CHAPTER 09

Love is Lovelier on Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week and Sunggyu didn’t contact her. She took the little box from the drawer on her bedside table. She opens it..it’s a diamond bracelet. She sighs and stares up the ceiling. She knows Sunggyu is a nice person, she didn’t expect that he has this deep feeling towards. Maybe he got wrong impression on her closeness with him. Maybe he thought she likes him more than friends. Ahh.. she doesn’t know what to do. Practically, Sunggyu is a good catch – handsome as he is, many girls even daughters from rich families wanted to have a date with him. He’s a successful man who runs his own company. He’s a sweet friend who always concerns himself with all her problems. Then she shifts her eyes and look at the bracelet. Stare at it. Then Taekwoon’s face appears in her mind. Takwoon – her ex-husband. He is the cold kind to those who don’t know him but with her, he was the sweetest man alive. He cooks for her, takes care of her during his free days. They have lots of misunderstanding and they quarreled a lot too because of his busy schedule that she felt jealous of his career. Even with those problems that end up in divorce, she still can’t deny that being with him was the happiest moments of her life.

 

She closed the box and put it back in the drawer. She lies down on her bed staring at the ceiling and, she didn’t know, she felt asleep.

 

 

She opens her eyes and she feels drowning, yes indeed! She’s drowning. Why is she in water? She tries to swim but she can’t feel her feet moving. Is she having leg cramp? Oh not now. She has to swim to the shore or else she will really drown and dies. She struggles but she still can’t move even an inch, and she’s feeling tired already. Her eyes are closing already then she saw two figures coming towards her, she straightened her arms upward to wave for help.”Help” but her voice is not coming out either. Ahh she is feeling weak and tired already. The two figures towards her are getting closer already, she is sure – there is Sunggyu and there is Taekwoon. Why are they both here? With her eyes that are closing on their own, she can’t do anything anymore. She was about to drown when someone grabs her hand.

 

Eunji woke up soaking in her own sweat. Her heart beats so fast that she feels has dried. She looks around, she is still in her bed. Good thing she has no early appointment today. She feels weak and tired. She’s about to stand up when her phone rings. She takes it and sees who’s calling her. It is Takwoon. She slides it to answer.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Hello, Eunjiyah. Are you okay? You’re voice sounds off.”

 

“Yeah..I’m okay..I just woke up that’s why!”

 

“Oh..I’m sorry. Did my call wake you up? I just wondered why you didn’t come down this morning for a jog. I thought you might be sick or something.”

 

“No, I’m okay. Are you checking on me every morning?”

 

“Hmm..It’s just the usual routine to see you every morning jogging. I’m actually here at the main lobby now.”

 

“Awh. Then you can come up and have some morning coffee.”

 

“Well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter