste I could find: An indigo silk gown, bright yellow pumps, and this god awful brooch that my great-great grandmother had gotten me. I walked down the stairs of our castle, into a huge parlor, and into my fathers living quarters.  

“Father? Momma told me you wanted to see me?”

“Ah, yes, dear.” My father said with his deep voice.  He was pulling his long dark hair into a ponytail.  “We have a very young and handsome guest coming to meet you tonight for dinner, Prince Lee Suk-jin of Marigold.  He wishes to meet you and perhaps even, that is if you like him, marry you.”

“Father! You told me that I could choose whom I went on dates with and whom I didn’t.  You said that you would never pick anyone for me.” I yelled, the anger radiating off my fair skin.

“Well, everyone you have brought home is common, and unmannerly.  Now go upstairs and change your clothes.  I don’t want our guest to see you in such an un-orderly fashion.”

“Yes, Papa.”  I left my father's neat office and went upstairs to my room.  I un-knotted my long ebony hair and let it fall loose. My father is setting up an arranged marriage.  He is evil!  I removed my clothes and sat at my dressing table. Why me?  Is it because I am not pretty enough or because I’m not interested in marrying a rich man?  Why? My body shivered at my thoughts.  My brown eyes were moist now.  I wanted to cry.  No Ji-Hyo!  Keep your composure!  Maybe he’s a nice guy.  I went to my closet and pulled out my formal wear (only to be worn when there were guests).  I pulled a bright rose color gown with lace on the trim.  It was probably the best dress that I owned. 

I brushed the dust off of my dress and slipped it on.  I pulled out my pantyhose and rose pink colored shoes.  Then I went over to my jewelry box and got out my mother's pearl necklace.  I braided my hair and put it up into a high bun then grabbed a cloak and headed toward my bedroom door.  I felt beautiful again.

“Ji-Hyo, my dear.  Our guest has arrived.” My mother called for me.

“Coming, ma.”

-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter