` chapter three

` all that glitters is not gold | [dark themed girl group] revealing members

` chapter three — frustrations beware

"We have a prototype debut group of five girls," Hyunjin announced, looking at the five girls that stood in front of him. "There is a possibility that you will be dropped or the trainee next to you will make the final lineup, but there is also a possibility that we will add trainees."

Hyebin looked at the Jellyfish Entertainment trainees that stood alongside her, judging them each individually. Some of them she knew better than others in terms of personality, but for skill wise...she could say that she could make evaluations.

First off, there was Kang Sunri, or Stella as the girl continued to insist on being called. She was one of the three girls that she debuted with in 2013, and she was well...a different story. Sunri could be happy and upbeat one moment, but she could be dead quiet the next. It was clear that the girl wore her heart on her sleeve, but there was something just unreadable about what was actually on her mind.

The American born girl was an ace in terms of performance skills, but her Korean skill were quite lacking and often needed correction. At the moment, she was probably the pick for main vocal. And herself, Hyebin, would be lead vocal unless someone had magical improvement from here and the beginning of 2015. But the most important part was that Sunri knew when to back off, so, she was fine with her — for now.

Then there was Ryu Hyejin, the staff member favorite, despite her lack of talent. Something about her personality just made the staff members smile, but personally, she could be hard to deal with at the end of the day especially if someone was lacking in energy. She was okay at singing and dancing, but definitely, anti-fans could use her to bring down the group if she did actually debut. Hyejin, like Hyebin, had a supposedly "unique" look in the industry as both of them had pretty eyes with monolids. As she rarely talked to the girl, she couldn't exactly say if she liked her or disliked her.

Lee Yeonhye was quite talented from her own opinion. Solid vocals, though not particularly standout, with a skill for dance. Taejin, one of the dance teachers, compared her to Cha Hakyeon, the leader of VIXX.

She was levelheaded for the most part, but Hyebin could see that the older female wanted nothing more than to be an idol and actually debut. During some of the previous trainee days, she had butted heads with the girl. Hyebin, herself, had a tendency to be snappy and Yeonhye was a perfectionist...which was an interesting combination. 

Go Jiyoung was the candidate for the maknae of the girl group, being quite young and impressionable. She was what someone might call an "aegyo rapper" as she had a rather...alarmingly high pitch voice that some may called cute...and she rapped.

Jiyoung could dance, but she was nowhere as good as Yeonhye. In fact, even Hyejin was a better dancer than her. Although the rest of the members doted on the young girl, Hyebin found Jiyoung just find annoying. The girl had zero talent, and she was clearly picked for her visuals. And she had to be honest in saying that either Sunri or Yeonhye could easily take the position.

"Is this really the lineup?" Hyebin asked, causing Yeonhye to raise an eyebrow. Although the girl was known for her sharp tongue, nobody would have expected her to actually question their decision.

Taejin stood up from his chair besides Hyunjin and then said, "Actually, no, we're doing trainee company swamps at the end of 2014. We could very well drop any of you, or add any other Jellyfish Entertainment trainee if need be."

"One of the other managers is actually trying to get into contact with—," Hyunjin began before getting a glare for Taejin. He scratched the back of his head and then said, "Well, we're not going to release any info on a possible sixth member until we get a confirmation."

The two males picked up their belongings and then began to leave the room. Taejin then told them, "Work on your individual performances for the rest of the day. The evaluations are happening in a week, and you don't want that to be the reason you get kicked out of this prototype group."

"Looks like we're in the same group again, Hyebin. Wonder what concept we're going for." Stella collapsed onto the ground and then sprawled her body out. 

"Who says we're going to be in the same group, Sunri?" Hyebin asked curtly, being completely honest. "The lineup isn't solidified yet."

"True enough," the girl sighed as Hyebin picked up her bag. She threw her dance shoes in the bag and then said, "I'll see you when they call us all back together. I need to work on my solo for the evaluations."

Yeonhye looked at the remaining girls who sat in the room.

What an interesting group dynamic they had already going on.


hyebin~ :D I'll update tomorrow as well when I have time. ^^ congratulations...~