Happy New Year

Happy New Year

»Come on Luhan. Get your out of bed and get dressed« Chen stood in front of Luhan's bed his hands placed on his own hips while staring at the hill of blankets in front of him.

»I am not coming« the older muttered pulling the blankets closer around himself.

»Oh yes, you are! It is New Year’s Eve and everybody is gonna be there having fun so get out of your castle little princess and get ready« Chen's voice was firm as he tugged on the blankets and Luhan noticed a hint of anger in it but he didn't care. He just wanted Chen to leave him alone.

»Well then let everybody have fun. It is not like the new year will be any different. Just leave me alone« he scoffed holding onto his blankets.

»Damn it Luhan! Get up already. You have been sulking long enough and you promised to come« Chen was obviously getting angry and started grabbed the blanket with more force successfully pulling it off.

»But I am not in the ing mood! So just go take Xiumin and go away!” Luhan was now getting angry himself and he replaced the blanket with a pillow to hide his face from his annoying friend.

Before Chen could give any reply and the two of them could get into a serious fight Xiumin appeared beside him and placed a hand on his lover's back.

»I got this one baby. Could go to the kitchen and prepare some snack for us? Lu-ge and I will be there in a minute«

»As if! « Luhan mumbled to himself, while Chen just nodded and left the room. The Chinese man felt the older sit down beside him on the bed and he scooted over to give the other more space. He felt the Korean's hand caressing his back before he heard Xiumin speak up, his voice calm and comforting.

»I know you still miss him Lu-ge but it is two month already that you two broke up. You have to forget Sehun. You have to get out there and find someone else and what date would be better for that than New Year’s Eve« he chuckled a little before his voice turned serious again. »Come on Lu I don't want to spend this holiday without you«

Luhan slowly removed the pillow from his head and sat up before he looked at his friend. »I am just not in the mood Xiumin. Just go with Chen and I will stay here pitying myself. You two should spend this day together he is your boyfriend after all and…«

»And you are my best friend and I want to spend this special day with both of you so now get your y out of bed and put on some decent clothes cause you don't want to miss your chance with some cutie out there« the older interrupted his friend. »Do it for me« he added as he still saw doubt on the younger's face.

»Ok fine, I am coming« Luhan signed as he moved his legs over the edge of his bed. But please don't try do hook me up with anyone. I am not ready for that yet«

Xiumin just nodded in response and left the room for Luhan to get ready.

 

The party was at its peak and everybody was having fun only Luhan was standing in the corner alone accompanied only by a glass of champagne. Since most of their friend were too busy to return to their hometowns they had decided to spend the holiday having a little party together. He looked around seeing many of his friends, people he met ones in a while and also some new faces. He signed as his gaze fell on all the happy couples in the room holding hands or chatting happily and it didn't help at all to lift his mood. Chen and Xiumin had been missing for a while and he didn't brother searching for them.

He threw a look at his watch and groaned »Great, still one and a half hour to midnight. Just why did I promise Xiumin to stay until midnight«. He quickly drank the rest of the champagne before heading to the kitchen to get some more.

Lost is thought he suddenly felt himself bumping into someone before he fell something wet and sticky drenching his shirt. “Great, exactly what I needed to make me feel better right now!” he cursed in his head before letting out his anger.

»Hey , can't you look were you are going!? You ruined my shirt! «

»I am sorry, I am a little clumsy at times. Are you hurt or something? « something about the other's voice made his body tingle and he looked up to see a handsome man, slightly taller than himself, standing in front of him. He immediately felt his anger vanish and a little smile played around his lips at how cute the other looked with his head down biting his bottom lip in embarrassment.

»Forget it. At least now I have a reason to go home« he winked at the dark haired Chinese who finally lifted his head and seemed to freeze the same moment. Luhan looked at the other in confusion.

»Are you ok? Are you having a belated shock reaction or something like that? « he smirked.

The taller man slowly shook his head before finally speaking up.

»L…Luhan? LuLu Gege? «

»Y…Yes. How do you know? « the elder's face became even more confused. He hadn't been called by that name for years and the only person who ever called him that was…he took another look at the person in front of him and as their eyes met his heart started beating like crazy. The person in front of him look a lot different than before but his heart suddenly knew exactly who it was dealing with.

»L…Lay! « he muttered.

Lay just nodded his head before a big smile spread across his face.

»LuLu Gege! I can't believe I met you here. How have you been? « he tried to wrap the older into a hug, but Luhan pushed him back.

»Don't you dare touch! « he screamed not caring about the looks some of his friends where giving him or the hurt expression on Lay's face.

»But LuLu…« the younger attempted carefully but was interrupted immediately.

»Don't 'But LuLu' me! You lost your right to even be near me long ago! « the older Chinese spit out his eyes burning holes into the person in front of him.

»I have been trying to contact you for years, you never reacted and now you don't even let me hug you? « Tears started to spill form the taller's eyes, but he didn't care.

»I wasn't the one to go! I wasn't the one leaving without a word, leaving me behind! « Luhan yelled turning around, leaving the house before the other could even react. He didn't know where he was running. He just wanted to get away from the house, from Lay – from the person that caused him his first broken heart and yet was acting as if nothing happened.

Suddenly he felt someone grabbing his arm, pushing him against a nearby wall. He winced in pain as his back hit the hard stones.

»Hey cutie, where do you think you are going? « a tall man was standing right in front of him and Luhan could smell the alcohol from his mouth. Trying to avoid the smell he turned his head a little but the other man grabbed his chin hard forcing him to bring his head back.

»Hey, I asked you a question! « the man growled and a shiver went through Luhan's body as he tried not to think about what would happen next.

»I…I am on my way home so let me go« he tried to keep his voice firm and pushed the older man in front of him.

»Not yet« the other laughed using his one hand to hold Luhan's wrists over his head while the other started roaming the younger's body. Luhan closed his eyes hoping for it to be over soon when he suddenly heard a voice.

»Hey ! «

The other man seemed to be as surprised as Luhan himself as he loosened his grip around Luhan's wrist. Luhan used his chance and jumped out of the guys reach only to see him turning around to Lay.

»What do you want? I was kind of busy here« the man growled again his face red with anger.

»Yes, I've seen that, but he is mine so leave him alone, you « Lay's voice was calm and cold as he took a step towards the guy.

»Oh yeah, is that so? « the man scoffed »Well, let's see about this! « Before Lay could react in any way a fist hit him right in the face, leaving a bleeding cut over his right eye. Lay groaned in pain and a shriek of shock left Luhan's lips.

The man aimed another hit but this time Lay ducked under it before landing a hit into the others stomach. He stumbled back a little but the next moment he landed a kick on the dark haired Chinese's chest sending him flying to the ground. Luhan led out another yelp and ran over to the younger, but Lay was already back on his feet. Landing a well-aimed punch on the aggressor’s nose he grabbed Luhan's hand.

»Let's go! « he started running immediately pulling the older with him. After 2 blocks he dragged him into a tall building. Closing the door behind them he immediately turned his attention to Luhan.

»Are you ok? «

The smaller man just nodded still shocked by the events. Without another word Lay led his childhood friend to the elevator. Arriving at the 24th floor he opened his apartment door and let Luhan inside before closing the door behind them. He mentioned the older to sit down on the couch before sitting down himself. Slowly Luhan came back to his senses.

»Thanks for saving me« he muttered barely auditable, but the other heard him anyways.

»Of course. Lulu, I…«

»Aaaand we need to take care of your wounds. Where is your first-aid kit? « the older immediately stood up. Lay frowned a little but pointed at a door.

»In the bathroom. The cupboard right over the sink«

A few minutes later Luhan came back with the kit and placed it on the living room table. Kneeling in front of the younger he pulled out some cotton buds and disinfection spray, before carefully cleaning the cut over Lay's right eye.

»Lulu, please listen to me« the younger started another attempt.

»Don't move! « Luhan ordered instead of reacting to what the other had said. Lay let out a sign in frustration but winced the next moment.

»I am sorry« the older mumbled before carefully placing a band aid over the cut. He then stood up and walked over to the big window. Crossing his arms in front of his chest he stared at the city under him. Lay didn't move from his seat at the couch but his eyes were glued to the elder's back as he talked.

»Lulu please listen to me. Let me explain! « his voice was desperate.

»See I am thankful you saved me just now but that doesn't mean I want anything to do with you« the elder's voice was cold as ice as he spoke.

»Why are you so cold Luhan? We used to be best friends« the younger's voice was filled with sadness.

»Yes, that was before you left me without a word! « Luhan threw his head around starring angrily at the taller man before turning back to look out the window.

»I am sorry Lulu. My father got that new job and we had to move with him. I just couldn't tell you we were going. Please let me explain «

»What do you wanna explain?! Why you never told me that your father got a new job?! Why you never told me you were moving?! Why I had to learn from your neighbor that you had moved out?! « Luhan was nearly screaming, but suddenly his voice became quiet and a tear found its way down his cheeks. »Damn it Lay, I…I loved you and you just left me here with a broken heart. You just went away leaving me like an old toy you had enough of. Can you imagine how I felt? « More tears started to run down his face and for a while none of them said a word as Lay slowly stood up and wrapped his arms around the older from behind.

Luhan froze for a moment but then felt himself relaxing into the hug. Lay brought his lips to the elder's ear.

»If I had enough of you why would I have tried to contact you every day since I was gone? Why would I have come back here as soon as I could trying to find you ever since? « he whispered his breath tickling the other's ear.

The older slowly turned around in the other's embrace his eyes widened in disbelieve.

»Really? « his voice was insecure and broke towards the end.

»Really! « the younger confirmed as he locked their eyes »Lulu, I am sorry I made you feel like that. I just couldn't tell you that I had to leave. I was too afraid I would confess my true feelings to you and I didn't want to ruin our friendship by telling you that I love you «

»You loved me? « Luhan mumbled in disbelieve breaking their eye contact to stare on the floor.

»Yes I did and I still do. I never stop loving you and I never will Lulu. You are the love of my life. So what about you? Do you think you can still love me? « Lay carefully cupped the elder’s chin bringing his head up.

»I don't know« Luhan tried his best to avoid eye contact but Lay hold his chin firmly.

»Well, there is only one way to find out« the younger smirked before pressing their lips together lightly. The moment there lips touched Luhan felt like a glimpse of electricity was running through his body and he closed his eyes enjoying the other's lips.

They were interrupted as they heard loud noises from outside. Pulling apart Lay wrapped his arms around Luhan as they both watched the fireworks outside the window.

»I love you Lulu« Lay muttered before playing a kiss on the elder's head. Luhan just smiled and snuggled closed into the others embrace. Maybe the new year wasn't going to be that bad after all.