Chapter 9

Black Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20 December

She was terrified. Minhee was terrified.

She wasn’t ready for a new family, she didn’t want a new family. She loved her family, even though it lacked her mother’s love, and her father wasn’t there for them anymore. It was far from perfect, but that was enough.

Her mind began to imagine on how her life was going to be after her mother remarried that man. She couldn’t walk around freely because her step-siblings were there. She couldn’t watch late night movie marathon because her new family would be bothered.

And the thing that terrified Minhee the most, was Taehyung is going to be there, living under the same roof with her.

It wasn’t the best idea, no, it was the worst ever.

Minhee never wanted another brother or sister, Jinhee was perfect already, why would she need someone else?

With a heavy sigh, she focused back to the match in front of her. It was a few days before winter break, and her school made some sport match while the teachers were busy calculating their scores.

Currently, she was watching Jaehwa’s badminton match. Her best friend was actually one of the best badminton players in her school, and sometimes that made her felt useless. Minhee actually wanted to learn on how to play instruments, but she wasn’t born with the talent, unfortunately.

The match was exciting, each of the audiences cheered for their favorite player. Jaehwa was playing badminton, giving all her focus on it. She became a different person once she started playing.

Minhee’s smile grew when Jaehwa kept smashing the ball to her opponent. She was a pro, Minhee knew that.

“Go Jaehwa!” she cheered loudly, clapping her hands.

I didn’t tell Jaehwa about my parents yet. I need to tell her, she thought, before focusing back to the game.

A loud cheer erupted when the game finally ended. Minhee was the first to stand up, but her small body got beaten by the others who also rushed to congratulate the winner, which is Jaehwa.

“Hey!” she frowned when numerous bodies collided with her. She was struggling to maintain her balance, and she failed.

Whilst she was being pushed around, she didn’t pay any attention to other things. She tripped and fell down, just when the crowd started to disperse.

“Oh great” Minhee felt pain on various places as she tried to sat up.

After a successful try to sit up, she noticed a pair of shoes in front of her. Boys shoes. Looking up, her breath hitched. The boy in front of her looked devilishly good, just in his jeans, sneakers, black hoodie and a t-shirt beneath.

His sharp eyes pierced through hers, sending chills to her body. The pain that she felt was long gone, replaced by a weird sensation. She felt her back run cold, the effect of his stare.

What is he doing here, in our school?

***

Realization hit her like a wave and her eyes darted everywhere, trying to look for another person he possibly went there with. When she found none, she felt slightly relieved.

I’m glad he’s here alone. But that’s still bad.

“Wh-wha—“ she tried to ask, but her fear made her unable to say a word.

The boy in front of her wasn’t man of many words, he just watched her with his sharp eyes. She was feeling nervous and terrified, yet another part of her was curious. Sometimes she really hated that side of her.

When she didn’t say anything further, the boy raised an eyebrow. Just when he was about to open his mouth, the girl looked terrified, and ran away.

Minhee finally realized it was Jung Jungkook, one of Taehyung’s friends, which made him just as dangerous as the others. Honestly, she didn’t know why she was terrified whenever she saw them. She never saw any further weird actions, besides Taehyung that keep eyeing her.

It was just that day, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter