` chapter one

` all that glitters is not gold | [dark themed girl group] revealing members

` chapter one — just curious

"Don't force your voice out, Hyejin. You'll ruin your vocal chords that way," the male said to the girl in the recording studio. With a small sigh, he then combed his hand through his hair. It was rather late, approximately eight at night. He had been let off work, but the trainee had requested that he give her extra vocal lessons before she went back to the dorms.

Being the gracious and dedicated man he was, Seunggyu decided to comply to the young female's request and help her out with her vocal technique.  As the Jellyfish Entertainment trainee did not have much "natural gift" when it came to singing and did not train much in the vocal department under her former company, it was frustrating for the vocal trainer and composer to work with. She was practically starting with nothing and working her way up. Of course, she was hardworking, and he did not want to give up on her.

"I'll try not to!" the girl chipperly responded, adjusting the headphones to fit her head better. He smiled at her and then put on the song again. Watching her jump into action to sing the song was interesting as most of the trainees dreaded vocal training.

Trainees like Sunri and Jiyoung hated vocal training as they had such a specific style and technique that was hard to correct. On the other hand, other Jellyfish Entertainment trainees were not exactly the best in that area and fled to make sure their dance or rap talents could make up for what thy lacked.

While Hyejin was not the best vocalist, she certainly was improving with each lesson he gave her. She went from being completely pitchy trainee to a girl who could definitely sing on key given the right song. 

After watching her take another jab at the song, he told her to stop and then opened up his little notebook to take notes for their next lesson. When he was done, he beckoned her to join him in the studio and began to point out a few things she could work on.

"Just please don't try to force your voice out. You have to open your throat more and let the sound flow out," Seunggyu told the female, writing it on a separate piece of paper for her to look at.

He tapped his pen lightly on the piece of paper and wrote down a couple of musical notes. "Uh, I know Sunri doesn't have practice tomorrow morning, so, uh, if she has time...ask her to play these notes on the piano. Mimic the note so we can further improve your pitch."

Hyejin put her thumbs up as in to signal that she was alright with it. "Sounds like a plan!"

"Okay, now, off to bed with you, don't wake up your roommate when you get back."

"Good luck with your date with your girlfriend tomorrow," the girl chirped before leaving the room.

"Stop looking at my planner, Hyejin!"

~ ~ ~ ~

Listening to the man's suggestion of being quiet, she began to quietly tip toe back into the room that she shared with two other trainees. One of them was a 1999er named Jiyoung, and the other was a former PHOENIX member named Sunri, or Stella as she consistently told others to call her as she was born in America. 

As it was near Jiyoung's mother's birthday, she had decided to return to Busan to celebrate. So that left the room to Stella and herself.

"You're back so late," Stella muttered quietly, rubbing her eyes as the light of the hall filled the room. Despite Hyejin trying to make no noise whatsoever, Stella was a light sleeper...and she also was wondering where the girl was at.

While it was no surprise to see the girl back passed midnight,  it was actually a shock to see Stella in bed so early. "Training with Seunggyu again?"

"Yeah," Hyejin responded with a nod. She began to grab her tooth brush and other bathroom essentials before stopping at the drawer next to her bed. "Sunri, can you help me with vocal tomorrow morning?"

Stella nodded and then pulled the blanket over her head. It was clear the girl was tired, but it seemed like she didn't spend most of the day practicing. "I'm free anytime before noon. Just wake me up and feed me...I'm exhausted right now."

Hyejin grabbed her towel and then asked, "What were you up to today?"

"Stop being a and go shower," the girl responded, not particularly enjoying being inquired at this time of night. "I'll tell you tomorrow when we practice, just let me sleep."

"Sounds like a plan, Sunri!" The Jellyfish Entertainment trainee grinned though nobody could see, and she then began to make her way out of the room to prepare for rest.


okay, so, this is a SUPER short introduction...all these chapters will be short until everyone is revealed. c: anyways, here's stella being a brat while hyejin is trying to figure out things in other people's lives. congrats, hyejin has been picked!