Final 2

Cor Carmina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jonghyun?” Kibum calls out, checking his hair again in the mirror. “Are you ready?”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun says, coming out of his room.

The two of them wear black suits. Jonghyun smiles a small smile. “I’m ready. How do I look?”

Kibum looks at his boyfriend. “You look great.” He says.

Jonghyun cannot answer, because his throat is closed up. “It feels like yesterday, Bummie,” Jonghyun says in a small voice.

Kibum slides his arms around Jonghyun. Jonghyun bends his head to Kibum’s shoulder, letting tears flow.

“How has it been a year already?” Jonghyun asks.

Kibum doesn’t reply. He plays with Jonghyun’s soft blonde hair, and rubs soothing circles on his back.

“It doesn’t pass, you know.” Kibum says after a long while. “Every time you think of your grandmother, your heart will hurt, I won’t lie. It’s been almost a decade since my grandmother died, but it still hurts. I still miss her,” Kibum says. “But they’re happy. Wherever they are, they’re happy.”

Jonghyun pulls away. “Promise?”

“Promise.”

~

The five of them stand around the headstone. Kibum has an arm wrapped around Jonghyun's waist. Taemin leans his head on Minho's shoulder. Jinki places a bouquet on the stone. 

"They didn't come," Jonghyun says. "My parents. They didn't come."

"It doesn't matter, Jjong." Kibum assures him. "We're here."

Jonghyun kneels in front of the stone. "I love you, Grandma. I hope y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter