Chapter 1

Ameliorate

 

Baekhyun was late for school. He’s in a hurry. Though, his feet were starting to slightly hurt, he kept his speed. In all his haste, Baekhyun passed by a stranger. It's a bit weird seeing people, other than him, walking at this alley. The alley had became Baekhyun's secret path from his house to his school. Not a lot of people dares to walk at this alley as so many rumors had been spread that it became a suicidal place. Baekhyun used this alley frequently when he walked to school because he disliked bumping to his schoolmates on his way. He ignored the presence of the stranger, walking to the opposite direction. The only thing in his mind at the moment was the upcoming punishment he would face for attending late to school. 

 

Well, It’s not before the stranger called him by his birth name. " Byun Baekhyun? "

 

Baekhyun turned around, lending his gaze at the stranger. " Excuse me? " His brows furrowed. How the did this man knew his name.

" You're on your way to school, right? " The man with a deep low voice asked him in a rude tone.

Baekhyun scoffed. " Wearing this school uniform,early in the morning, where do you think I'm probably going? And how the do you know my name, mister-? "

" With those sleeping slippers? Really? " The man just smirked at the sight of the dumbfounded boy infront of him.

Baekhyun lowered his head just to see- 

 

a pair of ing cute baby pink sleeping slippers.

 

 

Oh..... .

 

 

Baekhyun was about to argue the man with the deep voice but the man had already turned his back and continue walking.

Baekhyun, with a lot of shame, cursed himself for being so reckless that early morning.

 

 

 

" See you soon, Byun Baekhyun ."

 

 

Baekhyun froze. The man, showing his back to Baekhyun, raised his right hand to the air.

 

" I'm sorry but do I even know you, you prick ?! " Baekhyun shouted to him.

The man on the other side, couldn't help but to smirk and mumbled, " Soon, Baekhyun. Soon. "

 

***

 

Baekhyun took his seat beside Sehun and hastily shoved his head in his hands. His classmates were making fun of him, one by one. " Had a good sleep last night huh, Baekhyunnieee ?~" , " Pink looks good on you, sweetie !!" 

 

Baekhyun couldn't help to laugh at himself , " Hey, hey okay okay enough okay? I was late for school today and i was in a big rush & i bumped into a man on my way." He chuckled.

" It's okay oppa, you are still looking good with those cute slippers~" a girl from his class whinning.

" Uuuuuuu ~" 

" Knock it off guys !! " , Baekhyun just giggled, kinda loving the teases.

Byun Baekhyun, was the most well-known boy in his school. Being a stunning good looking boy, he gained a lot of attentions & attractions from the students, no matter girls or boys. Name it; looks, academics, sports; he slayed it all. Had the most beautiful & outstanding voice, he would make anyone fell deeply in love with him & his character. And he took advantage on it. 

Yes, he even admitted to his best friend, Sehun that he was actually, kinda good player.

 

" Hey Sehun, you wouldn't believe what I just experienced when I bumped into the man that I told ?!! ", Baekhyun grunted

" Yeah I know" , Sehun was too busy focusing on his phone, that he actually could barely hear what his friend was saying. Baekhyun took the phone from Sehun, pissed at the act of his friend for ignoring his concern. 

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he saw the content of the thing that distracted Sehun from the world around him.

" Are you watching again, Oh SEHUN ?!!!!!!! " Baekhyun, almost shouted. Some of his classmates turned their heads upon hearing the statement.

 

" Oh my god, shut the up Byun Baekhyun !! I was trying to focus doing revision for our science project !! " Sehun, slurly covered. 

" What topic Oh Sehun? Reproduction? Oh my goodness, I can't believe it. You promised me the last time you're going to watch this filthy thing was three days ago !! Oh my goodness, oh my god, you prick, oh damn you ", being a total diva, Baekhyun fanned himself with his hands. His milky white skin had turned to red. He smacked Sehun with his hand.

 

Well, being a ' good player', he had one thing off. Baekhyun was a completely innocent boy & he actually hated skinshipping with people. He just, didn't like it. ? Well, he had thousands attempts to watch it, but none of it ever succeed. Yes, he never watched it. 

 

Sehun shook his head and rolled his eyes. " Whatever, Baek. So, what's up?"

Baekhyun stopped fanning himself and adjusted his seat, bringing him closer to his friend.

" Well, on my way to school this morning, I bumped into a man. I didn't quite get the chance to look at him closely at first, but I think he wasn't much older than I am. Well, truthfully, he was kinda good looking. He was like goddamn tall, maybe 10-15cm taller than me, I guess? He was wearing a black heavy coat. I mean, who the hell would wear a coat during this summer? Kinda idiot man. But with that messy brown pecan hair spiking on the top of his head, he actually caught my eye. But in a flash, that intrigue disappeared and he went on his way, hands in his pocket wow he thinks he looks cool doing it? Ha! Not at all. You know, he realized that I was wearing this ing hideous slippers and he even makes fun of it & i hate it & the weird thing was, he knows my name. Ain't it weird? Who the is he?" Baekhyun panting, finishing his ed up tale that morning with a big sigh.

Sehun just nodded and started to speak , " As a friend, Baek it was quite confusing. You admired the guy & but at the same time you loathe him? And don't be an idiot too, Byun Baekhyun. Your name tag was on your school shirt. That's why he knew your name. Idiot." Sehun poked at Baekhyun's name tag.

 

Baekhyun on the other side, trying to digest the spoken words by his friend. Hm. The name tag. Hm. Makes sense. He nodded furiously.

But wait- he admired the man? The very weirdo rude nonchalant man? Well..... nope. Nope. 

" Did I just say something, stating that I admired him, Sehun?", he asked.

" Whatever, Baek. Okay now we're done. Give me my phone back, juseyo ~", Sehun tried to act cute and pouted. He even blinked his eyes a few times.

" you ", Baekhyun shoved the phone to his friend.

 

 

***

 

" Let's skip the next class ", Baekhyun whispered to Sehun.

Sehun in reply, just nodded. Next class was history and both of them hated that subject. Well, to be exact, the teacher actually. Mr. Sungmin was one hell of a boring teacher they had ever met. 

 

***

 

They went to their favourite port, the rooftop. Each of them brought along a box of cigarette. This place is Baekhyun's second favourite place, besides the alley. The place where he and Sehun would spend their time together, idling, doing things they liked.

 

" Yo Yo Baek ~ Someones's here. " Sehun pointed to a figure. Baekhyun frowned. No one ever dared to step a foot here. Now, now, who the is this bo-

 

"Wait a minute."  Baekhyun recognized the coat that the boy was wearing.

" Sehun, " Baekhyun grunted as he made his way to that boy who was facing his back to him,


" Hey, " Baekhyun tried to brave himself.

 

The boy turned his head and -

 

" Oh, here you are, Byun-Baek-Hyun " , he smiled. 

 

" The ugly weird man..... " , Baekhyun mumbled.

 

 

 

Why was he here?