Maroon

Cor Carmina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How do we do this?” Jonghyun asks me, once we’re done eating.

“I don’t know,” I say. “Do we go to the police?”

“Why do I have this feeling that the police won’t help?”

“Why don’t we go find out who gave your CD in the first place?” I say. “He or she must have known that your voice would have that effect on me.”

“You’re right, let’s go.”

~

We jog up the stairs to the recording studio, where Sooyoung said she’d meet us.

“Key, hi,” she says, and engulfs me in a hug. “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine,” I say. “I’m sorry about-”

“No, don’t, Key. I understand, I totally do. You can come back once you’re ready.”

“Thanks, Soo.”

“Why are you here?”

“We came to find something out. Do you remember that CD?” I ask.

“How can I forget?” Sooyoung says bitterly. “You almost ing died, Key.” Jonghyun stiffens next to me.

“Do you remember who delivered it here?”

Sooyoung thinks for a few seconds. “I don’t remember… the CD was here when we came in the morning. We actually discovered the singer at a club, but he refused to come in, so someone sent in the CD.”

“Who was it?”

“I’m not sure… I can get the CCTV, if you want. But I’ll need to know why, Key.”

“Can I tell you after I see the CCTV?”

“Sure.”

She leads us to the back room, where a TV with multiple screens showing various parts of Muse HQ. 

Sooyoung talks to a technician, and after a few minutes, one screen enlarges and starts fast-forwarding backwards.

In a few seconds, we have what we need.

“I don’t know, Key, I can’t promise anything. Hundreds of people go in and out every day, we can’t pinpoint-”

“There.” Jonghyun says suddenly, pointing. The technician pauses the screen. “That’s my CD.”

“Zoom in,” I say. The technician zooms in on the wrinkled, pale face of the person carrying the CD.

My blood runs cold.

He was supposed to be…

“No,” my voice comes out in a deathly whisper. “It can’t be.”

~

Jinki sighs in exhaustion as he sits down outside the OR. The operation he had just finished was long and gruelling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter