Pale Blue

Cor Carmina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Me in the black and white photo;

Me in my world that is pitch-black.

I’m so tired, I’m so tired;

I’m so sick of it.

Your colours that I see from time to time

Raise me up because you’re the only one with colour

 

Minho drove us all back home, and needless to say, the ride was very awkward. Kibum had his hand firmly in mine, and it was all I could to not spontaneously combust. Taemin and Minho had an aura of fierce desire between them. Every few seconds, Minho would glance at Taemin, and Taemin at Minho, and watching all this from the back was excruciating.

But now, Minho has dropped us all off at home, and the second that his car turns the corner, Taemin turns on Kibum.

“You.” Taemin says in a voice so low and dangerous that it scares me.

“Taeminnie,” Kibum says. “He loves you.”

Taemin’s eyes widen. “Can we talk about this upstairs, please?” Kibum says, and the weariness in his voice breaks my heart.

He leans on me as we take the elevator to our floor.

We stand in the hallway where we are supposed to separate. “So…” I say, and awkwardness fills the air. “What do we do?”

Kibum shakes his head. “I don’t know.” When he voice cracks, I realize that the glimmer in his eyes are actually tears. He’s crying.

I take a step closer and pull him to me.

He dissolves into tears into my shoulder, and over my shoulder, I can see a wide-eyed Taemin.

“Shh…” I whisper into his neck. “It’s okay, Bummie, I’ll be here, okay? I’m not going anywhere.”

“I can’t do this to you,” he sobs. “I can’t. I-” He pulls away from me and looks into my eyes. “I’ll be okay. You go home, alright?”

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

“Are you crazy?” I exclaim. “No way, Kibum!” I take a step back to gauge what was going on in that mind of his.

“I am not leaving you alone!”

“Please,” Kibum said, desperately. “I promise, I’ll be fine.”

“You’re acting insane, Kibum! Did you space out when Jinki told us what was happening to you? You could lose your mind! Literally!” I don’t mean to yell, but the anger, the confusion…

“YOU DON’T ING GET IT!” Kibum yells back at me. His cheeks are red and flushed and his eyes are wide and teary and that cute little pink nose… we’re supposed to be arguing, but he looks so cute that I can’t concentrate.

“Wh-”

Suddenly, he turns, and tries to run into his house, and it takes a second for me to swing my arm out and pull him to me, back to chest. “Please, Kibum. Fine, you’re right! I don’t get it- so make me. Make me get it.”

~

The raindrops stream down Kibum’s window, mesmerizing him. “Kibum, do you know where we are going?” his mother asked him, the back of his neck. Outside, he saw a bolt of lightning split the sky, and the deep brown hum of thunder roll under his feet.

 “We’re going to see grandma, right, umma?”

“No, Bummie,” His mother said. “We’re going to the doctor.”

“Eh?” Kibum said, because the doctor’s house was not so far away, but his mother was not lying.

“Kibummie, the doctor will tell us what is wrong with your vision, okay?” His father said from the driver’s seat.

“There’s nothing wrong with my vision, appa,” Kibum said.

“No, Kibum.” His mother’s voice smoothly flowed from a soft pale blue to hard, cold metal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter