short chapter

My way home is through you

  This is short

So I'mma double post today

Hopefully I'll have the whole story up before they shoot lasers into my eyes Wednesday

I'm nervous about that one


 


 

 

 

 Hours later, it was dark. There was very little moon to see by and a wolf was sniffing Hongbin. Ken gasped as his eyes shot open and landed on the grey creature.

    “I thought you'd have a better sense of self preservation.” He coughed as he reached for the creature. There was a slight glow as he wrapped his arms around it and his skin began to mend itself.

    He wiped his mouth and saw a red streak on his fingers. He blinked in surprise before turning to see if Hongbin was alive.

    He lay there, unmoving with blood trailing down the side of his face. He felt for a pulse before cursing and biting into the wolf's throat.

    He brought the mouthful of blood to Hongbin and got him to swallow two or three times before Hongbin's eyes shot open and he looked momentarily terrified before he glared as if he couldn't be angrier at Ken.

    “Calm down, Bin. Stay awake for me. I'm taking us somewhere safe.” Ken didn't look much better than Hongbin, especially with all of the blood going down his chin. He looked around in the dark before finally seeing a trail leading up.

    He lifted Hongbin up and piggybacked him up the trail. They ended up right by the car. He was about to hotwire his own car when he saw the keys glinting in the sparse moonlight.

    “Someone up there still loves us.” Ken said softly to Hongbin who grunted in reply.

He put Hongbin in the passenger seat and read the note that the keys were on.

 

They're not paying me enough for this .

I'm giving you a head start because my family owes you big time.

They think the wolves are eating your innards, but we know better, don't we, angel?

Good luck and keep your head down.

 

    Ken headed toward Nevada until he saw the sign by the side off the road with a big, blue H. He sighed in relief as he took the exit.

    He stumbled into the urgent care clinic with Hongbin in his arms.

    “Please… help him.” He said, handing Hongbin to the nurses. “There was an accident… he needs blood.” he said before collapsing on the floor.

    “He's not showing any life signs.” One of the nurses shouted before his consciousness faded.