Chapter 7

Black Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 December

 

December already reached the middle, but the cold was just beginning. If anything, it just got colder. Minhee need to keep up with it until February comes to an end.

The bags under her eyes clearly showed how much sleep she got these days. Touching it slightly, Minhee sighed in relief. Finally, the final exam has finished. Students around her chattered happily on how they would spend their holiday.

At this, she sighed in disappointment. She had this feeling that her holiday consisted nothing more than video games, internet, movies and food. That’s the best she could imagine about what she would do in her holiday.

Minhee wanted something more of course. She really wanted to have a vacation with her family. Nothing expensive, she just wanted them to have fun times together.

But it’s nothing more than a dream.

Jaehwa went home as soon as the two of them got out from their school gates. Her family was planning to go for a vacation to their hometown.

Thinking of hometown, her mind replayed the scene a few years ago, when her family was still warm and fun. She remembered playing on a hide and seek with her friends. It was fun back then, when there were still many plants and bushes to hide behind.

This is her hometown, but mostly has changed.

Anyway, she cheered herself up. I think I did well on my chemistry exam. And others too, I hope.

She winced when she remembered that she messed up her math exam big time. Yeah, at least I got 3 or 4 handled.

Minhee went into the same bus stop as usual, just then she noticed her stalker not far. Paying no mind, she shrugged. It’s been two weeks or so since his first appearance, and he did nothing more than just following her.

Sometimes she thought he was her secret guardian—that’s what the stories she read refer to. Her own personal guardian. That sounds nice, Minhee nodded in approval, smiling all by herself. Even though he never saved her from anything, since she didn’t bump into trouble this month.

Isn’t that a relief?

Her bus came, and she went up, just like usual.

Minhee went down from her bus, followed by her stalker. Paying no heed to him, she took out her phone from her blazer’s pocket, dropping something.

Unfortunately, the girl is oblivious to her clumsiness and continued to walk, talking with Jaehwa.

“I envy you so much,” Minhee frowned.

Her stalker was the opposite, he was aware of the slightest things that happened, including that something she dropped. It was so delicate and thin within his palm. He picked it up, then examined it.

It was a bracelet, with small chains and a small diamond as a pendant. He looked up to Minhee who was a bit far in front of him, then quickened his pace to catch up with her. However, he stopped a few meter behind her, following her with the pace he usually do.

Cold wind was merciless, and Minhee shivered. The street was quiet, the sound that filled it was just her conversation with Jaehwa and their footsteps.

He watched as she entered her house, still conversing with her best friend. He just stood there silently, the bracelet dangled from between his fingers.

***

“I know, I know, maybe in the future I’ll marry—“ Minhee abruptly stopped her sentences as she frowned upon the shoes in her house.

There were some pairs of foreign shoes. And one of it was man’s shoes. Which is weird. Except Jinhee decided she could start hanging around with man older than her age—

“Jinhee! What are you—“ Minhee rushed inside her house, only to be greeted with a shocking view.

Minhee almost fell if she didn’t grip onto the cupboard near her for her dear life. There, in the living room, sat her mother—with a huge smile on her face, a man—who smiled at her mother adoringly, Jinhee—who had an unpleasant look on her face, a girl—probably younger than her, and a boy—which no doubt, she recognized as a member of Bangtan Sonyeondan, Kim Taehyung.

What in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter