harrowing

My way home is through you

so i think the beginning of this chapter is a total cop out

but i couldn't think (even in the five years this stupid story has been sitting in my gdocs) how they got to the cliff

tell me if you have any ideas

 

leave me comments

i like comments



 

 

 

    Hongbin had no idea what happened. One minute they were eating lunch at a diner and the next there was a car chase. Something happened and they had to get out of the car.  Everything was a complete blur and now Hongbin was standing between two extremes. A pair of gun wielding feds and a cliff. Hongbin looked down and swallowed loudly when he was fairly certain there was no way to survive that drop.

    “Stay behind me.” Ken whispered, “remember, I promised I'd protect you.”

    “You best step away from him, boy.” One of the officers said.

    “He stays with me.” Ken said.

    “Not him, idjit. You. You need to step away from him unless you really are his accomplice and not his hostage.”

    Ken looked back at Hongbin for a moment before turning back to the two men.

    “Excuse me, WHAT?” He screeched incredulously. “What? Has anyone noticed the fact that I've been holding him at knife point this whole time?”

    “Ken, don't intimidate them.” Hongbin said softly. Hongbin put his hand on Ken's shoulder.

    “He grabbed the hostage.” The officer who had been doing all the talking said as he raised his gun. The other officer raised his gun, but Ken noticed that he wasn't pointing it at anyone. He smirked at that one and got a wink in return.

    Hongbin backed up slightly, looking in terror at the drop behind them. He looked back up when he heard a gunshot echo over the valley.

    Ken was hit in the shoulder and he stepped back far enough to force Hongbin to lose his balance.

    Ken turned fast enough to catch Hongbin over the edge of the cliff. Hongbin looked wide eyed in shock as the other man tried to pull him up, not quite registering that his shoulder had been dislocated in the fall.

    There was another crack of a gunshot as Ken was hit in the back.

    Hongbin screamed when instead of blood, Ken coughed up what could best be described as ink. Hongbin was certain that meant they hit something more than vital. Still, the older man was determined to pull Hongbin up. One more bullet sent them tumbling over the edge.

    Ken had enough time to pull Hongbin close and turn them so the older man could take the brunt of the fall.

    “The wolves are gonna have fun with them.” The officer who had been quiet up until then said.

    “So we're not gonna go get them?”

    “I ain't goin’ down there.” He said. “It's gettin’ dark"

    “Good point.”

    As they walked away, the quiet officer threw a note and the keys in through the open window of their car.