Chapter 8

Black Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 December

Jungkook sat silently on his bed, resting his arms on his thighs. He seemed to be in a deep thought. His eyes were unmoving from the floor, his eyebrows knitted together, and his lips were pursed.

His room was dark. The only light that brightened the room was the moon and stars on the sky. His dark blue curtains moved because of the wind that went in from his windows. It was refreshing.

A refreshing atmosphere to soothe the boy who was immersed in his thoughts.

The sudden harsh wind made him look back to his windows. The snow started to fall slowly. He was unfazed by the cold, but he closed his windows. He was quiet for a few seconds.

“Whatever” he said and headed out from his room.

The bright light welcomed him as soon as he opened his door. He squinted his eyes and once he adjusted himself with the sudden light, he went out from his room, closing his door quietly behind.

After he tuned out his thoughts, he finally noticed vague voices from the living room. Putting his hands on his pockets, he walked downstairs.

“What date today is again?” J-Hope wrote down on his notebook.

“For the tenth time, it’s 19 December!” Suga—who looked extremely annoyed, yelled.

“Oh, yeah, right,” J-Hope nodded, paying no attention to the fuming boy.

“Don’t be such a grumpy old man, hyung,” Jimin grinned, busying himself with pressing the TV’s remote.

“You should stop changing the channels,” Jin snatched the remote from Jimin’s hand who whined immediately.

“What’s with people today?” Jimin pouted and slumped himself to the couch like a child. “Where’s Taehyung anyway?” he asked, still sulking.

Jungkook tensed at Namjoon’s side. His eyes wondered to Jimin almost immediately, staring sharply at the boy.

“Stop whining, you’re not a kid anymore,” Namjoon said, sitting down on the small couch beside Jin. “You’re almost 18 years old.” He eyed the boy.

“I don’t care, okay, I act like what I wanted to” Jimin rolled his eyes. Jungkook stayed silent by the end of the stairs.

“Where’s Taehyung?” Jin asked, ignoring the glare Jimin gave him.

Namjoon leaned back to the couch. “He’s having a family meeting today” he said, eyeing J-Hope who was unusually quiet by the dining table.

“What family meeting?” Jimin asked, leaning closer to pay more attention to the things Namjoon said. Jungkook, too, eyed the older boy.

“His father is going to remarry someone,” Suga answered for Namjoon, yawning after.

“What?!” Jimin and J-Hope yelled, J-Hope quickly ran to the living room with wide eyes and a baffled look.

“How?” Jin asked, equally confused and surprised to the sudden news.

Namjoon frowned at them. “What’s weird with falling in love again?” he asked back.

They went quiet immediately, deep in their own thoughts. Jungkook frowned, thoughts were running in his head.

Suga sighed. “You guys know about his foster father’s condition right? His wife died not long after they adopted him.” He cleared. “It’s been 4 years since Taehyung joined our group,” he added.

“If only he found us before his foster family did, I’m sure your father would accept him as a member,” Jimin said, a slight sadness was visible on his eyes. “Just like us” J-Hope added, sharing the same expression as Jimin.

The room was quiet as they thought of the same thing. Without saying a word, Jungkook went to the kitchen.

***

Jungkook was drinking his share while sinking deep in his thoughts. He noticed J-Hope’s presence but paid no heed to the older boy. J-Hope glanced at him before sitting back to his previous seat, engaging himself with his homework.

J-Hope suddenly jerked back at his seat. Jungkook’s eyes went up to him.

“I almost forget about our dance collaboration!” he exclaimed, eyes wide. Jungkook groaned with a scowl on his face.

“It’s been a while since we practiced it,” J-Hope scratched his head, suddenly his mind was mapping his plan on practicing. “It’s been a while since that girl asked me to practice with her” Jungkook stated, annoyed.

J-Hope laughed at the younger’s expression. “You really dislike her, don’t you?” he laughed.

“She’s annoying the hell out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter