CHAPTER 01

Love is Lovelier on Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunjiyah..I mean Ms. Jung Eunji..what brings you here?” Asked Leo, surprisingly, upon seeing Eunji in that party.He knows she is never interested in this kind of formal gatherings. Then he remembered, she and Hakyeon are friends too. But it’s been a while already since the last time he saw her, maybe two or three years ago? She’s changed..no she’s still that Eunji but she just become a little matured? He doesn’t know how to explain it but he felt excited when he saw her standing on the hall talking with Hakyeon and Bomi. He can’t believe he will see her again there. She went to States a month after their divorce. Yes, they were married for a year and 7 months before they realized they can’t live with each other anymore. Everything was so chaos. Leo can’t help remembering the past.

 

5 years ago, after meeting in the concert which they both attended with their friends. They were acquainted and quickly fell in love. So in love that they thought marriage is the best thing to tie them together. They have beautiful plan after marriage, to live their lives as happy as can be. They hardly knew each other’s personality. All he knew was she’s so outgoing, pretty and nice to be with. It was like everything was done in rush. It wasn’t the big wedding that every girl dreams about but it was done smoothly without much press’ eyes. After the wedding, everything is flowing smoothly. They went to Japan and spent a week there for their honeymoon. Everyday is like a dream for them. After a month or so, something changed. They’re back into their normal lives…WORK..WORK..

 

Leo is a well-known musical actor – singer. He has so many projects that time that he has only little time for himself and his wife. But he told her about it. He felt she’s just so clingy that she doesn’t understand how busy he is and always nag him that he doesn’t care about her anymore. After more than a year of not having really good terms with her, they decided to separate ways.

 

 Eunji went to States to study further. Her passion in Arts made her successful in her first Art Exhibit in States. She came back to South Korea to establish her own Art Gallery. Besides, she misses her family so much that she decided to stay for good.

 

 

“Oh..Mr. Jung Taekwoon. It’s been a while. How are you?” She reaches out her hand to make hand shake but Leo hesitated for some seconds. He stares at her hand before he decided to take it. He can’t believe his eyes that this woman, who was his ex-wife, will just casually shake his hand as if they never actually had a past. What a woman, he said to himself and retreat his hand. He saw Eunji smirk a little. What a little devil, he thought to himself. He doesn’t know what to feel. He felt furious seeing her looking this glamorous with that peach-colored single cut short dress that reveals her skin up to her knees. How come she becomes so beautiful? She was just cute before! He was staring at her when Hongbin taps his shoulder. Eunji wasn’t even looking at him, she’s busy chatting with Hakyeon and Bomi.

 

“Leo Hyung, how are you? Your last show was so great. I heard you’re dating your female lead in that Musical. What’s her name again? She’s a rookie right?” Hongbin keeps babbling until he saw Eunji and got his eyes widened in surprise. The three of them look at him with blank expression. He put his hand in his mouth as if he said something wrong. Leo’s ears become red. He taps Hongbin’s shoulder harder than the usual tap. Hongbin got the message. He was tactless and worse, he is talking like that in front of Leo’s ex-wife, Jung Eunji. Eunji didn’t have any reaction other than smiles at Hongbin. It’s like she didn’t seemed to care or didn’t hear a thing.

 

“Anneyeonghasseoyo, Eunji-ssi. It’s bee a long time. How have you been? I heard you did great in your first Art Exhibit. Hyung here was so proud of you..errr..I mean.. “We” are so proud of you!” Hongbin’s tongue is always slipping.

 

“Hongbin-ssi, you’re still handsome as always. How’s your work? Yeah, it’s been a while. I heard you are doing great in movies..and congratulations for that Best Actor award.” Eunji said without even giving a glitch on Hongbin’s tactlessness.

 

Leo just can’t breathe seeing her cold reactions towards him. He said goodbye first saying he has another appointment. Eunji just nods and shift her head to another direction not even looking at his back. Every one but Bomi knows every little truth about what’s happening. She just gave a big sigh silently and smiles again but her eyes were looking at Eunji.

 

It was almost 3 in the morning when the party ended. Eunji promised Bomi to sleep over. They have so many things to catch on. Although they’re keeping in contact for the past years, they still missed each other chatting personally.

 

“Ahh. I’m so tire Bomi-yah..but I missed you” Eunji said throwing herself onto Bomi’s King size bed and smiled at Bomi.

 

“You’re so annoying, you know that?” Bomi sits beside her and gave a slight hit on the shoulder.

 

“Argh..why? Did I do something wrong?” Eunji deniably and innocently ask.

 

“If I don’t know you, I would say..yeah it’s normal but girl, I’m your bestfriend and I know what’s inside your heart. I can read your every move so don’t even try to deceive me.You wench!” Bomi tries to hit her again but Eunji shift her body and Bomi hit the bed instead.

 

“Then what do you want me to do, Bomi-yah? Run to him? Saying I miss him that I almost drop my eyeballs when I saw him coming towards us in that gorgeous dark blue tuxedo?” Eunji said with a sigh of frustration.

 

“See? That’s the truth but I approved, you are a great actress. You should have continued your acting career.” Bomi smiled at her.

 

“But…Bomi-yah..Hongbin said he’s dating some rookie actress. Is that true?” Eunji said with a sad expression.

 

“Haha..so you pretended not to hear Hongbin huh..nah..I don’t know..maybe it’s just a rumor because as I can see, that rookie has a big crush on Leo oppa and she’s been making some flirtatious moves towards him.” Bomi said in console of her bestfriend.

 

“I don’t know Bomi-yah..I felt our distance was too far to reach with each other. I felt we already built a wall between us.” Eunji buried her face on Bomi’s pillow.

 

“Yah..yah..don’t be like that. I will talk to Hongbin-ssi and get some information. He’s closest to Leo oppa these days. Hakyeon oppa is very busy these days and Hongbin-ssi just finished his last project this year, so he has been spending time with Leo oppa.” Bomi suggested and Eunji abruptly sit up and holds Bomi’s hand.

 

“Will you do that for me, Bomi-yah?” she feels excited.

 

“Of course, what are bestfriends for?” She squeezes Eunji’s hand and winks at her.

 

“Ohh..Yeoppo, you’re getting prettier!” Eunji pinch Bomi’s cheek. And they laugh together. It will be a long night for them. They will chat all-night.

 

 

 

“Hyung, why are you here?why did you say you had an appointment?” Hongbin is surprise when he came home and found Leo sitting on his bar drinking alcohol silently.

 

“Here drink with me. Sorry, I came without a notice. I don’t wanna go home.” Leo said in a soft tone.

 

“No problem, you can come anytime you want. But what’s the problem? Is it about Eunji-ssi?” Hongbin sits on the stall beside him and takes the glass of wine.

 

“She got prettier,right? She got goddamn prettier.” Leo squeezes his glass and grits his teeth.

 

“Yeah..she does hyung! And she looks more stunning with her hairstyle. Ahh..was she the same Jung Eunji before?..nah, I don’t think so..she’s a changed person. I didn’t even recognize her.” Hongbin is smiling wide staring at the wall of his wine bar. And then shift his head looking at Leo. Leo was just staring the wine in his glass, thinking deep.

 

“Hyung, aren’t you happy now that she’s back? You look distracted.” Hongbin suddenly become serious.

 

“She didn’t even show any reaction at all when she saw me. She treated me as if I’m just a nobody. Is it right? Her smile was so meaningless, it doesn’t even reach her eyes.” Then he gulps the wine and firmly put it down..feeling hopeless.

 

“Can the heart changed that fast, Binnie? I mean, her heart changed so fast. Am I that easy to forget?” Leo stares at the wall and then lowers his head. He gave a big sigh then grabs the wine bottle and refills his glass. Hongbin taps his shoulder. He doesn’t know what to say to console his hyung. It’s true, Eunji didn’t seemed to care about his Leo hyung anymore.

 

“Hyung, Bomi-ssi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter